Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
    softsoul is offline I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink34 View Post
    Yes, but wouldn't that be relevant? He brought condoms to first scene, she got away. Had forced oral second vic. I think using a condom for oral might mean he was either afraid to catch something or he was afraid to GIVE something- something traceable. Maybe he forgot condoms (unlikely and that necessitated the oral). However, all scenarios could go to profile. How may altruistc rapists do you know? Nevermind, scratch that, like me you dont know any rapists personally.
    Do we know anything regarding the assault on Bri- the fact that police aren't saying makes me think it goes to a unique MO.
    Still thinking it could be 2 or copycat, which pi**ed the real sicko off?
    I think the shaved pubic area and condoms were attempts to avoid leaving evidence. I don't think he realized just how easy it is to leave DNA with all the new technology. That is why I think it is a solo act with this perp. There is no evidence of a second person but we know the same guy was involved in at least 3 attacks. The other person would have to avoid leaving any trace of himself...very unlikely IMO. In regard to a copycat, how would he have gotten the perp's DNA?

I also don't think this guy is gay. Sex with women isn't attractive at all to any gay man I've met. I can't even see it being used as a weapon by a gay man. The choice of oral sex only (if that is indeed the case) may again be an attempt to limit evidence or as a way of staying more in control of the situation. Along the lines of what SS stated, it could be that he doesn't think the women are "worthy" of penetration by him.

The one thing we all can agree on is that this is one sick POS whose motives and intents are likely beyond what any of us would consider logical.

I think the fact that the 2nd pair of panties contains unknown DNA of a man and woman, he is very knowledgable about DNA evidence. Which I agree is relevent. There may be some MPD going on here, maybe that's what I'm picking up. The 2nd vic's door was almost off the hinges from a crowbar right before Bri's attack- he was trying to get something, and in my opinion knew she had already left the country. The fact that he was irate in his attempts re that break in to me, say two things, he's all about the "message" even over getting caught, and I believe Bri or the house was watched. Escalation from a nab, contained to a vehicle assault, to breaking in a house with multiple habitants, murder and removing the body is still confusing to me. I am going on a limb to say that there may have been another vic in between, or since, that has not been discovered or sadly, reported. imo

The one thing we all can agree on is that this is one sick POS whose motives and intents are likely beyond what any of us would consider logical.[/quote]

I think the fact that the 2nd pair of panties contains unknown DNA of a man and woman, he is very knowledgable about DNA evidence. Which I agree is relevent. There may be some MPD going on here, maybe that's what I'm picking up. The 2nd vic's door was almost off the hinges from a crowbar right before Bri's attack- he was trying to get something, and in my opinion knew she had already left the country. The fact that he was irate in his attempts re that break in to me, say two things, he's all about the "message" even over getting caught, and I believe Bri or the house was watched. Escalation from a nab, contained to a vehicle assault, to breaking in a house with multiple habitants, murder and removing the body is still confusing to me. I am going on a limb to say that there may have been another vic in between, or since, that has not been discovered or sadly, reported. imo

The one thing we all can agree on is that this is one sick POS whose motives and intents are likely beyond what any of us would consider logical.
    [/quote]
    I have been reading back over the articles pertaining to this case. After the December attack, it was reported in the Nevada Sagebrush, UNR's student paper, that, “The victim stated that her keys to her vehicle and residence were taken and that subject may have been prowling in the area days prior to this happening,” according to police.
    I had not remembered hearing that before I reread this. If this was in fact the case, I find it so strange that NO ONE else saw anything suspicious prior to or during this attack or the others. Something signaled to this vic that this guy was strange/out of place in the area. How come no one else picked up on it? Is it because this was a foreign exhange student who hadn't been here for long? Could this guy maybe be well-known as a harmless person in the community to the rest of the UNR campus, or worse, someone who works for the school who wouldn't raise red flags if seen walking around? I just feel that something is odd with other people not detecting anything suspicious.
    Also, I think the perp read the news accounts of the December attack and was angered that the vic went to police. I think he was breaking back into the apartment to try and silence her. I don't think it was reported that she had returned to Taiwan until after Bri was abducted. The perp wouldn't have known that.

http://nevadasagebrush.com/blog/2007...lly-assaulted/

I have been reading back over the articles pertaining to this case. After the December attack, it was reported in the Nevada Sagebrush, UNR's student paper, that, “The victim stated that her keys to her vehicle and residence were taken and that subject may have been prowling in the area days prior to this happening,” according to police.
    I had not remembered hearing that before I reread this. If this was in fact the case, I find it so strange that NO ONE else saw anything suspicious prior to or during this attack or the others. Something signaled to this vic that this guy was strange/out of place in the area. How come no one else picked up on it? Is it because this was a foreign exhange student who hadn't been here for long? Could this guy maybe be well-known as a harmless person in the community to the rest of the UNR campus, or worse, someone who works for the school who wouldn't raise red flags if seen walking around? I just feel that something is odd with other people not detecting anything suspicious.
    Also, I think the perp read the news accounts of the December attack and was angered that the vic went to police. I think he was breaking back into the apartment to try and silence her. I don't think it was reported that she had returned to Taiwan until after Bri was abducted. The perp wouldn't have known that.

http://nevadasagebrush.com/blog/2007...lly-assaulted/[/quote]

He would have if he were watching her, and these perps tend to stick so close to the investigation, he may have that was as well.
    If the vic felt he was prowling- what was that based on?

I have said from day one that the key to this guy is in the first vic. I do not feel she was so random.. not saying she was aware of him.The actual offense (oral) might support that. IMO, I see that as relative. Also the fact that she left the country- is there any evidence that was planned? I dont think so because didnt police go there for more info?

http://nevadasagebrush.com/blog/2007...lly-assaulted/
    He would have if he were watching her, and these perps tend to stick so close to the investigation, he may have that was as well.

I have said from day one that the key to this guy is in the first vic. I do not feel she was so random.. not saying she was aware of him.The actual offense (oral) might support that. IMO, I see that as relative. Also the fact that she left the country- is there any evidence that was planned? I dont think so because didnt police go there for more info?[/quote]

Blink, that's the only article where I've seen it mentioned that the December vic thought the perp might have been trolling around prior to her assault, and it doesn't elaborate beyond that quote. I am with you on there being a lot to glean from this victim.

I'm wondering more too about the truck and the more recent statement that it might not have belonged to the perp. Is this something the victim told police? Did he say something during the assault that indicated the car might not be his, like, 'Don't get blood on the seat?' And what does it mean that he could have "had access to" the vehicle? To me, that makes it seem like it's a friend's, relative's or work truck. Maybe this truck wasn't even involved in Bri's case.
    Last edited by newshound81; 04-09-2008 at 01:43 PM. Reason: setting off quote

Quote Originally Posted by newshound81 View Post

I have said from day one that the key to this guy is in the first vic. I do not feel she was so random.. not saying she was aware of him.The actual offense (oral) might support that. IMO, I see that as relative. Also the fact that she left the country- is there any evidence that was planned? I dont think so because didnt police go there for more info?

Blink, that's the only article where I've seen it mentioned that the December vic thought the perp might have been trolling around prior to her assault, and it doesn't elaborate beyond that quote. I am with you on there being a lot to glean from this victim.

I'm wondering more too about the truck and the more recent statement that it might not have belonged to the perp. Is this something the victim told police? Did he say something during the assault that indicated the car might not be his, like, 'Don't get blood on the seat?' And what does it mean that he could have "had access to" the vehicle? To me, that makes it seem like it's a friend's, relative's or work truck. Maybe this truck wasn't even involved in Bri's case.[/quote]

What is the description of the first attempted victim where they found the condoms and was it on the condoms they found the matching dna?

First, just to set the record start, at the time he came back to the Dec vics apartment, the early hours of the same day Bri was taken ..she ( the Dec vic) was still there..she is the one that called in the 911 report about someone breaking into her apartment. Needless to say I would have left the country ASAP after that too.

Secondly..I am wondering..is this a younger perp that does have a child, but not a significant other..meaning he was not as emotionally attached to the woman who may have his child? The small childs shoe leads to a small child being in the truck. But..many younger man believe a girlfriend when she says she is taking birth control..maybe she wasn't. This led him to not trust woman in relationships..and to use condums. It also went way beyond that to no relationships..just rape for his physical needs.

Far fetched I know..but there is a reason that he had condoms present at the first attack we know of...he may come from a very well to do family and they may have impressed this upon him after a child support issue came forward. To keep his pants zipped or take procautions. Again speculation on my part.

Maybe he doesn't trust women in a relationship any longer, therefore the rapes.

Quote Originally Posted by softsoul View Post
    I think the shaved pubic area and condoms were attempts to avoid leaving evidence. I don't think he realized just how easy it is to leave DNA with all the new technology. That is why I think it is a solo act with this perp. There is no evidence of a second person but we know the same guy was involved in at least 3 attacks. The other person would have to avoid leaving any trace of himself...very unlikely IMO. In regard to a copycat, how would he have gotten the perp's DNA?

I also don't think this guy is gay. Sex with women isn't attractive at all to any gay man I've met. I can't even see it being used as a weapon by a gay man. The choice of oral sex only (if that is indeed the case) may again be an attempt to limit evidence or as a way of staying more in control of the situation. Along the lines of what SS stated, it could be that he doesn't think the women are "worthy" of penetration by him.

I completely agree with this, especially the part about his opinion of women that they aren't "worthy". We still don't know what happened to Brianna as far as a sexual assault goes though and there may be some reason we don't know of why the Dec. victim was only forced to perform oral sex. I just can't see him being anything but a heterosexual monster.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDawn View Post
    First, just to set the record start, at the time he came back to the Dec vics apartment, the early hours of the same day Bri was taken ..she ( the Dec vic) was still there..she is the one that called in the 911 report about someone breaking into her apartment. Needless to say I would have left the country ASAP after that too.

Secondly..I am wondering..is this a younger perp that does have a child, but not a significant other..meaning he was not as emotionally attached to the woman who may have his child? The small childs shoe leads to a small child being in the truck. But..many younger man believe a girlfriend when she says she is taking birth control..maybe she wasn't. This led him to not trust woman in relationships..and to use condums. It also went way beyond that to no relationships..just rape for his physical needs.

Far fetched I know..but there is a reason that he had condoms present at the first attack we know of...he may come from a very well to do family and they may have impressed this upon him after a child support issue came forward. To keep his pants zipped or take procautions. Again speculation on my part.

Maybe he doesn't trust women in a relationship any longer, therefore the rapes.
    After reading through your post, I thought of something else regarding him having a child. There are some weirdos out there who won't have sex with their wife/girlfriend after she's had a baby. It doesn't make much sense, but one now-deceased celebrity comes to mind who's ex-wife said this about him in an interview a few months ago.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Does anyone know what nationality the other victim(s) are? Just curious? I'm still puzzled as to how he obtained the housemate's underwear.

I googled the Nor-Cal rapist yesterday and found that he likes to attack asian women, break into their home, description of the both attackers are similar?????

Ispy, I am very curious about how he got his hands on those panties too. And the only description I ever heard from reports was they were pink..I looked back and read some other articles but couldn't find any relating to the second pair of underwear. If it is true that the 2 pairs of panties were,"Interwined,"..that to me seems like some sort of message he is leaving and wants everyone to know. I guess those underwear could have belonged to the roomate but Brianna may have been wearing them..I don't thinks news reports haven't sreported too mcuh about that second pair. That is curious too. Anyone remember what exactly they said about that 2nd pair..other than they were interwined.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlover77 View Post
    Ispy, I am very curious about how he got his hands on those panties too. And the only description I ever heard from reports was they were pink..I looked back and read some other articles but couldn't find any relating to the second pair of underwear. If it is true that the 2 pairs of panties were,"Interwined,"..that to me seems like some sort of message he is leaving and wants everyone to know. I guess those underwear could have belonged to the roomate but Brianna may have been wearing them..I don't thinks news reports haven't sreported too mcuh about that second pair. That is curious too. Anyone remember what exactly they said about that 2nd pair..other than they were interwined.
    Yes, the 2nd pair is another mystery. I just can't bring myself to believe that Bri would be wearing a friend's underwear, especially if they were dirty. I'm not sure if they can get DNA after something has been washed or not. Unless the undies were just lying there on the floor or there is a laundry area that he passed by, I just can't see him taking the time to look for underwear during the abduction. That would mean he had to have been in the house another time. Maybe the night before when all the girls were behind a locked door? Maybe earlier that night when they weren't home?

I've heard that the underwear were intertwined with Bri's body and I've also heard they were intertwined with each other on or near her body. I'm not really sure.

More lessons from Philly rapists

So, I posted last week about Troy Graves, the Center City rapist. Philly still has one serial rapist/muderer on the loose, and they aired it on the news last night that he's been on the loose for five years.

In all, DNA has linked him to 3 rapes, one attempted rape and one murder. All attacks took place in park settings against women who were jogging or walking. After attacking the women, he sometimes tries to console them. This guy actually varied from his hunting grounds last year by attacking someone jogging in a park in a different area of the city. Police have said that he might appear "normal" to people, yet despite a sketch, no one has been apprehended.

I bring this perp up because it's another case of a rapist murdering only on of his victims, in this case, his second one. We have talked a lot about progression is Bri's case, but now we have two cases that we can look at where the perp didn't continue killing. I'm curious to hear others' thoughts on this.

Quote Originally Posted by newshound81 View Post
    So, I posted last week about Troy Graves, the Center City rapist. Philly still has one serial rapist/muderer on the loose, and they aired it on the news last night that he's been on the loose for five years.

In all, DNA has linked him to 3 rapes, one attempted rape and one murder. All attacks took place in park settings against women who were jogging or walking. After attacking the women, he sometimes tries to console them. This guy actually varied from his hunting grounds last year by attacking someone jogging in a park in a different area of the city. Police have said that he might appear "normal" to people, yet despite a sketch, no one has been apprehended.

I bring this perp up because it's another case of a rapist murdering only on of his victims, in this case, his second one. We have talked a lot about progression is Bri's case, but now we have two cases that we can look at where the perp didn't continue killing. I'm curious to hear others' thoughts on this.
    Good points NH. Profiles can only provide a probable description of these disturbed men. The fact that they are obviously demented in and of itself make them unpredictable. They just don't think like us "normal" people but are able to act the part very well. Bri's killer could continue to attack and escalate his violence or he may never kill again. The probability of him raping again is extremely high but who really knows. It could be years before he is ever identified, or worse he may never be apprehended. I'm not expecting any resolution in the near future but I hope I'm wrong and LE is hot on his trail. With no really new information it is hard to tell if they are making progress. What is the time frame before a case is officially considered "cold?"

Good point! He may even have had enough for himself to handle, possibly might stop trying to rape and kill ever again....

Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast