Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: WA - Joseph Pichler, 18, Bremerton, 5 Jan 2006 - Child Actor - #2

Hi all, just wondering where we are on getting the positive info out to such outlets as SAG, etc.

And did we ever clarify a suggestion as to what step for the family to take next? We were discussing what might be an appropriate next step, as far as the chain of command for the family to contact next. I honestly am not familiar with how that works. Maybe someone knowledgeable could explain the different levels, and when it is appropriate to move up the ladder. I would like to know just for my own benefit also.

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    is there a consensus on a next step for the family? I think they need to decide what they want to do-whether they want to work within the Bremerton PD, or move outside of it.

"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    Margaret Mead

This always helps me remember why I am here...

And my sons favorite,

"Do or do not, there is no try"
    Jedi master yoda

Let's pick back up peeps! Come on! Everyone.

Sharon, we know you are in contact with the family (we do a lot of checking, I needed to verify) and and as you all know the family also contacted me.

We DO care. Very, very, much.

Everyone needs to work together and listen to each other, agree to disagree, share what info CAN be shared (we all understand there are things that just shouldn't be said out in the public) and simmer down a bit. We all want one thing, to find Joe.

We will be helping w/talking w/mom and getting some answers to our questions and helping her as we can w/support and pointing her to the right people who can help. Mom is OK w/that. Mom expressed that she would like Sharon999 and I to get together so that we can work on who/what/how we can get Joe's story out there....she just doesn't want to deal with this on a daily basis as we are, and we have to except and respect that.

This is very hard for mom, she really is not in tune with dealing with this case 'in person'....so hard to explain...so hard for those of us who have never experienced such to understand...but, I don't have to....point is...Mom is and will be available if things need done that have to be done (that is what Believe09, I am sure meant, the family MUST be available)...they do not however need to be in the middle of these discussions if they are not comfy with it...but are ENCOURAGING US TO PUSH ON.

Mom is an AMAZING woman! She is focusing her energy working with other cases! Much like our Jinxiejada....who concentrates on other's cases, that is their 'way'. Mom recently trained with Hope and I am trying to get her hooked up with Kelly and Project Jason..Kelly is the perfect person for her to 'talk' with.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to christine2448 For This Useful Post:

Sounds like a great plan to me!

http://w2.eff.org/bloggers/lg/faq-defamation.php

This was a good article on online defamation guidelines, I didn't know most of this. Just looking for stuff we can use.

Interesting reading sherry

http://www.texasequusearch.org/

This is the link for info about Texas Equusearch. Joe's picture is on the front page!

I think they have the date wrong, anyone?
    Last edited by sherryggg; 03-06-2008 at 10:24 PM. Reason: added info

Please let me know the names of the independent labs. I couldn't find the link any where. I am sure that would be a great way to go.

we all understand there are things that just shouldn't be said out in the public
    We can't be of much use if relevant facts are being kept from us. Let me ask again--does anybody know if Joe had contact with any of his Hollywood employers in the six months prior?

And I am still confused on the status of Joe's four 'friends.' Has the family attempted to ask them by themselves what happened? If they refuse contact, well that would be suspicious. But if are still open to being contacted than that would be evidence that they were not involved.

Yeah! Maybe TES will search... Wouldn't that be great?
    Last edited by Sharon999; 03-07-2008 at 08:54 PM.

Hi Sharon,

This is an interesting lab located in Tacoma. I don't really understand everything they do, but it seems like they would be qualified to process the car. I guess Joe's apartment has been cleaned out and re-rented by now, you think? They seem pretty pricey, but again, I am unsure of time involved and the average costs of testing.

http://www.finalanalysisforensics.com/

I sent the information on the labs to the family. This is excellent information and exactly the type of service they need. I have been hoping they would reconsider accepting donations for things like this. Really important to finding Joe.
    Please for those reading this case, Joe's case was alledgedly the victim of fraud, so do not donate $ to Joe's case on a 4yourangel.com website. Right now, the family is not asking $ for anything. The family website is www.joepichlermissing.com.
    What they really need is expert advice on what to do that could help find Joe.
    It was wonderful to see Joe on the TES website!

Quote Originally Posted by starviego View Post
    We can't be of much use if relevant facts are being kept from us. Let me ask again--does anybody know if Joe had contact with any of his Hollywood employers in the six months prior?

And I am still confused on the status of Joe's four 'friends.' Has the family attempted to ask them by themselves what happened? If they refuse contact, well that would be suspicious. But if are still open to being contacted than that would be evidence that they were not involved.
    Good question regarding Joe contacting any of the Hollywood folks.

Joe did not have contact with any Hollywood actors in the 6 months prior to his disappearance that we know of. We know he had friends in California that he talked to. No one is holding back... That is all we know.

6 months prior to his disappearance Joe fulfilled a dream and went to California for a week to feed the homeless there. He and several of his friends including Cammie went on this trip. Apparently, they didn't have the same dream or it wasn't what they expected and something happened. Thats when the friends broke up. No one will talk about what happened but it was really bad and broke the friend up.

Joe had been working in homeless shelters with his family since he was little, so he knew what it was like. The conditions can be a lot of hard work. The family had befriended one very special man they loved very much, especially Joe. When he died, Joe tried to dedicate as much of his free time as he could to volunteering to feed the homeless. His dream was a foundation to help the homeless and the family is hoping to some day fulfill it.

The family have all asked the friends what happened their response was 'shut up' 'leave me alone' 'dont ever talk to me again'. Kathy tried to keep an open communication with them as best she could, but that hasn't been successful. They won't talk about what happened.

Good morning guys,
    I don't really have anything to add, just sayin' Hi!

Red face

There are a lot of questions on this forum and sometimes I miss yours. I am sorry. Please just ask it again and I will try to get back with you as soon as possible. Also, I don't always know the answer and it may take me several days to get the answer. Please be patient.
    I work so I can't stay on the forum as much as I would like. I will try to answer your questions as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Thanks for being so understanding.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    HI Sharon - I have kept up with Joe's disappearance over the last few weeks. I totally understand why you have gotten demoralized a few times over the last few months. I am not going to pretend I know what it is like to know someone who is gone and being rejected by the authorities at every turn.
    I admire your dedication, passion and enthusiasm regarding finding out what happened to Joe. I could only hope if I ever got into a situation like Joe's family I would have friends as strong as you to help back me up.
    You are doing a great job and if it were not for you most of us wouldn't know about Joe which means thousands of others wouldn't know about Joe.
    Keep up the good work - you are making a difference.

Christine-when you spoke with the mom, did you get a sense of whether or not DNA for Joe was processed? I re-read the previous thread from start to finish and was puzzled regarding some posts about two UID's from the area and whether or not their DNA had been entered for comparison purposes.
    snip
    (Implied-"Mom") is having the coroner check the body mentioned by one of the users via the www.doenetwork.org case 79. She heard in a seminar for NCMEC that weight can change dramatically if a person dies for a long time.
    Also, while I was looking for more information on Doe #79 I found another boy that died in the same river a few months later that was never identified and never put into the Namus database (National database) or the Washington State database. I don't think they had a NCIC number either. I'll double check this... The coroner didn't call us back, so xxxx is driving there personally to make sure their DNA gets checked.

snip

I know that a to do of ours was to perhaps arrange a DNA kit so I just want to get a clarification. If the mom was going to all of this trouble to get the DNA entered for the UID's, should we assume that Joe's DNA is on file since they would need to compare it to something?? Thanks!

WTG, Christine!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sherryggg View Post
    http://www.texasequusearch.org/

This is the link for info about Texas Equusearch. Joe's picture is on the front page!

I think they have the date wrong, anyone?
    Great job using your contacts to get Joe listed on the TES website!!!!!!!!!!! look for me if I get lost, will ya??

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon999 View Post
    6 months prior to his disappearance Joe fulfilled a dream and went to California for a week to feed the homeless there. ..... something happened. Thats when the friends broke up. No one will talk about what happened but it was really bad and broke the friend up.
    What? They have no homeless up in Washington state? Something strange about this. What did Joe have to say about this trip after he came back? The mystery only deepens.

The family have all asked the friends what happened their response was 'shut up' 'leave me alone' 'dont ever talk to me again'. .... They won't talk about what happened.
    Oh yes they will:
    "Normally, a teen or group of teens will fold like a house of cards when confronted by investigators."
    --From "The Cases that Haunt Us" by pioneering FBI profiler John Douglas, page 333(Scribner, 2000).

In which case the question becomes: Why won't the police treat this case as a crime? Could it be that the police, at the very least, could be complicit in the disappearance of Joe Pilcher? That is the only explanation that makes sense. I don't think they will help you no matter what.

ps
    What's with Joe's computer? Probably one of the best and cheapest things to do would be to hire an IT guy to comb the hard drive and put everything on disc. Wait--lemme guess: the cops came by and took the computer?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to starviego For This Useful Post:

"What's with Joe's computer? Probably one of the best and cheapest things to do would be to hire an IT guy to comb the hard drive and put everything on disc. Wait--lemme guess: the cops came by and took the computer?"

Really good idea. If it hasn't been done, does anyone know a good IT guy in The Bremerton area, or is this also something you would want an independent forensics lab to do?
    Last edited by sherryggg; 03-07-2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: spelling

...is this also something you would want an independent forensics lab to do?
    No!! Get someone who is independant and based on personal recommendation. Those 'labs for hire' are probably too tied in with the law enforcement agencies.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast