740 users online (81 members and 659 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

A woman was found dead in Chapel Hill, NC today, March 5. She was shot multiple times in the head. Police are seeking help from the public to identify her.
    The victim was white, age 18-25, 5'5" tall, 120 lb. She had blonde hair. She was wearing a navy blue shirt with a red circle and white symbol in the center, and gray sweatpants. Her shoes were Converse Starbury tennis shoes, which apparently are fairly uncommon in that area. She also had on a gold necklace with a locket.
    It appears that she was shot around 5 a.m. this morning.
    Anyone with information about the identity of this woman should call the Chapel Hill Police at 919-968-2760.

Is there a link to a news story about this?

Chapel Hill PD Need Help To ID Dead Woman

~snip~

She is described as a White female with blonde hair, between 5'5" and 5'6" and weighing 120 pounds. She was wearing a navy blue short sleeve shirt with a red circle and a white symbol in the center, a gold color necklace with a locket, gray sweat pants and blue, gray and white converse tennis shoes that are described as "Starbury" in type.

http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn...3-05-0002.html

Lester Day, age 76, found the body. She had been shot twice and her upper torso burned. Police believe she was killed in a different location and her body was dumped where Mr. Day found it. She appeared to have been dead for several hours.
    www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080306/NEWS/803060364/1001/news

Quote Originally Posted by Helper View Post
    Lester Day, age 76, found the body. She had been shot twice and her upper torso burned. Police believe she was killed in a different location and her body was dumped where Mr. Day found it. She appeared to have been dead for several hours.
    www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080306/NEWS/803060364/1001/news
    I wonder if they should be checking missing persons on a route from Auburn, Al. to North Carolina. Being shot and then an attempt at burning sounds similar to Lauren Burk who was shot Tuesday night and her vehicle torched 30 minutes later in Auburn.

oops. The above post from me concerns the woman found in Jackson, MS, not the North Carolina woman.

She has been ID'd they are re-cycling their news article links, but here is the updated story just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by nbc17
    Police announced Thursday that the woman found shot to death on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill was the student body president.

The victim has been identified as Eve Carson, 22, who was a senior at UNC and the student body president.

According to Chapel Hill Police, they responded to a report of gunshots in the area of Davie Circle at around 5 a.m. Feb. 5 and found Carson's body lying in the intersection of Hillcrest Dr. and Hillcrest Circle.

Police issued a "Be On the Lookout" alert for her blue 2005 Toyota Highlander.

This is a breaking news story in Atlanta. Eve is another Georgia resident shot and killed near major universities out of state. Lauren Burk of Marietta, Ga. killed at Auburn University on Tuesday night and Eve Carson of Athens, Ga. killed at UNC Wednesday morning. Eve's vehicle has not been recovered but Lauren's was torched.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/cri...ge_tab_newstab

Eve Carson, 22, shot to death, Chapel Hill, NC *merged threads*

Another college woman similarly shot!

http://www.charlotte.com/109/story/524621.html

There is a press conference now. Do they think they are related???

Vehicle still missing...

I just read this too! What the hell is going on lately?

If you're in the area - Keep your eyes open for her vehicle!

Snip

http://www.charlotte.com/109/story/524621.html

nvestigators are looking for Carson's stolen 2005 blue Toyota Highlander with Georgia license plate AIV 6690. They believe the vehicle was taken during the crime.

Similar too - Notice she was left "roadside"?

I have to say this is pretty shocking for two Georgia women attending out of state universities to be shot and killed within 24 hours of each other. Eve's car is still missing. I wonder if it will be torched the same as Lauren's when it is found.

How close in location are the universities to eachother? IE could someone travel that far in the time span between the two murders?

OR is this another "copy cat" type crime.

World is starting to get way too scary.

I wonder what she would have been doing out before dawn? It doesn't seem that she had any boyfriend problems or ex problems. I wonder if the shooting was random and for her vehicle.

Thread discussing eve's murder -

(another one)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61495

I think we all started posting at the same time once it broke they had confirmed her Identity....

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast