GUILTY India - Scarlett Keeling, 15, found dead on Goa beach, 18 Feb 2008

RhdHighness

Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=527312&in_page_id=1879
pics at link

By TOM RAWSTORNE -

It was meant to be great family adventure - then 15-year-old Scarlett MacKeown was left alone by her mother in Goa. Days later she was dead. Murder... or a drunken accident? Here, her mother insists SHE wasn't at fault.

As she tearfully retraced her teenage daughter's last steps, Fiona MacKeown's eye was caught by an object lying on the edge of the dusty track.

It was a leather sandal — nothing special — but its discovery started a chain of events that has sent shockwaves through a part of the world still regarded by some as a corner of paradise.

Fiona knew at once that the shoe belonged to her daughter, 15-year-old Scarlett Keeling, whose body had been found on a nearby beach three days earlier.

The time of her life: Scarlett Keeling was enjoying her first trip outside Britain when tragedy struck

"I was so shocked to see the shoe just sitting there that I did a sort of double-take," Fiona explained.

"It was just a Greek-type sandal, and I picked it up and I held it and looked at it, and there on the sole was the imprint of my daughter's foot.

"I knew it was hers immediately. She was my child. I recognized not just the shoe but the mark of her foot."

The discovery forced Fiona to accept that there was more to Scarlett's death than she had been led to believe by police.

The mother is just wacked out. 9 kids by various men and no father in the picture at all? Then up and leaving one child alone in a resort???

Umm, Her failure as a mother killed her child just as dead as the men who killed poor Scarlett.

The mother is just wacked out. 9 kids by various men and no father in the picture at all? Then up and leaving one child alone in a resort???

Umm, Her failure as a mother killed her child just as dead as the men who killed poor Scarlett.

:clap:

I am stunned speechless at her total lack of a clue..........

Well, there's an interesting welfare system at work - her only income is benefits of the state, but she has enough to take herself, a lover, and 9 kids on an international vacation.

What an unreal story!

But, she wasn't alone she was with Julio! I'm so sorry this woman's child has been murdered or even in the avent the poor kid had drowned. Who in their right mind leaves a young lady alone in a foreign country with a tour guide? I'm an adult and travelling in another country never parted from my fellow travellers. Hey, whatever she has to do to livw with herself I guess. However this from a mom who made her 16 year old call from a cell when she got to work two blocks away. I'd have known a shoe that belonged to my child, but her footprint in the shoe? Is this lady on acid? This is just unbelievable to me.

I think maybe the mother did a lot of acid back in the day or something.. That's insane to leave your child with a 25 year old male tour guide since she oh so trusted him off the bat with her children..

What are you kidding me!!!!! Who leaves a 15yo alone for several days let alone "several weeks" in a strange country? I wouldn't leave my 17yo alone with a 25yo man in my family room so definitley not in another country. WOW is about all I can say.

My 17 yr old daughter and her fellow (he's 18) are mad at me and her dad because we won't let her go to Puerto Rico with him and his family for a vacation. I'm sorry... unlike the mother of this child, I find it appalling to have my child go unsupervised by me, in a different part of the world with what I equate to be nothing more than strangers. (we don't know his parents, well... they haven't been dating long)

I don't get how this mother doesn't feel any ounce of guilt or blame... SHE allowed the girl to stay behind... with a tour guide that adds up to nothing more than being a stranger to that family. Eesh!!!!

That was quite a story. The first indication something was not right was when I saw the picture of the pretty 15 year old with a big old piercing in her lip like a cow, only to scroll down further to see the mom with the same stupid piercing. June Cleaver insists that while she knows her daughter has smoked cannabis, she was not into drugs. And you would know this because? Anybody see the movie Idiocracy?

Though I am sorry for what happened to her, somehow I think the girl is in a better place. I'd like to see the mother on Keith Olbermann's Worst Person In The World list, 9 kids on welfare, traveling the world. How Nice!

I couldn't even finish reading the article and by the time I was halfway through it I wanted to smack that excuse for a mother a good one.

What a complete idiot. She's absolutely the poster child for a cut off in benefits.

Well, she might not blame herself, but I blame her. What an idiot to think that she could just abandon a 15 year old girl in a foreign country because the girl throws a fit. No wonder this girl didn't have a lick of sense, she learned it from her mother.

That was quite a story. The first indication something was not right was when I saw the picture of the pretty 15 year old with a big old piercing in her lip like a cow, only to scroll down further to see the mom with the same stupid piercing. June Cleaver insists that while she knows her daughter has smoked cannabis, she was not into drugs. And you would know this because? Anybody see the movie Idiocracy?

Though I am sorry for what happened to her, somehow I think the girl is in a better place. I'd like to see the mother on Keith Olbermann's Worst Person In The World list, 9 kids on welfare, traveling the world. How Nice!
Did you notice the tattoo?

God love the rest of the nine.

at least she left her in the care of the responsible guy that was screwing the kid. after all if you cant trust a 20yr old guy you never met before alone with your 15yr old daughter who can you trust?

This kind of reminds me of the Madeline McCann case. Here's a parent who, while vacationing in a foreign country, makes an unbelievably bad choice. She leaves her child alone, and the result is that the child is no longer in her life.

Why, why, why, why do parents keep abandoning their children? It doesn't matter how mature the 15 year old is, she's not old enough to be alone like that! She didn't want to accompany the rest of the family to another vacation spot? Tough! You're the parent, you decide where your child will go.

Mom is totally to blame. She kept contact through infrequent phone calls? Oh my God! 15 is not an adult. It's nowhere near to an adult.

Why don't we ever hear these parents say that they wish they could go back and make a better decision. All they ever say is it's not their fault.

Well, there's an interesting welfare system at work - her only income is benefits of the state, but she has enough to take herself, a lover, and 9 kids on an international vacation.

What an unreal story!

I was shocked by that too...until I read her plan was to sleep OUTSIDE in hammocks tied to palm trees.

Who are the 8 remaining children living with now? PLEASE tell me she was stripped of her parental rights, they're in foster care or with a sane relative????

Yeah, how does that work? Dang!

What rock did this woman crawl out from under, when someone finds it, would you please smash it??

Even though I have only 2 children and a full time job, there is no way that I could have a month long vacation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back