743 users online (75 members and 668 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,450

    Road Rage Woman Changes Story

    http://www.startribune.com/local/16384516.html

    The woman, as a result of road rage, said a man smashed her cell phone and threw here in the middle of traffic.

    Seems she "was confused." She's now telling a different true story.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,611
    I believe a WSer posted this originally, saying it was their cousin it happened to. I will try to find the topic.
    Yeah, see here.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,160

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,306
    No she was not confused, she lied and provoked a fight.

    "Boulden walked back to his pickup and argued with him. The man wanted to leave, but she tried to keep him from shutting his driver's door. He pushed her down. Her cell phone fell and broke. He drove away."

    The man wanted to leave but she was angry and wanted drama.
    She is not a victim she is the aggressor.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    mountains
    Posts
    1,475
    Link stated Jennifer Boulden was shook up by incident and was on heavy pain medication when deputies first spoke to her. If she was on heavy pain medication why was she driving in the first place??

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    816
    Nice that Jennifer felt it was ok to drive while on heavy pain medication. If that is the case I can promise you that she ignored the warning on the prescription bottle that says "do not drive or operate heavy machinery". Thank goodness no one else was hurt.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by tempusfugit View Post
    Link stated Jennifer Boulden was shook up by incident and was on heavy pain medication when deputies first spoke to her. If she was on heavy pain medication why was she driving in the first place??
    I think they spoke with her at the hospital and that is where she was on heavy pain medication. Either way, she is to blame for her own actions. Talking on a cell phone, while driving (we are all guilty of that, I know I am) but then while driving and a talking, she pulls a U-TURN and almost causes a horrible accident that would have involved children then she pulls over and starts to fight with the man who has every right to be angry at her, she then follows him to HIS TRUCK and yells at him (cursing and acting a fool in front of the kids, I am sure) and he pushes her to get away from this crazy chick!

    She is very lucky this man did not actually harm her! She almost KILLED his family! She is very immature and I hope she gets in trouble for filling a false police report and all the laws she broke while driving that day.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    mountains
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by pixies View Post
    I think they spoke with her at the hospital and that is where she was on heavy pain medication. Either way, she is to blame for her own actions. Talking on a cell phone, while driving (we are all guilty of that, I know I am) but then while driving and a talking, she pulls a U-TURN and almost causes a horrible accident that would have involved children then she pulls over and starts to fight with the man who has every right to be angry at her, she then follows him to HIS TRUCK and yells at him (cursing and acting a fool in front of the kids, I am sure) and he pushes her to get away from this crazy chick!

    She is very lucky this man did not actually harm her! She almost KILLED his family! She is very immature and I hope she gets in trouble for filling a false police report and all the laws she broke while driving that day.
    Oh thank you pixies, for pointing that out to me, I must have misread the article. Gawd, I hate when I do that!! IMO, it still seems like she was the aggressor though.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,766
    Good grief, she definitely told 2 very different stories.
    Hope she thinks twice before talking on the phone while driving. It's probably a good idea that she keep her comments to herself. What if the guy would had a weapon when this happened?
    She accosted the guy and he could have seriously hurt her-- in self defense no less.

  10. #10
    hipmamajen's Avatar
    hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,199
    This is frustrating to me. I had a lot of sympathy for her after reading the first article.

    Where I come from, that's not called being "confused." She told a big fat lie, and not just to make herself look better. She actively tried to get someone else in trouble! What if they'd found and arrested the other driver based on her account?
    Just thinkin' out loud....



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    262
    West Metro road rage victim defends story

    "I do not retract my story at all," said Boulden.

    http://kstp.com/article/stories/S371181.shtml?cat=1

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,163
    How does everyone know that she lied? Maybe she is innocent here.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post
    How does everyone know that she lied? Maybe she is innocent here.

    Why on earth would she have even pulled over?? And if that is not enough she got out of her car and confronted him?? After SHE admitted to pulling in front of him and making an illegal turn????

    Keep in mind they still have not found the man driving the truck .. her story changed once she was confronted with witness accounts.

    He did not throw her into traffic .. she fell and dropped her phone.
    IMO that is the difference between him being a criminal or not.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,376
    Not so sure. I mean, we know the newspaper never misquotes people or gets the story wrong.

    (My favorite last week was the headline about the "Woman Arrested in Shooting of Auburn CoEd" which then went on to refer to the suspect as "he" throughout the article. Duh.)

    However it happened, this woman has admitted that she started the problem by making the illegal U-turn and cutting him off. She has apologized for that. She claims that he forced her car to the side of the road, was screaming obscenities at her (in front of the kids he was so worried about) and pushed her into the middle of the road. She said there is "no way" she slipped or fell accidentally and dropped her phone.

    Even if you are mad, no one got hurt by what she did. Keep driving and thank God you are fine. She could have been killed by an oncoming car. She said she could hear brakes screeching and cars swerving. As for the witnesses? Well, the TV report had none, and the newspaper article did not quote any. Where are they? The only ones the TV report even mentioned were the ones who stopped to help her out of the street and said it was "horrible."

    If this guy is so innocent, why hasn't he come forward to tell his side of the story?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    Not so sure. I mean, we know the newspaper never misquotes people or gets the story wrong.

    (My favorite last week was the headline about the "Woman Arrested in Shooting of Auburn CoEd" which then went on to refer to the suspect as "he" throughout the article. Duh.)

    However it happened, this woman has admitted that she started the problem by making the illegal U-turn and cutting him off. She has apologized for that. She claims that he forced her car to the side of the road, was screaming obscenities at her (in front of the kids he was so worried about) and pushed her into the middle of the road. She said there is "no way" she slipped or fell accidentally and dropped her phone.

    Even if you are mad, no one got hurt by what she did. Keep driving and thank God you are fine. She could have been killed by an oncoming car. She said she could hear brakes screeching and cars swerving. As for the witnesses? Well, the TV report had none, and the newspaper article did not quote any. Where are they? The only ones the TV report even mentioned were the ones who stopped to help her out of the street and said it was "horrible."

    If this guy is so innocent, why hasn't he come forward to tell his side of the story?
    he did not force her off the road, she pulled over and he pulled in behind her.
    "He drove back into the lane behind her. Boulden pulled over on the outside shoulder, and the dark-colored, full-size pickup with a topper parked behind her."

    Also
    "He yelled at her for her poor driving and for using a cell phone, then returned to his truck, where a woman and two children waited.
    Then Boulden walked back to the pickup and argued with him. The man wanted to leave, but she tried to keep him from shutting his driver's door. He shoved her so he could close the door, and she fell on the highway. Her cell phone fell and broke. He drove away."

    She is totally to blame in this case! She almost killed the family with her poor driving skills and by talking on a cell phone!

    Most women would have never pulled over. Period.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-14-2015, 03:17 AM
  2. Solution to Road Rage??
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 08:41 AM
  3. Woman says driver showed his genitals during road-rage incident
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 01:39 AM