740 users online (106 members and 634 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,521

    OH - Husband turns home into prison for wife & kids


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    968
    He was an idiot.
    He should have disconnected the phone when he left the house.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    146
    Toth, some of the things you say just blow my mind. I have to wonder, are you just kidding, or do you actually believe that?


    How awful for that poor woman and her children. I'm so glad she had the courage to get help and put this sicko behind bars where he belongs. Good for her!!

    d

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    He was an idiot.
    He should have disconnected the phone when he left the house.

    Oh Dear Toth. Nice to have a deranged perspective. I don't think she called anyone, they said a tip came from a relative and the authorities went to help her get out. You're thoughts are provocative at the best of times.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    850
    Actually, she did call someone according to the article.

    http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/U..._040325-2.html

    After years of imprisonment, Polly Mitchell finally called a local YWCA last June. The battered wife said she could no longer let her children live in fear.

    "My son started showing violent traits and I didn't like that at all," she said. "And I knew that I wouldn't be able to do anything with my life."

    After her conversation with workers at the YWCA, authorities helped Polly Mitchell and her four children to escape through a window in their home.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In a crazy world
    Posts
    3,227
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyd

    <<< EDITED >>>

    How awful for that poor woman and her children. I'm so glad she had the courage to get help and put this sicko behind bars where he belongs. Good for her!! d

    This story is just too diabolical, blueclouds and mommyd!

    I hope the YMCA (various associations/authorities) help relocate Polly and her children to a safe new world. When this punk gets out he's going to be more lethal than a raging rattlesnake, IMO!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyd
    Toth, some of the things you say just blow my mind. I have to wonder, are you just kidding, or do you actually believe that
    It would certainly be simpler if he had just unplugged the phone rather than trying to be vigilant and detect some tendancy towards disobedient behavior wherein she might try to use the phone without his permission.
    Thats why Bountiful, BC, the polygamy community, has signs all over the place saying "Keep Sweet". It is a constant re-inforcement to the subjugation of the female so as to subdue her innate wicknedness which, as Increase Mather reminds us, is greater than all the other wickedness in the world combined. In this case, the man did not have the support of the community in maintaining his household.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,459

    Toth

    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    It would certainly be simpler if he had just unplugged the phone rather than trying to be vigilant and detect some tendancy towards disobedient behavior wherein she might try to use the phone without his permission.
    What is your opinion on this type of behavior? Do you find it acceptable to hold someone prisoner in their own homes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    Thats why Bountiful, BC, the polygamy community, has signs all over the place saying "Keep Sweet". It is a constant re-inforcement to the subjugation of the female so as to subdue her innate wicknedness which, as Increase Mather reminds us, is greater than all the other wickedness in the world combined. In this case, the man did not have the support of the community in maintaining his household.
    I just don't understand your post who or what is “Increase Mather”?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    968
    >What is your opinion on this type of behavior?
    The behavior of unplugging the phone would have been efficient and effective.

    >Do you find it acceptable to hold someone prisoner in their own homes?
    From Eastern Europe onward, thats perfectly acceptable. Females are prisoners within certain areas of their husband's home.


    >I just don't understand your post who or what is “Increase Mather”?
    Increase Mather is the father of Cotton Mather. Increase Mather was the brevet Bishop in Salem Village at the time it achieved notoriety.

    I think you might want to remember that "It takes a village". This marriage did not have the resources of the village. There were no signs saying "Keep Sweet". There was no social network enforcing the subjugation of his wife and no other women who could detect her changed behavior and tendancy towards defiance of his authority.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,521
    TOTH, I'm wondering more what's your opinion on this. Although you have a great deal of alternative lifestyle knowledge, you seldom offer your own personal point of view. Just curious.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    968
    My opinion is that he was an idiot for not unplugging the phone, that he was an idiot for not being able to detect his wife's trechery, that the fact she caused him to be arrested is evidence of her sinful wickedness, that he lacked the support of the community and that it was his home and his wife.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    My opinion is that he was an idiot for not unplugging the phone, that he was an idiot for not being able to detect his wife's trechery, that the fact she caused him to be arrested is evidence of her sinful wickedness, that he lacked the support of the community and that it was his home and his wife.
    Well maybe he should be living in those countries where that is the norm. We have expectations of certain freedoms for both sexes. I could never imagine my husband doing that to me and would definitely do everything to try to leave. I think it is wrong and I hope he enjoys his prison time.

    Would it be okay if someone locked you up for years in your own home?

    PS, thanks for replying.

    Is your spouse free to go places?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by blueclouds
    Is your spouse free to go places?
    She tried it... once!












    LOL.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    She tried it... once!


    .
    I'm sure you learned your lesson then. Now you know better on how to "wife proof" your house.

    You sure do think "outside the box" bud.

    ROLF. Maybe you should be a comedian.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    146
    I'm still VERY confused by Toth's posts. I'm quite new to this board and don't "know" Toth or anyone else for that matter so could someone who is NOT new, please tell me if Toth is serious or just kidding? I would ask Toth this but he/she doesn't seem to answer any questions like this with a straight answer.

    As for my beliefs on this, I would certainly NOT stay in an abusive relationship nor stay as a prisoner in my own home. I think this man is lucky to have only received some jail time and not a bullet to the head while sleeping one night! Has anyone seen The Burning Bed?

    d

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY NE - Omaha wife turns in husband Martin Beecham for child pornography
    By Filly in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-31-2016, 01:56 AM
  2. GUILTY WI - Husband Turns In Wife For Sexual Assault Of Child
    By Filly in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 03:06 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 09:03 AM
  4. NY - Rudolph Henry, 44, stabbed to death, Brooklyn, 9 Sept 2010
    By bogeygal in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 02:18 AM