OK - Mom Arrested After 4 Yr Old Shows Up At School Drunk

White Rain

Reaction score
An Oklahoma woman was arrested after her four-year-old daughter turned up at school drunk.
Teachers at Andrew Johnson Elementary School in Oklahoma City noticed that the girl was acting strangely. When they smelled alcohol on her breath, they called the authorities.
Christine Aaron, 34, was arrested on child neglect charges and bailed from the Oklahoma County Jail the next day.
She had apparently left an open beer can within reach of her daughter before falling asleep.
The girl then drank about eight ounces of beer, or about two-thirds of a 12-ounce can — enough to get her drunk, according to authorities.
Aaron reportedly realized her daughter had taken a drink from the can. She scolded the girl, but still dropped her off at school.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335956,00.html

Probably the best thing that happened to the child. her mother being taken to task might sort things out at home better.

if mom can make a turnaround?

she'll probably be put in prison, though.

Aaron reportedly realized her daughter had taken a drink from the can. She scolded the girl, but still dropped her off at school.

ahhh, Now I get it. The mother is an alcoholic and an idiot.

I'm gonna wait and see before I form an opinion. It could be a freak accident, it could be a terrible home life for this poor girl. I could see both quite easily.

I'm gonna wait and see before I form an opinion. It could be a freak accident, it could be a terrible home life for this poor girl. I could see both quite easily.

My parents were social drinkers when I was her age. There is no way I would have drank that much of a can of beer at that age. I remember my dad letting me have a sip of his beer and I did not like it and never asked again. I have a feeling this is not the first time she drank beer and she probably has a terrible home life.

My parents were social drinkers when I was her age. There is no way I would have drank that much of a can of beer at that age. I remember my dad letting me have a sip of his beer and I did not like it and never asked again. I have a feeling this is not the first time she drank beer and she probably has a terrible home life.

Bingo! :(

You could be absolutely right.

On the other hand, the mother may have had a friend over and not cleared the room adequately before going to bed. I have no clue, I am just holding on to hope, because I am tired of hearing about these poor children with God-awful home lives. :(

I have to agree most kids would not even take one drink without spitting it out. I know my kids smell everything before they will taste it and they won't drink it if it smells funny. Although, my husband has a cousin who is an alcoholic and would let his kids have sips of his beer. They had a little girl who was about 2 and she would chug down a can of it if she could get her hands on it.

Here you go from the link at the opening post:
Aaron does not have a criminal background, police said, although they believe her daughter has had access to alcohol in the past.
:(

She probably saw the kid take A drink not realizing she drank the whole can. Unfortunately, the full effects did not hit the child until after she was dropped off at school. I think it sounds like an accident, but of course...the mother should not have had an open beer left out where a 4yo could access it. She shouldn't get the DP over this tho, imo.

How sad.
When my brother was young he would drink any and all beer in the house. He loved the stuff! He was around 3 or 4 too.

My dad had to keep it out in the shed until my brother "got over it" but it was just odd how much my bro liked that stuff. Now he is 23 years old and hates the smell and taste of beer!

Hold on. The mom left the beer can open before falling asleep. She realized the kid drank X amount and scolded her, but still dropped her off at school. O.K. when the heck did the woman fall asleep? Accident or not she still took the kid to school. Hit their heads still send them to school. Got a fever of 103 degrees still send them to school. Knowing they have lice still send them to school. Also, this was beer. Socially drinking is acceptable. Now, if the mom would have left a smidgen of crack out and the kid ate it. Well, never mind as alcohol is legal.

I really don't feel this should be national news. From what I'm gathering, this is an isolated careless accident. Some things shouldn't be sensationalized and news worthy. I say let the mother handle it along with the family. The embarassment would probably be enough.

I really don't feel this should be national news. From what I'm gathering, this is an isolated careless accident. Some things shouldn't be sensationalized and news worthy. I say let the mother handle it along with the family. The embarassment would probably be enough.

Exactly just like the numerous news makers where parents are employing their children to shoplift.

Hold on. The mom left the beer can open before falling asleep. She realized the kid drank X amount and scolded her, but still dropped her off at school. O.K. when the heck did the woman fall asleep? Accident or not she still took the kid to school. Hit their heads still send them to school. Got a fever of 103 degrees still send them to school. Knowing they have lice still send them to school. Also, this was beer. Socially drinking is acceptable. Now, if the mom would have left a smidgen of crack out and the kid ate it. Well, never mind as alcohol is legal.

I agree. I think the mom was up late drinking or never went to bed. The teacher smelled booze on the 4 yr olds breath. But the mother didn't notice anything? DHS did take the child and I have to wonder if they maybe took a blood sample. I don't think there is a chance that this child only took a sip and the mother is a social drinker. I'd love to hear from her neighbors.

I had a taste for beer when I was a kid. I loved to go and get my uncle a beer when he was visiting. I would open the can and take a quick sip before delivery. LOL. But I never got more than one or two sips at any gathering. My cousin, on the other hand, made the rounds sneaking sips from beer cans at a bar-b-q when she was a toddler. None of the adults realized what she was doing until they noticed her stumbling around. After that, they watched her and their beers more carefully.

I cannot imagine that woman sending her child off to school when she knew she was drunk.:eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back