MA MA - Newburyport, WhtMale 11-17, UP11797, severely impacted molar, clothes, Nov'92

AmandaBrown23

Im just living among all the madness
Reaction score
Sorry if this was already posted but I just feel like someone is missing this boy. I found it on the doe network

The Doe Network:
Case File 1070UMMA

1070UMMA.jpg
1070UMMA1.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim by Mary Manheim
Unidentified White Male

• The victim was discovered on November 28, 1992 in Newburyport, Essex County, Massachusetts
  • Estimated Date of Death: 1987-1991
  • Skeletal Remains
  • Cause of Death: Undetermined, Homicide not ruled out.
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 13-17 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6-5'10"; weight unknown.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Hair and eye color unknown. No distinguishing marks noted.
  • Dentals: Available. He had an impacted molar which had grown sideways and out through the jaw. Forensic Anthropologist said it must have been very painful. There is no indication that he ever received any dental treatment.
  • Clothing: 32-30 Levi jeans, size 11 Reebok Sneakers T-shirt, no logo, no tag
  • Fingerprints: Not available
  • DNA: In CODIS
Case History
The victim was located in a wooded area off Route 95, which runs from Florida to Maine, so it is believed he could have come from anywhere, including Canada.
State Police believe that the youth was a runaway, but his description did not match that of any teen-agers reported missing locally.
He was found just off the SB Rte 113 exit.
A Forensic Anthropologist examined the body, and his age was determined from teeth and from the fact that certain of his bone shafts had not yet fused, which happens at about age 20.
Another way to identify him is through the X-rays of his head and body. If he ever had a skull X-ray, for his head injury, they would be able to match it or rule it out with his X-ray. No cause of death could be determined, though there were no markings on the skeleton, soft tissue injury was possible

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1070umma.html

you did a great job! It definitely resembles him

Aha... it does that automatically... just being a little blond here :rolleyes:

Good job ! There's a definite resemblance, and I think you should turn it in as a possibility.

I think both of these could be potential matches. I like the first one most because of the nose. But the eyebrows and chin are very similar in the second.

Midnight - you did a great job on the side by side and removal of the glasses! :)

Salem

Are you going to call them in or contact DOE to see if they have been ruled out?

I sure hope whoever he is his family can get some closure because someone out there has to be missing this child.

Thank you Salem :)

Could someone else please call it in - since I'm from Denmark, it would be kind of difficult due to time difference!

If the nose is correct on her reconstruction, it looks as if the face had not "grown into it" yet which could put him in the younger end of the category. It is so much larger in her reconstruction, it would be quite recognizable, imo. In other words, that would be the one thing people would definitely remember since his face was overshadowed by the size of his nose.

If the nose is correct on her reconstruction, it looks as if the face had not "grown into it" yet which could put him in the younger end of the category. It is so much larger in her reconstruction, it would be quite recognizable, imo. In other words, that would be the one thing people would definitely remember since his face was overshadowed by the size of his nose.

If you take a look at the age progressed picture of Christopher Kerze - his nose looks very large.

I don't personally put much stock into age progressed photos. I wish they would stop listing them as the only photo up on many missing sites. It does an injustice to the case, imo.

I don't have that much experience with age progressed pictures - in this case I just noticed the nose.

Welcome to WS, MidnightQ! Where are my manners?!

I have just noticed on a few sites they don't include the last known real photo of the missing person which bothers me. A few of the age progressed photos might be fairly accurate, but it does depend on so many factors. The person doing them is only one. I have seen mug shots from people who changed horrifically because of drugs and a hard life. They would not resemble the age progressed photos either. (I am only using this as an example of one factor.)

Thank you Salem :)

Could someone else please call it in - since I'm from Denmark, it would be kind of difficult due to time difference!

Is someone calling it in? Or would you like me to follow up and do it? I've actually gotten quite comfortable calling and doing this. (I always tell my family, "I may be disabled, but it's sure not my mouth that has the problem :) " )

Barb - if you would it would be greatly appreciated.

We will be waiting to hear what you find out :)

Thank YOU!

Salem

Welcome to WS, MidnightQ! Where are my manners?!

I have just noticed on a few sites they don't include the last known real photo of the missing person which bothers me. A few of the age progressed photos might be fairly accurate, but it does depend on so many factors. The person doing them is only one. I have seen mug shots from people who changed horrifically because of drugs and a hard life. They would not resemble the age progressed photos either. (I am only using this as an example of one factor.)

Thank you for your welcome :)

Is someone calling it in? Or would you like me to follow up and do it? I've actually gotten quite comfortable calling and doing this. (I always tell my family, "I may be disabled, but it's sure not my mouth that has the problem :) " )

Please feel free to call it in. I sure hope it's a match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back