976 users online (218 members and 758 guests)  

Websleuths News

AZ - Shawn Christopher, aka John Call, Cochise County, March 2004

http://www.svherald.com/articles/200...e400232176.txt

9 March 08

On March 25, 2004, a suicide note was found for a missing man named Shawn J. Christopher — also known as John E. Call — in his vehicle located south of Tombstone about a mile, on a westbound dirt road, less than a mile from Highway 80, Limon said. The team used 70 people, expended 397 man-hours and checked numerous mine shafts, but the man was never found.

A short time before that, a suicide note from a woman, leading the county team to search for seven days in the Sorin Pass area in the Dragoon Mountains, also yielded no body.

“The suicides are extremely difficult to find,” Limon said.

more at link

One thing about Cochise County.....there's plenty of places to disappear and not be found for years, if ever, down there. So much open desert...almost like searching for a needle in a haystack.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

I really really wish this article had included a picture of him. Just because he left a note is not proof that he committed suicide. Because:

1. I can think of several instances where a person left a suicide note but actually went off on their own, faking their own death.
    2. What exactly is a suicide note anyway? Most of them don't say "This is a suicide note" and many of them don't say "I am going to kill myself." Perhaps Mr. Christopher just left a despondent letter or poem or something and everyone is thinking it's a suicide note but it's not.

Anyway, he should be treated as missing rather than deceased, until more evidence comes up.

I agree.....just from my pathetic armchair poking around...the leaving of a sad sounding letter or not or even a letter that could be called a suicide letter means that's what has happened. I think a lot of times they assume the person is old, committed suicide or had Alzheimers or something, and just don't put a lot of effort into looking for them.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the