Burglary suspect snuggles up to sleeping victims

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma (Reuters) -- An Oklahoma couple were surprised when they woke up and found a drunk burglary suspect asleep in bed with them, police said on Thursday.

The couple from the south Oklahoma city of Ardmore called police, ran out of their house and watched officers arrest the man who was still sleeping in their bed despite the sirens and commotion, police said.

Dan Johnson, 24, was arrested on the scene in the incident that took place on Sunday and was charged with burglary.

Officer Chad Anthony said in his arrest report that it took quite an effort to rouse the suspect from a deep slumber.

"After about two to three minutes, Johnson stood up. I saw that he was very intoxicated," he wrote.

The report said Johnson was found with a cell phone belonging to one of the victims in his pocket and $4 in cash, also apparently stolen.

Johnson is suspected of kicking down a door at the residence and also trying to gain entry by using garden trimmers to pry open a door, the report said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/US/Southwest/03/25/sleepy.burglar.reut/index.html

he probably thought it was his house! i have a friend that did something like that. was kicking in the door to his neighbors, thinking it was his house. said he was pretty drunk and didn't remember a thing. lol

LOL Lex...

We were invited to a party one time... and we had never been to this house before... we went to the door and a kid opened it, we said we were here for the party.. he let us in, we took our shoes off etc.. put the wine we brought in the kitchen... next thing the Dad comes downstairs

"Who the &$%# are you?" he says....

We were in the wrong house.... :slap: the Dad was so mad at his kid, yelling at him "what the hell are you doing letting strangers in?" the boy kept saying "but they said they were here for the party"

We quietly got our wine and shoes and got the hell out of there... could still hear the guy yelling when we were out on the street.

OMG! LOL @ Casshew! I can't imagine.

One time, my husband and I heard someone trying to open our front door (loudly) around 2 am. My husband went to the door quietly, and flung it open, ready to punch whomever it was in the face. The guy was so shocked to see my husband that he stumbled backward (he was drunk) and almost fell down. Come to find out, he was a friend of our next door neighbors and he had come to town to visit him from out of state. They went out and had a few too many. When they got back, this guy had fallen asleep in the car, so our neighbor just left him in the car to sleep it off. He woke up and tried to go into the house......our house!.....by mistake!

The next morning, the guy came over to apologize. You could tell he was sooooo embarrassed!

LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back