1005 users online (176 members and 829 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Jessica Click-Hill, 7, Redlands, 2 Sept 1995

Missing Since: September 2, 1995 from Redlands, California
    Classification: Family Abduction
    Date of Birth: September 29, 1987
    Height and Weight: 4'0, 60 - 80 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde to brown hair, blue eyes. Jessica may use the last names Click and/or Hill. Some agencies spell her last name "Clich-Hill."

Details of Disappearance

Jessica was last seen in Redlands, California on September 2, 1995. She was abducted by her non-custodial mother, Wendy Dawn Hill. A photograph and vital statistics for Wendy are posted below this case summary. A Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) warrant for unlawful flight to avoid prosecution was issued for her on June 23, 1997. Click-Hill and her mother have never been heard from again.

Some agencies report that Jessica was last seen in Walnut Creek, California. That city's police are assisting with the investigation.

Above: Wendy Dawn Hill
    Date of Birth: November 29, 1957
    Height and Weight: 5'7 - 5'8, 190 - 200 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Hill may use the last names Click and/or Jackson.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Contra Costa District Attorney's Office
    OR
    Walnut Creek Police Department

925-943-5890

CA - 1995 abduction of 8yo Jessica Click-Hill solved - girl located, mom arrested

By Roman Gokhman
    Contra Costa Times
    Posted: 03/04/2010 08:21:21 PM PST
    Updated: 03/04/2010 10:49:51 PM PST

WALNUT CREEK — A 22-year-old woman, reportedly abducted by her mother more than 14 years ago from Walnut Creek, has been located and her mother arrested in Los Angeles County, police investigators said Thursday.

Jessica Click-Hill was reported missing by her father, Dean Click, on Sept. 2, 1995. He told authorities he believed his wife, Wendy D. Hill, abducted her.

The Contra Costa County District Attorney's Office filed charges against Hill and a warrant was issued for her arrest in 1996. But authorities said the 52-year-old Hill, who also goes by Gail D. Jackson, vanished before police could arrest her. In 1997 the FBI issued a second arrest warrant for unlawful flight to avoid prosecution.
    About eight months ago, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children contacted the FBI and police with a tip for a possible location in Monrovia, Los Angeles County, where the mother and daughter might be found.

"They are a clearinghouse for people to make tips about missing children," Schadler said of the organization.

The FBI searched that location Tuesday. Agents, working with Walnut Creek police, arrested Hill on the federal warrant and then contacted Jessica Click-Hill, whom Schadler said was found at a separate location.

He did not say whether Jessica lives alone or whether she sees herself as an abduction victim. Schadler also did not say where the tip that led to Jessica's discovery and Hill's arrest came from.

Hill was booked Thursday morning into County Jail in Martinez. Her bail was set at $250,000. Attempts to locate Dean Click for comment late Thursday were unsuccessful.

more here

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_1...ce=most_viewed

Wow -- just WOW!!!
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

wow. and the girl probably was told her dad didnt want her blah blah blah or that he was dead or in jail. and now that girl has got a bunch of conflicting emotions

I feel very conflicted with regard to these parental abduction stories. After all, the "victim" is now 22. Was the "victim" rescued from the custodial parent at the age of 8? One has to wonder. Uncounted children have been "abducted" by non-custodial parents, and raised away from custodial parents at huge personal cost to the parent who "abducted" them.

Who "abducts" their child and hides out for so long, unless the custodial parent is really bad news and the authorities won't help? The sacrifices the supposed "kidnapper" makes are enormous. Furthermore, criminals don't hide very well. Their lifestyle outs them. If these supposed "kidnappers" of their children were criminals by nature, then they would be outed by a wreckless pattern of personal behavior. In cases where this doesn't occur, one must suspect that the "kidnapper" is not a criminal by nature, but simply a normal parent pushed to desperation by unreasonable circumstances.

What teenage girl cooperates with a vile or crazy "kidnapper" into young adulthood? The official version of these cases severely strains credulity.

We should wait patiently for the truth to come out. There's more to this story than meets the eye.

Who's to say what the story is? Yes, the mother could have been protecting her daughter from a spouse who would do the child harm. The mother, not getting any help from authorities, takes the child into hiding at great risk to herself in order to protect the child.

But sometimes parents take children just for spite. Sometimes parents take children because of mental issues.

I imagine it would be very easy to make an 8 year old believe that her father was dead or didn't want her or whatever. That girl may never have known that she was abducted.

To me it brings to mind more the case of the Baskin children, and if I feel sorry for anyone in that case it is the parents and brother who searched for years and years for their children, not knowing if they were dead or alive.

But, as always, these little news blurbs raise more questions than they answer.

yeah she might have been protecting, but if she wasnt im not about to sit here and blame the girl for not reporting her mom.

HLN just did a clip on this story they showed the father (who didn't readily appear to me as a creep) but this was the first I have heard of this story.

I also found this: http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_14525599

id like to know why when a mother kidnaps the kid some automatically assume the father was molesting or abusing the kid.
    custody nor the divorce was even final when she was taken

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    id like to know why when a mother kidnaps the kid some automatically assume the father was molesting or abusing the kid.
    custody nor the divorce was even final when she was taken
    ITA!!

If it was the other way around the father would STILL be assumed a molester or abuser of some type. No one would be sticking up for him. After the high-profile case of Sean being taken to Brazil by his mother, haven't we seen that evil comes in all forms, female included???

I was just reading this article here

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/86714242.html

<snip>

According to the San Jose Mercury News, the FBI and Walnut Grove police tracked Hill down and arrested her, then found Jessica elsewhere. Hill was booked Thursday into the County Jail in Martinez, Calif. She has made bail.

The FBI didn't tell the newspaper whether Jessica lives alone or if she sees herself as an abduction victim.

Click says he hasn't been able to talk to Jessica yet, but, "I've looked forward to this moment. The good news is that Jessica is alive and well and we have found her, and yet I have not been able to speak with her. She's an adult now, she's 22 years old. And she has a right to privacy. So, even the Walnut Creek (police) cannot give me her address and phone number.

"The other part," Click told "Early Show Saturday Edition" co-anchor Erica Hill, "a flip side of that, though, I that I've given them all my contact information, my work phone, our address, all the phones, are being forwarded to Jessica. And she is in a position to call me if she would like to. And I would welcome that conversation in a heartbeat. The other thing I can do, I've been told, is to write a letter, like a love letter, saying what I want to say to Jessica."

What would he say to Jessica if he could contact her?

"What I would say is to Jessica today is that I have missed her so much and I still love her so much, and it's so great that we have this opportunity to continue with our lives. A void of 14 years cannot be refilled. That gap can't be brought back and refilled. And yet, today is a good day to start a new life and a new communication.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Even if she was protecting her daughter, even if the child doesn't see it, there were untold sacrifices made by the child, forget the abductor.
    Abducted children are raised to be secretive, which makes them prime pedophile targets.
    Abducted children are often left with substandard education and medical care, as the abductor is afraid to enroll them in school or take them to a doctor.
    Abducted children often are lied to about their past, creating false memories and obscuring the real ones.
    Abducted children lose at least one half of their family, often without input on it.

She was 8, if her father was abusing her, she was old enough to speak to the judge and social services. She was deprived, whether she was happy with that or not is a different story.

i just think if this was a male kidnapper we wouldnt be assuming, or even thinking it possible, that he took her to get away from an abusive mother would we? not only do we have no verification of that, we dont even have an ACCUSATION. From either the mother or the girl, nor, unless someone has court records, did they 15 years ago.

this is a victim oriented site.....and nothing i see says the father is anything but a victim

I wouldn't risk going to jail and losing my children forever to get back at my ex.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-daughter.html

Click said he lived in Walnut Creek in Northern California at the time and for years had not been able to visit his daughter without a mediator present. He said at the time he’d been accused of molesting his daughter, a claim he denied.

Sadly, it is likely the mother poisoned her daughter against her father. Happens all too often. Some selfish parent decides they don't want to go the legal routes and coparent, so they run. If you read Chicana's link, the father was exhonerated of the mothers false accusations, awarded visitation, had ONE visit, showed up for the second and the home was vacant.

I hope this father and daughter can reunite and have some kind of relationship. Hopefully the child will forgive her mother for her actions. Mom, however, needs to face justice.

It is really high time parental abduction has some kind of consequences. It's been ignored for far too long.
    Last edited by Cubby; 03-07-2010 at 04:21 AM.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast