1180 users online (241 members and 939 guests)  

Websleuths News

"No Body" prosecutions

Even though this article is not specific to this case I thought it was interesting on how they go about prosecuting "no body" murder cases.

How difficult is it to convict a suspect of murder if there is no body and no weapon, such as in the Sam Parker case?

Tad DiBiase says it’s easier than one might think.

DiBiase, a former homicide prosecutor from Washington, D.C., shed light on “no body” cases.

DiBiase has collected more than 200 “no body” homicide cases, including several other Georgia cases beyond the Sam Parker case, which can be researched on his blog at nobodycases.blogstream.com.

According to DiBiase, the biggest obstacle that a “no body” prosecution faces is proving that the person was actually murdered. This allows for two components.

The first would be to prove that the actual person is deceased, while second would be proving that that person was actually murdered.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v...ryID=3511&on=1

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v...ryID=3511&on=1

snip/

According to DiBiase, in any domestic violence case, the issue is very much often about control. Typically it is the man doing something to the woman.
    “It’s almost always about control — the man feeling like he is loosing control and that is what can be a triggering event,” he said. “You almost always see some triggering event. A fight between the two people, a court date coming up.”
    According to DiBiase, a divorce is a classic triggering event, because it sends a signal to the man that he is loosing control and the woman is getting away. “And that is often what triggers someone that would ordinarily not be disposed of committing a murder to actually do something like that,” he said.
    /snip

Very interesting article..in the quote above it sounds similiar to the events surrrounding both Kathleen and Stacy.
    JMHO

Vincent Doan received life without parole in the case of Carrie Culberson. Her body has never been recovered.

Drew Peterson is a man who as well as being a controlling husband, (an understatement), is the type of killer who does so if you are in his way.
    The killing of hs 3rd wife speaks to this. He didn't want to lose anything in a divorce, so he killed her instead. (Even though they were divorced before she died.)

Instead fo sharing the children and living separate lives, paying her out for a house or whatever, he killed her.

I think he had to say Stacy left with another man because you just cant have 2 women being dead via accident. That would have opened to many doors to speculation and investigation.

Instead, he has done something with her body that he feels is pretty well fool proof. He may have cut her up in pieces and strewn it around in idfferent places. (I dont mean he did the cutting in the home- he is too evil for that).
    I think he took her out of the house and did something very bad to her. I think of things like a chemical dip in a waste plant where nothing would be left of anyone. (we thot scott had done this at one point when lacy wasn't turning up).

He is way too cocky about never finding her body and thats why I think he has gotten rid of it in a very permanent way.

I think he will be tried and convicted for the death of his 3rd wife, so even if he isnt convicted of the death of Stacey, he may spend his life in prison.

To me thats where his controlling behaviour can really be talked about and shown. The circumstantial evidence is huge where his 3rd wife is concerned.
    Last edited by newtv; 04-08-2008 at 06:30 PM.

Oh, Chico! Thank YOU! I found this site a long time ago and tried without success to find it when this case started. Hugs~
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

This week in Oakland, California, Hans Reiser was convicted of 1st degree murder of his wife Nina.
    Her body has never been found. This case never really took hold here at WS but I followed it from the very beginning.

There are also cases where there was no conviction.

Robert Guevara was the most likely suspect in the murder of Corrine Erstad (1992); IMO he did it.

A dress identical to the garment Erstad was last seen wearing and a pair of girl's underpants stained with blood and semen were found inside Guevara's locker. There were bloodstains on a shower curtain inside RG's trailer. Even the DNA testing showed that the fluids could have come from both Erstad and Guevara. However, the jury acquitted him. Corrine's body has never been found.

http://www.geocities.com/farmgirl103...ne_Erstad.html

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    Thank you this is good stuff to read. However, in the case of DP they do have one body...that of Kathleen Savio. Still, so far, no arrest. That concerns me greatly!

Just becaause they have Kathleens body doesnot mean they can pin it on Drew. Remember her place was not treated as a crime scene so they have none. That is a big factor.

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticj View Post
    Just becaause they have Kathleens body doesnot mean they can pin it on Drew. Remember her place was not treated as a crime scene so they have none. That is a big factor.
    You are so right! The police messed up big time! That will always bother me, was it a set up or not??? Hopefully one day we will know!