TX - Dallas Police Say Mom Throws 2 Kids From Overpass, Then Jumps

I'm sure some motorists are going to need counseling. I hope the kids recover...I hope she doesn't.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa080312_wz_i30wreck.486ec95a.html

Dallas police say a 27-year-old woman threw two of her children from the Jim Miller Road overpass into rush hour traffic on Interstate 30 Wednesday morning. She then leaped 22 feet to the pavement below.
The boys, ages 6 and 8, were rushed to Children's Medical Center for treatment; their conditions were not available, but police said they were expected to survive.

I just wonder why she threw them? It said she got out of the car that the kids dad was driving and thew them off, then herself. Why not just jump alone? Why bring the kids into her messed up problems?

This is something that is going to be with these poor kids the rest of their lives, how do they recover from this?

God I pray these children survive.

What can possess a mother to do something so horrible? :( If you want to kill yourself, fine. Just leave your kids out of it.

I just wonder why she threw them? It said she got out of the car that the kids dad was driving and thew them off, then herself. Why not just jump alone? Why bring the kids into her messed up problems?

This is something that is going to be with these poor kids the rest of their lives, how do they recover from this?

I'm glad they have the chance to recover from this. I think it would be easier on them if she dies. That way they can chalk it up to a chemical imbalance and not have to deal with any guilt trip she'll give them if she survives and wants to see them.

Come on now...How many of these fricken same stories have there been lately? Why the hell are people so selfish they can't see their kids are not possessions?

You wanna off yourself? OK! Than off YOURSELF not your dang kids.

Why is it so hard to write angry posts without curse words?

Can you imagine their terror? These are not babies and will not likely forget what happened. I am already tormented by the struggle that surely occurred, at least with the 8 yr old. It can't have been easy for her to lift him.

Prayers for these babies.

Can you imagine their terror? These are not babies and will not likely forget what happened. I am already tormented by the struggle that surely occurred, at least with the 8 yr old. It can't have been easy for her to lift him.

Prayers for these babies.

I just can't see it. Any 8 year old I know would be so difficult to physically control with all the physical thrashing about - it couldn't have been easy.

I just can't see it. Any 8 year old I know would be so difficult to physically control with all the physical thrashing about - it couldn't have been easy.

It's hard to believe that the second child wouldn't have literally ran for his life!!! I would have thought that survival instinct would have kicked in...then I am even more disturbed that he may have just been rooted to the spot in sheer terror at what was happening.

I even hope the mother gets the help she needs :(

Has anyone found anything on mom yet?

Name published in one of the articles was Khandi Busby, also states all 3 are in "stable" condition, and children's names are published:furious:..(not posting here due to being minors and respect for the little guys that had to go through this):(

Of Khandi - Hope I did this right!
busby_khandi.jpg
I do NOT know if this is the current booking photo or if she has a previous record and it's from that. However, is it just me or does her eye look pretty swollen..ie perhaps one of her injuries?

This happened at 6:15 am, not 7:15 am. This is my normal commute and I came upon it at 6:30, before the ambulances got there. I believe the mother was hit by 1 maybe 2 vehicles. It is possible the kids were grazed by cars. At this time of the morning, there is a lot of traffic and it is moving quickly. Lucky for me, I was running about 15 minutes late or I could have been involved.

I am praying the kids will be okay.

kaelee

"Ms. Busby may face two counts of attempted murder charges related to this incident, police said. "

I pray that she does. I can't even begin to think what was going through those boy's minds, as they were laying in the middle of a busy highway, with cars driving right by their little bodies:mad: :furious: :mad: :furious: .

Can we just throw her off a taller bridge?

Come on now...How many of these fricken same stories have there been lately? Why the hell are people so selfish they can't see their kids are not possessions?

You wanna off yourself? OK! Than off YOURSELF not your dang kids.

Why is it so hard to write angry posts without curse words?

It just @*#&$ #$%(#) (#*@) is. :crazy:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998