1184 users online (234 members and 950 guests)  

Websleuths News

Dolphin rescues stranded whales

When I read this story I instantly thought of Tybee. She would have loved this story!!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- A dolphin swam up to two distressed whales that appeared headed for death in a beach stranding in New Zealand and guided them to safety, witnesses said Wednesday.
    The actions of the bottlenose dolphin -- named Moko by residents who said it spends much of its time swimming playfully with humans at the beach -- amazed would-be rescuers and an expert who said they were evidence of the species' friendly nature.

Talking

That made me smile.

God Bless the Dolphins!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharlap View Post

That made me smile.

Me too, Pharlap!

With all the bad news, sad news, devastating news that we all read on our forum - this was exactly what I needed to see on this Sunday morning.

Thank you for posting this "feel good" story, Indy Gal. I agree - Tybee would have loved it.

Smiles ..

Rum Tum

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Ah... I wasn't the only one that thought of Tybee right away. I miss her.

I love Dolphins. My granddaughter and I were just talking about them today. Years ago there was movie that I loved (and dammit, I forget the name now.) It was about a man and his wife who taught two dolphins to talk. The ending was so sad, I cried. What the heck was the name of that movie.

Great story!

Why can't humans be more like Moko??

Thanks for sharing, it was a great story! I have loved dolphins since my first trip to sea world as a little kid.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBee View Post
    I love Dolphins. My granddaughter and I were just talking about them today. Years ago there was movie that I loved (and dammit, I forget the name now.) It was about a man and his wife who taught two dolphins to talk. The ending was so sad, I cried. What the heck was the name of that movie.
    Was it The Day of the Dolphin with George C. Scott and Trish Van Devere BeeBee? They taught Dolphins to talk and then the dolphins were kidnapped to use in an assassination plot