GUILTY NC - Nicole Kasera, 11, found dead in car at Georgia truck stop, 9 March 2008

White Rain

Reaction score
Hopefully her charges will be brought up to murder after the autopsy reports come back.

LAGRANGE, Ga. -- Authorities in west Georgia say a North Carolina woman was charged with child cruelty after her eleven-year-old daughter was found dead in the back of her car parked at a Georgia truck stop.

Nancy Akinyi Kasera of Thomasville, North Carolina, called 911 from the LaGrange Travel Center Sunday night saying the child was not breathing.

Coroner Jeff Cook pronounced Nicole Aduma Kasera dead at the scene. Authorities stil have not released autopsy results to determine the cause of death.

Cook said the girl with her 38-year-old mother and eight-year-old sister, who was placed in foster care.Sheriff Donny Turner said the autopsy revealed the girl had been dead for 12-24 hours before Kasera's call. Turner said the examination also confirmed initial observations that her body had numerous injuries from head to foot.

"A good word would be tortured, she looks like she's been just tortured," said Troup County Sheriff Donny Turner. "Her arms had been bound numerous times. She had very bad injuries to her arms and her wrists."

Kasera told police she had driven to Auburn, Alabama for a job interview.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15572074/detail.html

Poor little girl.

Hope that mama goes under the jail.

:furious: :furious: :furious: RIP little one.. the evil can never touch you again.

Hopefully her charges will be brought up to murder after the autopsy reports come back.

LAGRANGE, Ga. -- Authorities in west Georgia say a North Carolina woman was charged with child cruelty after her eleven-year-old daughter was found dead in the back of her car parked at a Georgia truck stop.

Nancy Akinyi Kasera of Thomasville, North Carolina, called 911 from the LaGrange Travel Center Sunday night saying the child was not breathing.

Coroner Jeff Cook pronounced Nicole Aduma Kasera dead at the scene. Authorities stil have not released autopsy results to determine the cause of death.

Cook said the girl with her 38-year-old mother and eight-year-old sister, who was placed in foster care.Sheriff Donny Turner said the autopsy revealed the girl had been dead for 12-24 hours before Kasera's call. Turner said the examination also confirmed initial observations that her body had numerous injuries from head to foot.

"A good word would be tortured, she looks like she's been just tortured," said Troup County Sheriff Donny Turner. "Her arms had been bound numerous times. She had very bad injuries to her arms and her wrists."

Kasera told police she had driven to Auburn, Alabama for a job interview.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15572074/detail.html
OMGOsh! The world is so crazy now. ;(

Any locals, please post updates!

That poor baby- I cant imagine the pain she must have felt- They also said she had a lot of scarring on her hands/wrists from being tyed up-
May she rest in peace, away from her monster of a mother. I have lit a candle in her memory. :)

Poor little girl. What a monsterous that so-called mother is. I hope that the 8 year old is okay. She probably witnessed unspeakable things and will need counseling and our prayers.

I found some more information on this woman and her background. Her name is Nancy Kasera. She is from Kenya and has been in the US for a few years. Her husband died suddenly in July of 2007 from a heart attack after jogging.
The really sick part of this story is that she drove around for hours with her younger 8 yr old daughter in the car and had even made a couple trips that day to Micky D's for a "happy meal". Can you imagine that poor baby having to drive around, let alone eat right next to her dead sister. There is more info as well as some posts from a person who was at the scene when the police found the dead girl in her mother's car.

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2008/03/12/nancy-kasera-has-some-explaining-to-do/

I will never understand why people that hate children have them and then fight to keep them :confused:

I will never understand why people that hate children have them and then fight to keep them :confused:

Me either!! Imagine the level of abuse she suffered.:furious:

Not to mention, as chicogirl36 said, her poor little sister sitting next to her siblings corpse :furious: :furious:

Because they see the children as theirs. No one wants what is theirs taken from them by force.

I think you're right, SCM. It's not about not wanting the children, often I think it's about not 'losing' to the authorities. Very sad :(

Any updates on this case locals? Hopefully the youngest daughter has some local fmaily here so she wont be put in the foster care system- What a trajedy- She is at such an impressionable age, I hope that doesnt scar her too bad- poor baby- I'm sure she was also a witness to some, if not all, of her sister's torture-
I hope that so-called mother of hers ROTS!!:furious: :behindbar :behindbar :furious:

From September 2008:

http://www.the-dispatch.com/article/20080908/articles/809080279

Nancy Akinyi Kasera, a Kenyan national who had made her home in Thomasville for the past several years, was found guilty of second-degree murder Monday afternoon in Davidson County Superior Court in the March death of her 11-year-old daughter, Nicole Kasera...

Superior Court Judge Michael Beale sentenced her to no less than 13 years, one month and no more than 16 1/2 years in prison...

Brown said an autopsy of Nicole Kasera’s body revealed “extensive injuries over her entire person.” Multiple bruises, scars and open wounds in various stages of healing covered her head, face, hands, arms, torso and legs... Nicole’s cause of death was determined to be the result of complications from traumatic injury and sepsis.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back