CO - LoReyna Barea, 7, emaciated, dies of blunt force trauma, 9 March 2007

hipmamajen

I love the friends I have gathered together on thi
Reaction score
Dan Partch and his girlfriend, Genevieve Barea, are charged with child abuse resulting in death after Barea's niece, 7-year-old LoReyna Barea, was found dead in Partch's Evans home last March. Her body weighed 35 pounds and was covered with bruises.

Partch and Barea were the girl's guardians.

Partch was charged with child abuse resulting in death and if convicted, could spend up to 48 years in prison.

Genevieve Barea faces the same charge.

During Partch's trial the coroner said if Partch had sought medical care for the girl, she could have lived.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=87978

He claimed he just thought she had the flu, and that's why they didn't seek medical help for her. That doesn't explain the bruises, or why she was so malnourished. :(

They need LWOP if you ask me. Poor child. Didn't stand a chance against these monsters. :(

What a gorgeous girl she was! I wish they could get death! :behindbar How could they watch her waste away or beat her little body? :furious: RIP LoReyna.

<snip>
Jury finds man not guilty in emaciated child case

WELD COUNTY – After initially saying they were deadlocked, a jury found a man not guilty of child abuse resulting in death on Thursday afternoon.

The jury announced the not guilty verdict in the Dan Partch case just before 2 p.m.

The jury told the judge on Thursday morning they were deadlocked and the judge told them to reconvene and try again to reach a verdict.

Oh man! How did that happen?

From November 2012:

http://host-29.242.54.159.gannett.com/news/local/article/299187/679/Loreyna-Barea

LoReyna Barea, 7, died March 9, 2007, of blunt force trauma and acute dehydration.

She had at least 68 cuts and bruises and was so thin that her joints, ribs and spine were clearly visible. LoReyna weighed just 34.8 pounds...

Partch was acquitted and charges were dismissed against Barea. Defense lawyers argued that LoReyna hurt herself in a bike accident and would often throw herself against the wall or down the stairs.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back