VT - Melissa, 9, & Trevor Mack, 4, killed by drunk boater, 4 July 2002

vermontn03

Former Member
Reaction score
Drunken boater to serve additional year in prison

MIDDLEBURY -- The man convicted of causing a 2002 drunken-boating capsize that killed two Charlotte children conducted himself well during three years in prison and throughout the seven months since he was released following a successful appeal, an Addison County judge said Monday.

Regardless, George Dean Martin's actions at the helm were so egregious they outweigh every argument in his favor, District Judge Helen Toor said. She ordered the 52-year-old former Charlotte man back to prison for one more year.

Here is the link for the rest of the article.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080311/NEWS01/803110306/1009

What a heartbreaking story. I hope this man can continue to keep moving in a positive direction. Another year is jail is nothing compared to the lifetime burden he will carry with him.

Heartbreaking!!!! I had an aquaintence that was involved in a similar situation years ago. She ran over two very young girls with a jet ski. The girls died on the scene. She was never sent to prison but, she lives each day with this. In and out of an institution and under constant medical supervision. She had 4 little girls of her own.

Heartbreaking!!!! I had an aquaintence that was involved in a similar situation years ago. She ran over two very young girls with a jet ski. The girls died on the scene. She was never sent to prison but, she lives each day with this. In and out of an institution and under constant medical supervision. She had 4 little girls of her own.
How sad. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back