1206 users online (226 members and 980 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Not Of This World
    Posts
    21,642

    Five Severed Fingers Identified as Belonging To Guards Held in Iraq

    U.S. authorities are in possession of five severed fingers, four of which belong to private security contractors who were abducted in Iraq nearly 16 months ago and remain missing, according to law enforcement sources close to the investigation.

    The fingers were delivered last month to U.S. authorities in Iraq but were not accompanied by a ransom demand or other information, according to sources. Fingerprint and DNA analysis determined that they were removed from four of five guards taken hostage during an ambush near the Kuwaiti border on Nov. 16, 2006.

    Much more at link:

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/12/AR2008031203793.html?nav=rss_world


    Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

    Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

    10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

    Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

    Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

  2. #2
    imarealwitch is offline witches parking only, all other will be toad
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    anywhere my broomstick takes me
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    U.S. authorities are in possession of five severed fingers, four of which belong to private security contractors who were abducted in Iraq nearly 16 months ago and remain missing, according to law enforcement sources close to the investigation.

    The fingers were delivered last month to U.S. authorities in Iraq but were not accompanied by a ransom demand or other information, according to sources. Fingerprint and DNA analysis determined that they were removed from four of five guards taken hostage during an ambush near the Kuwaiti border on Nov. 16, 2006.

    Much more at link:

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/12/AR2008031203793.html?nav=rss_world

    How sad,mo

    thats heartbreaking to hear that, it disturbs me,mo

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In the holla
    Posts
    2,065
    Wow, that's so much better than waterboarding. <sarcasm>

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,537
    Prayers for the men and their families.

    At least they didn't have to go through simulated drowning

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,537
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,341088,00.html

    Remains of Kidnapped U.S. Contractors in Iraq Recovered

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,338
    That's so sad. I'm sure they were tortured then killed. For what? What did the terrorist gain?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondieskatz View Post
    That's so sad. I'm sure they were tortured then killed. For what? What did the terrorist gain?
    About as much as we're gaining by being in Iraq.

    Prayers to these families.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    About as much as we're gaining by being in Iraq.
    Well said. Coming from a heavy-military family, we all agree. It's time to come home.

    Prayers to the families as well.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Well said. Coming from a heavy-military family, we all agree. It's time to come home.

    Prayers to the families as well.
    Fingers crossed and prayers said for this every single day!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    BAY AREA
    Posts
    10,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,341088,00.html

    Remains of Kidnapped U.S. Contractors in Iraq Recovered
    Now where are the other 3
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.


    http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    Fingers crossed and prayers said for this every single day!
    Amen!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,119
    I haven't seen any time frames as to how long they have been dead-I am fascinated by the press around the numbers of military dead from the US armed forces being represented as 4000, when I have seen the contractor numbers listed in excess of 15000. I deeply admire our people who are fighting in this conflict, regardless if they are part of a private contract army or they came through the front door via marines, navy, air force, army or national guard.

    It is a horrible story...I could rant endlessly about the conflict itself and my feelings about it, but in the end my heart still aches for all of the casualties of this war.

    Peace and comfort to their families...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,537
    Bodies of three more US contractors found in Iraq

    http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...storyid=502459


    This makes all five.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-15-2017, 11:49 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-01-2016, 06:57 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 04:55 PM
  4. Identified! Iraq - Gulf War Pilot Located and Identified - Capt. Scott Speicher
    By Fairy1 in forum Identified!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 09:21 PM