1430 users online (261 members and 1169 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 141
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Wow, she really does resemble MJD. Though, I want to mention something, I think the fullness on MJD's face is due to swelling from the accident. If you look only at the left side of her face, right for us viewing pics, it does appear that she would have had more of a narrow face.

    I did a pic just copying her left half and copying it over to the other side.

    From photo suite... which I don't know how to use too well.


    I have tried to take the swelling into consideration when looking for possible matches - just concentrating on the right side of her face, eyebrows and her nose. But when I saw Elana's pic - I saw the BEST resemblance so far of any pic we've seen here. And...I have looked a every possible missing girl in every state for years back and have not come up with any possibles.

    OT a little - has anyone noticed that the Doe Network does not seem to have posted any missing females past 1999? I've noticed that in looking for MJD - among others. It's disturbing to me. I use the Charley Project quite a bit also because I find it to be more "user friendly" for searches. But if the Doe Network isn't up to date, I would prefer not to use it. I've seen plenty of cases where missing people were not actually reported missing until quite some time after the fact. That could apply to our MJD - or anyone else for that matter!
    Last edited by Cubby; 08-23-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: remove pic

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    I have tried to take the swelling into consideration when looking for possible matches - just concentrating on the right side of her face, eyebrows and her nose. But when I saw Elana's pic - I saw the BEST resemblance so far of any pic we've seen here. And...I have looked a every possible missing girl in every state for years back and have not come up with any possibles.

    OT a little - has anyone noticed that the Doe Network does not seem to have posted any missing females past 1999? I've noticed that in looking for MJD - among others. It's disturbing to me. I use the Charley Project quite a bit also because I find it to be more "user friendly" for searches. But if the Doe Network isn't up to date, I would prefer not to use it. I've seen plenty of cases where missing people were not actually reported missing until quite some time after the fact. That could apply to our MJD - or anyone else for that matter!

    Newer missing persons cases at Doe are listed at their sister organization, NAMPN. Click on the blue box for the sister organization.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Newer missing persons cases at Doe are listed at their sister organization, NAMPN. Click on the blue box for the sister organization.
    Thanks - I do search there as well. I just wish there was better cross-referencing with these sites!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,765
    I have sent Elena's posting to Maricopa - just in case.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Wow, she really does resemble MJD. Though, I want to mention something, I think the fullness on MJD's face is due to swelling from the accident. If you look only at the left side of her face, right for us viewing pics, it does appear that she would have had more of a narrow face.

    I did a pic just copying her left half and copying it over to the other side.

    From photo suite... which I don't know how to use too well.


    Hmmm.. I never did really take that into consideration (the swelling), thanks for posting this. Wow, MJD does bare a striking resemblance to some of these foreign girls.. I am hoping that maybe she did come from another country and her family didn't think to look in the US.. someone has GOT to be missing this beautiful girl..
    Last edited by Cubby; 08-23-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: remove pic

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    929
    is there a database for people that are missing internationally? Or would we have to search country by country? I know people usually run to somewhere other than the US, but could it a parental custody dispute thing and someone felt they could NOT report her missing? Mail Order Bride?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    I have sent Elena's posting to Maricopa - just in case.

    Thanks Fairy.

    Yes, Vashley, I really get the feeling that she is Eastern European. It is difficult for me to convey the tens of thousands of young girls from former Eastern bloc countries who are tricked/kidnapped/go willingly into foreign prostitution. If I didn't have roots in Europe myself, I would never believe the extent of the phenomenon.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,765
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    Thanks Fairy.

    Yes, Vashley, I really get the feeling that she is Eastern European. It is difficult for me to convey the tens of thousands of young girls from former Eastern bloc countries who are tricked/kidnapped/go willingly into foreign prostitution. If I didn't have roots in Europe myself, I would never believe the extent of the phenomenon.
    I totally agree absinthe - and it sure would explain a lot with regard to this particular case.

    BTW - when I submitted Elena's info to the Maricopa investigators, I also asked if we can have access to the police and ME's reports. Might not get very far with that request - but it doesn't hurt to ask!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    I totally agree absinthe - and it sure would explain a lot with regard to this particular case.

    BTW - when I submitted Elena's info to the Maricopa investigators, I also asked if we can have access to the police and ME's reports. Might not get very far with that request - but it doesn't hurt to ask!

    Call me a conspiracy theorist, but sometimes I think that LE may be so tight-lipped about this case because they may have stumbled onto something big.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    Call me a conspiracy theorist, but sometimes I think that LE may be so tight-lipped about this case because they may have stumbled onto something big.
    Yes, I agree completely.

    Also, I looked up the origin of the surname "DeJong", and it is Dutch, which would be Slavic, right? Maybe there is a linking between Lindsay DeJong and MJD?..


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    515
    And maybe Lindsay was never questioned because her English wasn't very good.. and not a lot of people can translate those types of languages...

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,736
    Quote Originally Posted by VASHLEY88 View Post
    Yes, I agree completely.

    Also, I looked up the origin of the surname "DeJong", and it is Dutch, which would be Slavic, right? Maybe there is a linking between Lindsay DeJong and MJD?..
    The Netherlands is not a Slavic country, but it certainly has an infamous prostitution industry. Good sleuthing!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    515
    You know, I was reading up on prostitution in the Netherlands, and it's legal there.. they have sex trafficking in a lot of other European countries, and the legal age of consent in the Netherlands is 16, probably pretty close to how old our MJD was.

    I could be off the wall here, but I felt it was worth looking into since L. DeJong has a very common Dutch surname..

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    The Netherlands is not a Slavic country, but it certainly has an infamous prostitution industry. Good sleuthing!
    yes, I figured that out

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    515
    Age Progressed to age 19 Additional Images of Child Printable Format Florida Department of Law Enforcement
    Missing Children Information Clearinghouse MISSING CHILD
    PARENTAL ABDUCTION
    LINDSAY MARIE JOHNSON Date Missing: 2/5/1994 Missing From: Fairfax,VA County: Birth Date: 5/14/1988 Age Disappeared: 5 yrs 8 months Height: 4' 00" Race: White Hair: Blonde Weight: 055 Sex: Female Eyes: Blue Narrative: The children may be in the company of their non-custodial mother and are believed to be in Florida.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Possible Matches - Post Possible Matches Here
    By Earthbound Misfit I in forum Princess Blue
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 09:33 PM
  2. Ruled out Eliminated Possible Matches
    By phenolred in forum Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 04:41 AM