Inactive
Reaction score
Please continue the discussion here.

FindMM.jpg

Last thread is here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53160

McCanns take on the Express at last.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/greenslade/

Roy Greenslade / Analysis.......

It is all very well being obsessed by a story - that can often be of value - but to publish, day after day, contradictory and speculative articles based on anonymous sources and laced with innuendo is a disgrace.

Many of these stories were followed a day later with articles carrying denials. But the drip-drip-drip damage of the negative splash headlines was surely more influential.

I believe so....anything for sales.

Divers restart search for Madeleine in Arade dam

http://portugalresident.com/portugalresident/showstory.asp?ID=25357

In response to a report printed in the British press, saying that Gerry and Kate McCann were not happy with this private operation, Marcos Aragão Correia told The Resident that “a contact was made with Metodo 3 to clarify that information and we can say it is false”.

He also said that “the family is not sponsoring the diving because they believe Madeleine is alive, but we are receiving support from Metodo 3, which means they are aware of everything.

So - initial checks of the bones show that the are animal bones. The PLE sure doesn't seem to be very interested. One article said the PLE only took a couple of bones and the rest were turned over to Metodo 3. Is that wierd?

I can not imagine LE here in the states conducting a search in such a manner unless they already had a strong indication that nothing would show up.

Salem

This statement makes me skeptical of the Mcanns : "the family is not sponsoring the diving because they believe Madeleine is alive". I have always been on the fence regarding the McCanns. However, often I lean towards believing they are involved. When I read a statement like this I get a knott in the pit of my stomach because it is just not believable to me. These are intelligent people, they know the statistics. Of couse they should and will always hold out hope their daughter is aliave. However, to not be supportive of any seach effort because you believe your child maybe alive is nonsense to me. I can't imagine any other parents of missing children who's cases I have followed ever making a statement like that. The family members I have followed were anxious to follow up on any and all leeds no matter how horrible the potential outcome. Can you imagine Beth Twitty responding like this to any search efforts made on Natalee's behalf??

mjak

This statement makes me skeptical of the Mcanns : "the family is not sponsoring the diving because they believe Madeleine is alive". I have always been on the fence regarding the McCanns. However, often I lean towards believing they are involved. When I read a statement like this I get a knott in the pit of my stomach because it is just not believable to me. These are intelligent people, they know the statistics. Of couse they should and will always hold out hope their daughter is aliave. However, to not be supportive of any seach effort because you believe your child maybe alive is nonsense to me. I can't imagine any other parents of missing children who's cases I have followed ever making a statement like that. The family members I have followed were anxious to follow up on any and all leeds no matter how horrible the potential outcome. Can you imagine Beth Twitty responding like this to any search efforts made on Natalee's behalf??

mjak

OH...my, my....oh h e l l yes....now, that's what I'm talkin' about.
:woohoo:

OH...my, my....oh h e l l yes....now, that's what I'm talkin' about.
:woohoo:

It is statements like this that make me so insane. I want to believe in their innocence. Yet, when I think of the idiotic childchecking timeline and so many other things that never sat right with me and then read a statement like this what am I suppose to think?? I either have to think the mcanns are morons and just excuse this because of their own ineptness or believe they are not innocent people.

mjak
hanging on to the fence by a thread

It is statements like this that make me so insane. I want to believe in their innocence. Yet, when I think of the idiotic childchecking timeline and so many other things that never sat right with me and then read a statement like this what am I suppose to think?? I either have to think the mcanns are morons and just excuse this because of their own ineptness or believe they are not innocent people.

mjak
hanging on to the fence by a thread

I completely understand how you feel mjak!

I have tried sooooo hard to give them the benefit of the doubt and excuse some of things I have seen reported as "ignorance" or "misinterpretation" or some other some-such but I keep coming back to things just like you outlined above. I am left shaking my head and wondering..."is it me? am I crazy?" And it is not just one thing, it is many, many, many things. The cumulative effect is very damning, IMO. I have never doubted my gut instinct so much until this case.

I would encourage you to stay on the fence mjak, I really think that is were we should be. I am not saying that I am there or that others are on the other side, it is just so difficult to say, one way or the other, what the truth is. The lies and manipulations by the media have completely erased any trust I had in them. It all starts with them and I place all suspicions I have right in their laps. They brought me to this place.

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and beyond that it is pure speculation.

I do believe however that the truth will come out....someday.
:blowkiss:

I completely understand how you feel mjak!

I have tried sooooo hard to give them the benefit of the doubt and excuse some of things I have seen reported as "ignorance" or "misinterpretation" or some other some-such but I keep coming back to things just like you outlined above. I am left shaking my head and wondering..."is it me? am I crazy?" And it is not just one thing, it is many, many, many things. The cumulative effect is very damning, IMO. I have never doubted my gut instinct so much until this case.

I would encourage you to stay on the fence mjak, I really think that is were we should be. I am not saying that I am there or that others are on the other side, it is just so difficult to say, one way or the other, what the truth is. The lies and manipulations by the media have completely erased any trust I had in them. It all starts with them and I place all suspicions I have right in their laps. They brought me to this place.

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and beyond that it is pure speculation.

I do believe however that the truth will come out....someday.
:blowkiss:

I am in chat discussing Maddie if you want to join us.

mjak

Even Metodo are now confirming the bones in the bag taken from the lake were from a small animal, not a child:
http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_15596.shtml

A new Maddie sighting in Australia turned out to be false:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23389038-2,00.html

SYDNEY police were sent into a flutter today when a member of the public called in thinking they'd spotted missing British girl Madeleine McCann in the CBD.

Rail staff appeared to shadow a middle-aged man wearing a black beret and a little, blonde girl until police arrived at Town Hall train station to question the pair.

The Daily Telegraph spotted three police officers talking to the man and the girl at the Luneburger German Bakery underneath the Queen Victoria Building in the heart of the city.

But police say the report turned out to be a false alarm.

I am in chat discussing Maddie if you want to join us.

mjak

Sorry I missed you mjak, didn't get in there until an hour after you posted. I did chat with a few others and I am always amazed how little Americans know about the "details" of this case.

I guess we don't sleuth this case as aggressively because we know that even if we did come to an agreement, it wouldn't matter squat to those who hold the reins.

Ahhhhh, well.

mjak
I understand, it also goes against Kates previous statements that she would rather know her daughter was dead than remain in limbo for the rest of her life. I personally found that statement cold at the time, but now it would seem to make sense. For Maddies sake rather than Kates, though.

Thanks for the picture, colomom! I wonder why that person drew attention? Was it just the way he was dressed or something he said to the child? She actually seems a little small to be Madeleine, but it's hard to tell.

Thanks for the picture, colomom! I wonder why that person drew attention? Was it just the way he was dressed or something he said to the child? She actually seems a little small to be Madeleine, but it's hard to tell.

Isn't it ridiculous TF? Can you actually believe that people would think that she would look just like she did when she vanished? If someone would take her out in public, at least her hair would be dyed or cut or she would be dressed as a boy...

I agree, that little girl looks really small but I really have not seen any recent pictures of Madeleine with adults present. The only one is that playground picture with GM, but she is bending over. She does seem to be taller than the girl in the Australian picture, and heavier.

My friends over on the Proboards forum have joked that this guy was suspicious because of his black beret...too "swarthy" :rolleyes:

St.png

Almost a year now, and no closer to finding Maddie.

Very sad.

The sightings are ridiculous. I agree, she certainly would not look the same now, a year older.

Why haven't the McCanns had a time-progression picture done of her yet? Did they run out of money?

Almost a year now, and no closer to finding Maddie.

Very sad.

The sightings are ridiculous. I agree, she certainly would not look the same now, a year older.

Why haven't the McCanns had a time-progression picture done of her yet? Did they run out of money?

We've asked that question more than once (the time progression or changed appearance photos) haven't we?

The one year date will be a sad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members