800 dogs, 82 parrots taken from AZ trailer

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
This is horrible but at least the pets weren't in terrible distress. Hoarding is a mental illness and I hope these people will never be allowed to own animals again.

No charges yet
http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=39454

The Humane Society said the owners were breeders. But authorities believe the couple started hoarding the animals, feeling no one was able to take care of them. (much more at link)

VIDEO HERE:
http://www.kpho.com/news/15579448/detail.html

There were only 400 kids in my high school. I can't imagine 800 dogs in a trailer home. :eek: :furious:

OMG how did they feed them or clean up the poop. That would have been at least 1600 piles of poop a day. I hope they can find homes and shelters to take them.

It seems like it would be impossible to have that many animals in a trailer!!! Poor things!!! :(

Who's running that Humane Society? Were they bringing animals to the folks at the trailer, too? I wonder if the Humane Society there isn't partly to blame. Animals without paws from fighting doesn't result from proper breeding procedures. That was a bad call by the HS and sounds self defensive. I'm with the authorities on this one.

I've seen the Humane Society here take advantage of nice caring people who volunteer to take in animals while they await placement and load them down. Very little effort was made by the HS to find those dogs homes, further burdening the volunteers. We recently had a shake up of our local HS resulting in a large building being funded to house the animals brought in. Unfortunately they will only take dogs to a certain age(Puppies) with older dogs going to the pound and certain death.

800? Wow, hopefully someone will make sure these folks aren't allowed to get pets again. They also need counseling for their OCD.

I don't want to read the article, animal hoarders make no sense to me. My dad does this, he has 8 dogs at home and 2 at work. he has quit picking them up thank God. After me denying his last 3 dogs homes he quit. I just can't take in stray dogs, I can't care for them. he and his sister both are really bad about it. I am not even sure how many cats she has anymore.

No charges yet
http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=39454

The Humane Society said the owners were breeders. But authorities believe the couple started hoarding the animals, feeling no one was able to take care of them. (much more at link)

VIDEO HERE:
http://www.kpho.com/news/15579448/detail.html

There were only 400 kids in my high school. I can't imagine 800 dogs in a trailer home. :eek: :furious:
I can't either. Must be some kind of sickness with the owners.:( Poor animals. :(

I still can't get past the 800 dogs. I'll have to try to let that sink into my brain before I can read the rest of the article...

I hope these people are getting some mental health counseling. Hoarding is a mental health issue and should be treated. I also hope the animals are now getting the proper care and that they can be adopted out to loving homes.

OMG how did they feed them or clean up the poop. That would have been at least 1600 piles of poop a day. I hope they can find homes and shelters to take them.

From Nancy Grace:

According to the Arizona PD, there was piles of poop and the smell in the trailer was horrendous.

I hope they find homes for them, some of the puppies were adorable!

That is unreal!!!! OMG, they are so cute though. I want a chihuahua so bad, but I don't have the money to buy one and there are rarely any small breeds at our local shelter. I wonder if they will let someone from out of state get one?

That is unreal!!!! OMG, they are so cute though. I want a chihuahua so bad, but I don't have the money to buy one and there are rarely any small breeds at our local shelter. I wonder if they will let someone from out of state get one?
They are really cute. They were showing puppies on our local news this morning. I'm not sure, but I'll bet if you look at their website they will have a list of qualifications. They did say on the news that you have to bring your drivers license & that the adoption process for these puppies is the same as any other time.

A. R.

P.s.-The fees to adopt pure breds is $135 and non pure breds is between $85-95.

Wow, that is a big adoption fee. The local shelter here doesn't charge to adopt the animals. You have to sign a paper stating that you will have them fixed and vaccinated. You also have to have a fenced in yard, but that is it.

Our local shelter charges 70 bucks. At least thats what it was a few years ago.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back