1000 users online (125 members and 875 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

AL - Christina Lynn Carter, 3, Hueytown, 17 Sept 1973

Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: May 29, 1970
    Height and Weight: 3'2, 30 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. At the time of her disappearance, Carter wore a toddler's size 3 and walked pigeon-toed. Her nickname is Christy.

Details of Disappearance

Christina was last seen in Hueytown, Alabama on September 17, 1973. At the time of her disappearance, she lived alone with her mother, Janet Gail Carter. Janet was originally from Winston-Salem, North Carolina. She was employed with an insurance company in Birmingham, Alabama in September 1973. She disappeared at the same time as her daughter. Janet and Christina's father had divorced two months before, and Christina's father was seeking custody of the child. It was believed that Janet went into hiding with Christina as a result.

On October 7, Janet's nude, bound body was found inside a duffel bag alongside Clingman's Dome Road in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. She had been killed by suffocation the same day she was found. Her remains were not identified for a month. It was after the identification that authorities realized Christina was missing. An extensive search of the park turned up no indication of Christina's whereabouts.

Because of the circumstances, authorities suggested Janet gave Christina to someone else to care for prior to her murder and Christina might still be alive. This theory has never been confirmed, however. Janet's murder has never been solved and there has been no sign of Christina since 1973.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...christina.html

Here is a picture of Christina's mother, Janet Gail Calhoun Carter, compared to Sharon Marshall. DNA testing is in process for comparison. Janet is on the left, Sharon on the right. Does anyone else see similarities or is it just my imagination? There is discussion on this in the Sharon Marshall thread.

"walked pigeon-toed."

Well, any way of knowing if Sharon did?

Even if Sharon wasn't pigeon-toed, that doesn't mean a whole lot. A lot of little kids grow out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by raindrops300 View Post
    Here is a picture of Christina's mother, Janet Gail Calhoun Carter, compared to Sharon Marshall. DNA testing is in process for comparison. Janet is on the left, Sharon on the right. Does anyone else see similarities or is it just my imagination? There is discussion on this in the Sharon Marshall thread.

I think the two pics at the top are eerily similar, I'm waiting on pins and needles for the results of this one. I so hope it solves both cases, or would it be three cases, Janet's muder, Christina's disappearance, and who Sharon really was?

How long do you think it will take for results?

Quote Originally Posted by kandoo76 View Post
    How long do you think it will take for results?
    Typically with cases like these they do not consider them high priority and it takes quite a while, sometimes months. Sad

Who are they DNA testing Sharon's DNA to since they don't have Christina Carter?

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodBound View Post
    Who are they DNA testing Sharon's DNA to since they don't have Christina Carter?
    Christina's cousin said they were going to test the dad and grandmother, but I don't know if this has happened yet. That was on the Sharon Marshall thread.

I wonder why Janet went into hiding. In 1973 the chances of a dad getting custody of his kid was almost nonexistant, and if that was a small girl even less.

I'd say we have quite a few similarities here, maybe the most out of all the girls we have compared so far. Still hoping and praying for answers.

copying over here from my post on Sharon's thread for raindrops300.

i saw to the simalarites in the first picture i think it was. of a younger Sharon. so how long is it going to take to get the results?

I think of all the comparisons we've had on the boards, this is the one that looks closest to Sharon. Maybe the results will bring welcomed news.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast