Steve-O From Jackass Hospitalized On Suicide Watch

White Rain

Reaction score
This shouldn't come as a surprise, but….
Star magazine is reporting that Steve-O has been hospitalized and is being held on a suicide watch.
The Jackass star is being held at L.A.'s Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after threatening to take his own life.
That's not funny stuff!
According to an insider, Steve-O was taken to the emergency room on Sunday afternoon. After drug tests, he was checked into the Thalians Mental Health Center — known for doing crisis intervention — where he was put on a 72-hour hold. That has since been extended to 14 days, Star has learned.
How very Britney of him!
"Steve is stabilized on meds at this point," the source says. "He was also treated for burns on his skin as if he had been putting cigarettes out on his own body."
The reality TV star is said to suffer from bipolar disorder. Definitely Brit Brit-ish! more: http://perezhilton.com/2008-03-13-suicide-watch

There is also something on TMZ about this but it doesn't give much detail.

He is a very troubled young man... hopefully he sticks with getting the help he needs.

Does he have a history of drug and/or alcohol abuse? Anyone know?

He was recently arrested on a felony coke charge.

Well apparently he does coke too:

This is no prank -- "Jackass" star Steve-O has been hospitalized at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and has also been charged by the L.A. County District Attorney with felony possession of cocaine.
Regarding the hospitalization, we're told O was admitted to the Thalians Mental Health Center last Sunday -- the same place Owen Wilson was at.
The drug charge stems from his arrest on March 3 for allegedly vandalizing his neighbor's property, whereupon cops found him in possession of coke.
http://www.tmz.com/2008/03/13/steve-o-hospitalized/

Does he have a history of drug and/or alcohol abuse? Anyone know?

I LOVE Steve-O! But I'd be surprised if he did NOT have a history of drug abuse.

Of course, it is being reported that Steve-O suffers from bipolar disorder. I believe self-medication is pretty common among bipolar people. (Not that it's exactly UNcommon among the rest of us, if truth be told.)

I LOVE Steve-O! But I'd be surprised if he did NOT have a history of drug abuse.

Of course, it is being reported that Steve-O suffers from bipolar disorder. I believe self-medication is pretty common among bipolar people. (Not that it's exactly UNcommon among the rest of us, if truth be told.)

One time he stapled his testicles to his leg. Another time, he had raw chicken stuffed in a pair of adult diapers he was wearing while dangling off a rope with hungry alligators beneath him.

Yep. He's on drugs.

One time he stapled his testicles to his leg. Another time, he had raw chicken stuffed in a pair of adult diapers he was wearing while dangling off a rope with hungry alligators beneath him.

Yep. He's on drugs.

lol I saw him snort a live worm. Man was he sucking hard to get that thing up.
And I didn't see this stunt but heard he gave himself "tobassco" eyedrops. YOUCH!

Bi-Polar is such a tragic disability. My husband suggests medication that a person can implant in the body for long term release, like the birth control thing that used to be out.

(His mom and uncle suffered from it, so we are familiar with it. That said, Steve-O is both funny and repulsive at the same time, LOL)

Yep. He's on drugs.
Yep I think that about sums it up.
I've watched Jacka*s twice because I came upon it while channel surfing.
I hate that show. It is stoopid beyond stoopid. IMO
I don't know of the times I've heard on the news that some child got hurt because of the JackA stunts.

Maybe Steve O needs to lay off the drugs and get a different job. I hope he gets the medical help he needs.

Did anyone see the video of him on perez this morning?? Lordy be.

Bi-polar is a terrible disorder. My sister suffers from it as well.

I feel very bad for him...

Steve-O and Britney Spears now have something in common: a 5150 72-hour hold at a Los Angeles hospital. But according to his blog, Stevie boy knows exactly what his problem is.

Steve-O just honest to blogged this morning, hoping to explain his recent problems. Under the headline of "You should all know I am in the looney bin" it reads, "They call it "code 5150," that means "psycho,"legally, f*ckin bat-, certifiably. I'm outta my mind, believe-you-me. How'd I get this way? How can this be? It's gotten so bad there's nothing left of me."

Steve-o (whose real name is Stephen Glover) also claims his Jackass buddies are the reason he's now getting help, "Johnny Knoxville, Jeff Tremaine, Big Regg, Swizz, Rick Kosick, Dimitry Elyaschevich, Cordell Mansfield, and Trip Taylor came to my home and, physcially [sic], forced me into the hospital."
http://www.tmz.com/2008/03/14/steve-o-is-outta-his-freakin-mind/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back