1253 users online (246 members and 1007 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Dallas, WhtMale UP2192, 30-50, tattoos, Feb'08 *Troy Kozkowski*

The Dallas Police Department released a sketch Thursday of a male with the hope that someone might be able to help identify a body that was found on the side of the road.

The body was discovered on February 29 on the shoulder of a road near a field in the 8200 block of May Forge Drive in southwest Dallas.

more at link

kaelee
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 01-25-2014 at 02:33 PM.

6'8" That is way tall. I wonder if that should have been 68". If he indeed was 6'8" then that should narrow the search if he was ever reported missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugie View Post
    6'8" That is way tall. I wonder if that should have been 68". If he indeed was 6'8" then that should narrow the search if he was ever reported missing.
    I think a 6'8" dude at 186 would have appeared skeletal-the build is right if he is 68" and 186, IMO.

The links are dead but apparently it is spelled Mayforge Drive.

http://www.i45dallas.com/interstate_...blog/0308.html
    > Oak Cliff police need help identifying dead man found near i-45 ... March 13/08
    Dallas police are seeking the public's help in identifying a man found dead last month near Interstate 45 in southeast Oak Cliff. The man had no visible trauma to his body when he was found Feb. 29 along a shoulder in the 8200 block of Mayforge Drive, police said. He is described as white, between 30 and 40 years old, 5 feet 8 inches tall and about 185 pounds.

His Namus information:
    https://identifyus.org/cases/2192

Estimated age Adult
    Minimum age 30 years
    Maximum age 50 years
    Race White
    Ethnicity
    Sex Male
    Weight (pounds) 136, Measured
    Height (inches) 68, Measured

Deceased was found on the side of the road in a wooded area.
    Address 1 3500 Mayforge Drive

The numbers differ from what's given above but close enough I'm sure.

3500 Mayforge Drive, Dallas, TX, United States to 8200 Mayforge Dr, Dallas, TX 75216 - Google Maps
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 01-31-2015 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Fixed bad link

The heights are off, but this is OBVIOUSLY a match.

Troy Kozkowski
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/10638/18

WARNING - POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK:
    https://identifyus.org/cases/2192

The tattoo descriptions match up perfectly, although they got left and right mixed up on the leg on which he has the American Flag tattoo.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-06-2012 at 09:10 PM.

I called up the Dallas County Med Ex office. The guy who answered the phone didn't have the slightest clue what I was talking about. After spending 5 minutes explaining what NamUs was, and "no-I do not know the guy", and trying to explain the difference between a missing person and an unidentified person, and why this was an obvious match, he told me to call the Arlington PD.

Seriously, why do they let these guys answer the phone if they don't have the slightest clue of such basic stuff?

I sent an e-mail to Todd Matthews and Steven Kurtz (the UID's NamUs Case Manager).
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-19-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Good catch Carl! I wonder why NamUs didn't pick up this very obvious match.

"No, I don't know the guy". Did he think you were talking about a person named NamUs? I know the deceased and missing are not funny, so forgive me, but your post reminded me of a gal who asked, "who's Arson?" back in HS. Who's NamUs? lol...

I'm sure this is a match. I hope you get a reply soon.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Good catch Carl! I wonder why NamUs didn't pick up this very obvious match.
    Probably given the height difference, it didn't come up on the NamUs generated list.

I'd say you got it Carl. the Chinese character is the same. the other tats are basically consistent, the face looks the same and they both have hazel eyes. he was found dead just 9 days after last contact with family.

only negatives are the UID had a hernia scar on his groin (not mentioned with Troy) and both the height and weight are off considerably. we are talking 3" and 54 lbs.

assuming the UID is Troy we really have to 1. rethink some of the search parameters for the less obvious cases and 2. work hard to convince someone to look at it where the height and weight are off by so much.

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    I'd say you got it Carl. the Chinese character is the same. the other tats are basically consistent, the face looks the same and they both have hazel eyes. he was found dead just 9 days after last contact with family.

only negatives are the UID had a hernia scar on his groin (not mentioned with Troy) and both the height and weight are off considerably. we are talking 3" and 54 lbs.

assuming the UID is Troy we really have to 1. rethink some of the search parameters for the less obvious cases and 2. work hard to convince someone to look at it where the height and weight are off by so much.

I usutally leave out the height parameters on the screen, and then consider the height difference after the list has been generated and I've looked at other factors.

if the UID is stated with a specific height, I usually go + or - 2 inches. so Troy would have missed my search criteria.

interestingly, the Troy has a tatt described as a "red Cuda car with flames coming out back and a person screaming out the driver's window" on his right thigh while the UID has "Skeleton driving red car R thigh". I mean they have to be the same but to even try to match them is not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    The heights are off, but this is OBVIOUSLY a match.

Troy Kozkowski

<modsnip>

The tattoo descriptions match up perfectly, although they got left and right mixed up on the leg on which he has the American Flag tattoo.
    If there was any doubt before, here is the tattoo and necklace Comparison:

UID _______________________________________Troy Kozkowski

Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-06-2012 at 09:42 PM.

this one should be easy to resolve. Troy has dentals and fingerprints on file somewhere and they got both for the UID.

WoW! This is DEFINITELY a match. Great job, Carl!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast