IN - Man Accused Of Forcing Daughter, 7, To Kill Pet Cat

White Rain

Reaction score
These poor kids! How horrible for them, especially the girl. Bless the little boys heart for trying to say the cat.
What an evil, sick dad they have.

MUNCIE, Ind. — A man was jailed Thursday on charges he forced his 7-year-old daughter to kill the family cat by holding a knife in her hand and making her stab the pet.
Danield J. Collins, 39, told his children during a visit to his home on Sunday that he wanted them to "learn how to kill" and gave his 11-year-old son a knife to do it, according to an affidavit filed in the case.
The boy tried to save the cat by hiding it under a sofa bed and putting ketchup on a knife when Collins went to the bathroom. But when the father realized the cat was not dead, he forced his daughter to hold the knife and then held her hand tightly as he drove the knife into the animal, Muncie police Detective Jami Brown said.
Police said Collins stabbed and strangled the cat himself, and told his son to throw the dead pet in the trash. Officers retrieved the carcass to be used as evidence.
The children told family members on Monday, the day after the alleged killing, according to the affidavit. The children told police their father was drunk when they arrived at his home and that he's a different person when he's drunk, it said. The siblings live with their grandparents.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337756,00.html

Sorry for being so blunt,
but I hope this posman dies a slow painful death.

These children will need extensive counseling.
Poor little kids. :(

Sorry for being so blunt,
but I hope this posman dies.

These children will need extensive counseling.
Poor little kids. :(

Yeah, can you even imagine being forced at that age to do something so horrible? Or ANY age for that matter!

I would have accidentally on purpose slipped and stabbed the father.

How can any person make a young child commit such an horrific act, I know my opening sentence is wrong, but I was so mad when reading this thread that it was the first thing that came into my head. In reality I would never harm anyone, but this guy will probably get away with a light sentence or a slap on the wrist. Totally gobsmacked.:eek: :bang:

Where is the mother???????????????????????????
Why did the grandparents leave the children with him if he was that drunk.
I wonder who is going to be the sicko to fork up the bail to get this creep out.
Furthermore, were I a defense attorney I'd risk losing my job before taking this case.

I would personally like to get my hands on that man and...........in lieu of being band from WS I will say no more!!!!

Nuttin right about that. Maybe he wasn't drunk when the grands dropped the kids off. Maybe they held on to hope the dude would get his *it together. Maybe they were just plumb worn out. Maybe the mom is deceased, on the street or just out there. They got a dangerous man locked up now. Poor, poor little girl.

Poor kids. I hope that this will be enough to keep them away from that . I hope that the kids get some therapy after this. I know if I was forced to do that, I would need some.

I would be completely traumatized by something like that. Just the thought of sticking a knife into a human or animal makes me cringe. I hope the children are able to overcome this and will never have to see their "father" again.

What is wrong with these mofos??

He'll get his, I'm sure...I just hope I get to hear about it.

What reasoning would someone have to do something so sinister and evil?

I'd like to take a knife to this monster and see how he likes it. :furious: :furious:

Those poor children. This is going to leave them completely traumatized. :(

Good Lord!
There are so many evil ****s out there!:mad: :furious:
These kids will forever remember this and they are changed forever too because of it!

This is so so sick on so many levels.:furious:
God bless these children.
Some poor children really don't ever have a chance, do they?

Another one where I can't even read the article because the title alone makes me so ill. The poor kids!!!! What is wrong with people????

That's just awful!

I'm glad the police are involved at this point. It seems to me like anyone who thinks it's important to teach their kids "how to kill" wouldn't blink about killing a person, either. Hopefully LE and the family have heard the warning loud and clear!

I know several men in their 50s who were made to drown kittens by their fathers/uncles, etc...not too long ago, this was considered a good way to deal with domestic animals you didn't need or want - in some places it still is.

But I think we've come a long way in terms of our respect for animal life. I'm sure this young girl will need real help getting over what she was forced to do. With a Dad like that, I'm sure she'll need help for plenty of things beyond this one incident.

I know several men in their 50s who were made to drown kittens by their fathers/uncles, etc...not too long ago, this was considered a good way to deal with domestic animals you didn't need or want - in some places it still is.

Me too. I think in days gone by in more rural areas, anyway, it was (unfortunately) probably the more humane route. Better that than letting them starve to death and be riddled with disease? It still breaks my heart to think about :(

Oh man...I'm steamed! That poor kitty and those poor children! I can just imagine the scene at that house and it makes me feel so bad for these kids. The little boy trying to save it just tore at my soul.

If the man is so different when he's drunk...why were those kids there?!
This time it was the kitty. What about next time when he has a need for killing?
Scary. I hope these kids are protected.
I hope the can heal.

My daughter saw our neighbor shoot a bunny in the yard (we live way out in the country) It scarred her for life. She cried and cried and said "why did he have to kill that bunny?! It wasn't doing anything wrong! Why?!" My heart ached for her. It was at that point that she decided she would never eat meat again...and she hasn't.

Why would anyone teach a child to kill? I just don't get it!
My husband hunts. That's his thing, I don't agree but he is who he is and I love him anyway....however when he decided it was time for my son to hunt, I put the brakes on that like right now. I told him he can take him with him into the woods and teach him about nature and how to respect it all he wants...he can even teach him to shoot the gun and target practice but he will not teach my child how to stalk and kill. I told him that the end of my son's innocense will not be at his hands. Very bad karma.

My son has only once witnessed death and it was when my husband shot a squirrel. He didn't show any signs of upset to my husband but when he got home to me, he told me about it in a very calm way and said "mommy , I could see it's little heart and I don't need to see his little heart." It about killed me! And though my son has been to deer camp with dad and he likes being one of the big guys, he has often come home to me and told me that he feels sorry for the animals and that he doesn't want to kill them but didn't want to tell daddy because he likes to be there....he's only 7yo and has a beautiful soul and my love for all of nature....so I told him..."no worries, child, daddy will understand" Thank the heavens that I have a good husband who does understand and can appreciate my son's gentle bend towards animals. Now when they go to deer camp, the couple of days that my husband has set aside for my son to go too, he just sits in the deer stand with my son and watches, he doesn't kill anything in front of him. I hope for the day that he tires of hunting too but I won't hold my breath!

Sorry to ramble...it's just that being the animal lover that I am...I don't understand how anyone could hurt one or teach their child to kill. This story makes me mad as h*ll!
It's just not right!...imo

I think this is one of the worst forms of abuse. My mother and her siblings were abused horribly by there step father. She said when they were kids they had a pet chiauah (SP?), they love him so and he would get excited and pee on himself when people came. Her step dad made them put him outside when it was freezing because he peed and he wouldn't let them give him any shelter, not even a blanket. He died curled up at the back door. Though all the physical abuse she suffered this is one of the things that sticks with her to this day. I cry for her now thinking about her as a child having to endure that.

I think this is one of the worst forms of abuse. My mother and her siblings were abused horribly by there step father. She said when they were kids they had a pet chiauah (SP?), they love him so and he would get excited and pee on himself when people came. Her step dad made them put him outside when it was freezing because he peed and he wouldn't let them give him any shelter, not even a blanket. He died curled up at the back door. Though all the physical abuse she suffered this is one of the things that sticks with her to this day. I cry for her now thinking about her as a child having to endure that.

That a really sad story :(

Ember, a good friend of ours likes to hunt and we are not into it AT ALL. Now, hubber and I are both meat-eaters, so our friend figures we have no argument. We don't argue with him anyway, but he likes to lead us both into saying we are *kinda* against hunting. I have no problem with hunting, if you eat everything you kill, but he deer hunts and for the life of me, I hate it!!! I know I am very contradictory, but he/we do not eat deer and it's just such a magnificent creature! I know I am a two-face - have at me.

That a really sad story :(

Ember, a good friend of ours likes to hunt and we are not into it AT ALL. Now, hubber and I are both meat-eaters, so our friend figures we have no argument. We don't argue with him anyway, but he likes to lead us both into saying we are *kinda* against hunting. I have no problem with hunting, if you eat everything you kill, but he deer hunts and for the life of me, I hate it!!! I know I am very contradictory, but he/we do not eat deer and it's just such a magnificent creature! I know I am a two-face - have at me.

It's okay I see your two faced point, LOL, my dad is a farmer so obviously we are meat eaters but he does not really like hunting. He does occasionally let friends hunt on the land but he doen't like to hear of any animal suffering. He wants it to be quick if it is going to be. I do see the point of deer hunting, there are so many here in Illinois. I have hit three in the last 5 years. So I am killing them too, guess that makes me a hypocrite.

I am Illinois too..where are you? I am in Chitown - howdy neighbor!!

I had no idea there were too many deer! Can't we just round them up and take them to a pretty glade?? lol.....j/k, but you know....do we have to shoot 'em?
Do you also eat them? because if you did, you could just knock my carnivore *advertiser censored* of my soapbox quick-like :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back