Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Shoot, I had a big reply typed up and I lost it. I know that Martha Dunn went missing September 5, 1990 and Princess Blue was found September 10, 1990. Princess Blue was only "skeletal remains" when found and IMO, Martha would not have been only skeletal remains being she only went missing 5 days prior to the date Princess Blue was located.

If you have any other ideas on what we may be able to try in order to get Princess Blue identified, that would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by OC Lady View Post
    Thank you R Knowley! I am very new at this so am interested in how to investigate...I also thought Martha Dunn may match...do you have any info on her?
    Princess Blue
    Located September 10, 1990 in Manvel, Texas

Could Princess Blue be identified soon Princess Blue? Follow us at the link below
    Princess Blue Forum to find out.

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
    Missing from Dallas, Texas since April 8, 1989

Where is Kimberly Shawn Cheatham?

Oh - I overlooked that date - sorry - wonder if they are sure of the date???

I'll keep working on this...I used to live in Houston, so any Texas stuff is of interest to me...

I am so amazed and impressed at how you all work at this!

Thank you! Let us know what you find out. That would be great.

Thank you R Knowley...I'll follow up with Sgt Coffman...
    Princess Blue
    Located September 10, 1990 in Manvel, Texas

Could Princess Blue be identified soon Princess Blue? Follow us at the link below
    Princess Blue Forum to find out.

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
    Missing from Dallas, Texas since April 8, 1989

Where is Kimberly Shawn Cheatham?

I have asked Ms. Barber at Texas DPS if she has a list of "rule outs" that she could send us as well.

Do you think this young lady has potential? I know it states that she has been missing since 1991, and Princess was found in 1990, but we know that dates are often "off", especially when someone has a transient lifestyle, as could have been the case with Lurline. The face just looks similar to me...

Sorry I can't do a side by side...

Opinions?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1163dffl.html

The Doe Network:
    Case File 1163DFFL

Bergeron, circa 1991

Lurline M Bergeron
    Missing since July 1, 1991 from West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Florida.
    Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 9, 1976
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 150 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes.
    Marks, Scars: She has scars on both her legs; both her arms and on her abdomen.
    Other: She is know to abuse drugs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Bergeron was last seen on July 1, 1991 in West Palm Beach, FL.

Quote Originally Posted by RKnowley View Post
    Lion,
    If their DNA is already in CODIS it would have already been compared against Princess Blue's wouldn't it? So, if we do find out that any of the possibles already have their DNA is CODIS, wouldn't that rule them out already?
    Hi RK - sorry I haven't been around for so long.

Something I have learned recently when working on the BK case is that if the missing person has DNA in CODIS, but the DNA comes from the family, such as the MDNA that comes from the mother, then LE has to specifically request that the MDNA and the UID's DNA be compared. This is some kind of legal glitch. Apparently, the way I understand it, LE has to contact the family and ask them if they will agree to have the DNA compared.

I have only heard this from one LE who is trying to compare a possible match for BK. But it is something to keep in mind regarding the DNA. My understanding is that it is NOT automatic.

Salem

ETA: Maybe this is only in CA. I saw your response from TX and it seems they check automatically? Maybe if someone gets a chance they can ask TX specifically about MtDNA?
    Last edited by Salem; 03-12-2009 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Additonal comment

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

OC Lady - I think Lurline has potential. She looks very similar to Princess. The timing is off, but maybe that is why she hasn't been found yet? I wonder who saw her on July 1, 1991 and if they are really credible.

Salem

Im sorry OC Lady - for not repsonding - i thought I did - hmmm anyway would you like me to do the side by side for you ?

Do you think this young lady has potential? I know it states that she has been missing since 1991, and Princess was found in 1990, but we know that dates are often "off", especially when someone has a transient lifestyle, as could have been the case with Lurline. The face just looks similar to me...

Sorry I can't do a side by side...

Opinions?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1163dffl.html

The Doe Network:
    Case File 1163DFFL

Bergeron, circa 1991

Lurline M Bergeron
    Missing since July 1, 1991 from West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Florida.
    Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 9, 1976
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 150 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes.
    Marks, Scars: She has scars on both her legs; both her arms and on her abdomen.
    Other: She is know to abuse drugs.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Bergeron was last seen on July 1, 1991 in West Palm Beach, FL.

I'm not OC Lady, Jane - But I think that would be great. They really look alot alike!

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I'm not OC Lady, Jane - But I think that would be great. They really look alot alike!

Salem

Although the face shape is a little different, I think it looks like a very good match.
    Happy New Years

I think it looks like a strong possibility also. The face shape is different and the way the ears line up is also different, but it is a sketch, so who knows if they actually measured the placement of the ears? The mouth, eyes and eyebrows, forehead all look good and the general appearance is very similar.

I think it is worth calling to see if the last sighting of Lurline has been verified and is credible.

Salem

Hi Everyone -

I have been distracted of late - work and other stuff - but will follow up on this next week...I'll try to find out if the sighting of Lurline in 1991 is credible and see if it's worth pursuing...I've corresponded with Teresa Becker in TX and she is very responsive re: DNA matches, etc.

I'm also wondering if there is any DNA or dentals for Lurline, as I don't believe they are mentioned anywhere...I'll have to double check the Doe listing...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to OC Lady For This Useful Post:

And thanks for doing the side by side Jane

Seriously I don't think it looks like Princess Blue.

The face shape is totally off Lurlines is Oval and PB's is round
    Noses are different and the eye shape different

Sorry but I dont think they are a match

Sorry Jane - your side by side is GREATLY appreciated - especially by me, technologically challenged as I am...

See, I told you I was very distracted - I usually have better manners ;-)

I agree that there are some differences, but with Princess's sketch being totally done from a skeleton and human error being what it is, still worth checking, I think.

We shall see...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast