1215 users online (233 members and 982 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Camryn Wilson, 2 mos, shaken to death, Cuyahoga Falls, 12 March 2008

http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/...Y&pageId=3.1.1

Camryn Jakeb Wilson came into this world, and made front page news, for being the area's first baby of the new year. Now, he's fighting for his life.

He and his family were featured on the front page of the local section of the Akron Beacon Journal. Camryn was the area's first baby of 2008, born at 12:33 a.m. New Year's Day.

(and here we go)
    Police say the boy's father, 28-year-old Craig Wilson, had been taking are of his son at their home on Wilson St. in Cuyahoga Falls. When the Camryn's mother came home, she noticed something was wrong. Doctors noticed something was wrong too and called the police.
    (more plus pic at link)

Video here "Infant fights for life" (might change after a day or two at this link):
    http://www.woio.com/

Last I heard he's free on bond.

The baby has detached retinas and also injuries to the ribs and they let the b@stard out on bond? What is wrong with this picture!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by deanws View Post
    The baby has detached retinas and also injuries to the ribs and they let the b@stard out on bond? What is wrong with this picture!?!?
    are you surprised? courts rarely treat crimes against children like they should. often we see men who rape their 3 year old daughter do less time than a man who rapes a grown woman. personally i think we should give both life in general population but how can the crime against a child not be treated worse?

reminds me of the baby kaleb case here. The woman who assaulted him is out and it happened 6 months ago. They haven't even gone to court yet.

Kaleb still can not even lift his head...

piece of s**t needs to be shaken the the same way,
    Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by deanws View Post
    I was surprised he was out also, but then again I shouldn't be! Geez, you'd think I'd learn by now (add sarcasm) It happens time and time again and each time I'm shocked & appalled! When is this going to stop!

Death of a New Year's Baby

This story was incredibly moving-it details the devastation wrought by the murder of a newborn at the hands of his father.....

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/15/...aby/index.html
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

oh my gosh, this story is so sad and devastating.
    That poor little baby

Unhappy

He also could have won a contest for the cutest little newborn from the looks of the photo provided in the article. I'm quite sure that the "father" will always have a different image in his brain forever now since he was allowed one last visit at the funeral home.....

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    So sad. I'm glad the mother isn't standing by her husband either. This guy is a murderer.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Heartbreaking. Love how the story says "...not only did Crystal and Craig lose a son, but Crystal lost a husband, and Craig's parents lost a son and a grandson."

Forgive me, but I think the only loss here is Camryn. And who all thinks this was the perfect and happy family up until this? Please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is so sad, it is always heartbreaking to read these stories. Adults KNOW better... WTF ever happened to stepping back for 10 min and calming down before approaching the child?

I hope the POS father gets his!

Bless that poor baby, mom and his family.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

This is heartbreaking.

This is one crime I'll never understand. Who shakes a baby because they cry?

Prayers for this little guy.

fran

Father gets 15 to life for fatal shaking of New Year's baby

Craig Wilson's guilty plea in Akron, Ohio, to murder and child endangering charges ended a yearlong saga surrounding the death of Camryn Jakeb Wilson, the first baby born in Summit County, Ohio, in 2008.

Judge Lynne Callahan sentenced Wilson to 15 years to life. He is unlikely to be paroled in less than 20 years, Sinn said.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/03/13/...ef=mpstoryview
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

Craig R. Wilson

Guilty Plea
    Sentence Date: 03/13/2009

Offense: Murder
    Sentence: 15 years - Life

1st Parole Hearing: 01/2024