OH - Camryn Wilson, 2 mos, shaken to death, Cuyahoga Falls, 12 March 2008

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox...n=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

Camryn Jakeb Wilson came into this world, and made front page news, for being the area's first baby of the new year. Now, he's fighting for his life.

He and his family were featured on the front page of the local section of the Akron Beacon Journal. Camryn was the area's first baby of 2008, born at 12:33 a.m. New Year's Day.

(and here we go)
Police say the boy's father, 28-year-old Craig Wilson, had been taking are of his son at their home on Wilson St. in Cuyahoga Falls. When the Camryn's mother came home, she noticed something was wrong. Doctors noticed something was wrong too and called the police.
(more plus pic at link)

Video here "Infant fights for life" (might change after a day or two at this link):
http://www.woio.com/

:behindbar

Last I heard he's free on bond. :mad:

The baby has detached retinas and also injuries to the ribs and they let the b@stard out on bond? What is wrong with this picture!?!?:furious:

The baby has detached retinas and also injuries to the ribs and they let the b@stard out on bond? What is wrong with this picture!?!?:furious:
are you surprised? courts rarely treat crimes against children like they should. often we see men who rape their 3 year old daughter do less time than a man who rapes a grown woman. personally i think we should give both life in general population but how can the crime against a child not be treated worse?

reminds me of the baby kaleb case here. The woman who assaulted him is out and it happened 6 months ago. They haven't even gone to court yet.

Kaleb still can not even lift his head...

piece of s**t needs to be shaken the the same way,

I was surprised he was out also, but then again I shouldn't be! Geez, you'd think I'd learn by now (add sarcasm) It happens time and time again and each time I'm shocked & appalled! :furious::furious: When is this going to stop!

oh my gosh, this story is so sad and devastating.
That poor little baby :(

He also could have won a contest for the cutest little newborn from the looks of the photo provided in the article. I'm quite sure that the "father" will always have a different image in his brain forever now since he was allowed one last visit at the funeral home.....

So sad. I'm glad the mother isn't standing by her husband either. This guy is a murderer.

Heartbreaking. Love how the story says "...not only did Crystal and Craig lose a son, but Crystal lost a husband, and Craig's parents lost a son and a grandson."

Forgive me, but I think the only loss here is Camryn. And who all thinks this was the perfect and happy family up until this? Please. :mad:

This is so sad, it is always heartbreaking to read these stories. Adults KNOW better... WTF ever happened to stepping back for 10 min and calming down before approaching the child?

I hope the father gets his!

Bless that poor baby, mom and his family.

This is heartbreaking. :(

This is one crime I'll never understand. Who shakes a baby because they cry?

Prayers for this little guy.

fran

Craig Wilson's guilty plea in Akron, Ohio, to murder and child endangering charges ended a yearlong saga surrounding the death of Camryn Jakeb Wilson, the first baby born in Summit County, Ohio, in 2008.

Judge Lynne Callahan sentenced Wilson to 15 years to life. He is unlikely to be paroled in less than 20 years, Sinn said.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/03/13/shaken.baby.plea/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Craig R. Wilson

Guilty Plea
Sentence Date: 03/13/2009

Offense: Murder
Sentence: 15 years - Life

1st Parole Hearing: 01/2024

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics