1479 users online (273 members and 1206 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Is anyone aware of this webpage? http://www.lee75.org/ There are instructions on how to register as a guest.

Quote Originally Posted by theresad33 View Post
    Is anyone aware of this webpage? http://www.lee75.org/ There are instructions on how to register as a guest.
    I think it is absolutely worth it for someone to join and get the word out about Princess Blue!! It may help crack the case!!

I hope this girl gets her name back. It is so sad. When I was a teen, I found a class ring in a National Park and I wore it for years. It was from the 1960s and I loved it.
    She may have no connection to the ring other than to be wearing it.
    MOO

Other Possibilities

Since looking at Princess Blue stats, I've been on a roll looking for a possibility. I know from what I seen that there were a lot of women ruled out. I'm thinking because she had that ring on, perhaps it was from her mother or father. The class of 1975 has a website that lists their alumni of that year.

OTHER POSSIBILITIES
    • Michelle Richardson, 16 years old, Missing from Anderson County, TX, on May 1, 1989. She is a white female. There was 2 alumni students that attended Lee High School with the last name Richardson.
    • Stacie Madison (17 yrs old) and/or Susan Smalley (18yrs old), Both missing from Dallas County, TX and missing on March 20, 1988. These two teens were last seen together in Stacie Madison's car. The car has since been found but no bodies.
    • Cheryl Vasquez, 19 years old, Missing from El Paso County, TX on June 28, 1987. Her circumstances are from some reason not known or not publicized.
    • Tamera McCurry, 22-24 years old, Missing from Galveston, TX on July 1, 1982.
    • Constance Streif, 22 years old, Missing from Bell County, TX on October 1, 1982.
    • Veronica Brewer, 23 years old, Missing from Fort Bend County, TX on July 1, 1986.
    • Margaret Chauncy, 24 years old, Missing from Texarkana, TXon October 20, 1987.
    • Sharon McCully, 25 years old, Missing from Travis County, TX on December 11, 1984.
    • Melissa Albaniz (hispanic), 12 years old, Missing from El Paso, TX on March 7, 1987.
    • Deanna Merryfield, 13 years old, Missing from Killeen, TX on July 22, 1990.
    • Blanca Roberson (hispanic), 13 years old, Missing from Arkansas Pass, TX on August 6, 1989.

Please give me feedback. Unless otherwise described, with the exception of two of these women, the remainder of them were white.

Good afternoon everyone!! This case caught my eye as I have lived in Houston my entire life and I love to do things for my fellow citizens in the city. Anyway, I'm not sure if this has been posted yet or not but I figured I will post it just in case. There is a website for the Robert E. Lee High School class of 75 reunion which might help narrow down the possibilities of the relative of UID. Also, when I was in high school (10 years ago), we got our rings the first semester of our junior year in high school with our class year on it. I stopped wearing mine when I went to college, but I still wear my mom's college class ring to this day. It's possible it is her mom's class ring and she had nothing to do with the upsizing. When we were in school and a boy gave us his ring, we would just tape the inside of it to make it fit the finger we wanted. It's possible UID could have done the same and the tape just disintegrated before she was found. Hope this helps. I'll post more as soon as I find something. http://www.lee75.org/class_index.cfm
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It biases the judgment." -Sherlock Holmes

I found this on the internet, however, it's already sold...https://www.pinterest.com/pin/38491771786210290/

Sorry if this has been explained before but how come this ring is different color ? Is it a male/female ring or completely the wrong school ?

Tia
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another thought on the ring size. I graduated from high school in 1974 small town in Texas. It was popular for girls in our area to have their senior ring sized to wear on the pinkie finger. Could account for someone up-sizing it. Maybe it was initially worn on the owners pinkie finger.

Was just browsing on Texas Department of Public Safety's website missing/unidentified persons and came across this case. Been researching it the past hour or so. I know there are several threads in relation to this case so pardon me if someone has already suggested this, but could it a be a possibility that the 'L' initial is a first name? I was looking at the lee75.org site under "In Memory" and came across a Lydia Ellis; unfortunately no other information on her, but perhaps she was the deceased's mother?

I've also come across this site, if it helps any. http://houstonleealumni.org/lee/Welcome.html
    Last edited by ralynn; 07-19-2016 at 02:41 PM.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I found the exact same unicorn ring on Pinterest. It appears to be a vintage ring from the 1960's.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/13581236347573383/

I'm trying to find more information about the manufacturer, hopefully that might help determine distribution areas and help narrow down the search.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BigCityAccountant; 10-08-2016 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsG728 View Post
    true- I am 5'2" and although I weigh a lot more than 108, I am nowhere near a size 9 ring (closer to the estimated 175, lol) I wear a 6.5 on my ring finger.

However- I do wear a 8.5 or 9 on my pointer finger. IF This person went through the trouble of getting a ring sized up, it means she was very close to the owner of the ring. I still say "mother". I agree with you- this ring was sized up. You'd need to start with an 11 or so to get it sized down to a 9.5
    Maybe this was a guy's ring before? I've mentioned that in those days the rings were almost all the same. I have to go think about this now.

Yes, the size of someone's fingers does NOT correlate predictably with weight, height, or overall size.

I am 5'3" ~150 pounds US dress size 8-10, and my fingers (excluding pinky and thumb) on both hands are size 7 and 7 1/2. And I have worn the same size ring since I was about 9 or 10.

Some big tall robust people have tiny little delicate hands and fingers.

Some tiny little people have big hands and fingers.

It's all relative.

(Do we know what digit UID was wearing this ring on? Might've been her thumb! Might've even been worn on a necklace originally: I know it's been a custom in the past for young women who were given a boyfriend's big ol' class ring to wear it around their necks on a string, lest it fall off a finger.)

EDIT:
    Also, rings can be sized up OR down. I do not know if a jeweler would be able to tell after it was changed more than once.

Last edited by macrauchenia; 12-16-2016 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrocker99 View Post
    I think it is absolutely worth it for someone to join and get the word out about Princess Blue!! It may help crack the case!!
    I will sign up tomorrow and see if anyone can tell me about the ring.

Hi this is my first post but I happened to look on eBay and I think the 1975 yearbook is for sale for that class

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1975-Robert-E-...%257Ciid%253A1

Can someone tell me what clothing, if anything she was wearing? I have been searching thru so many things my head is spinning...

I am aware it was skeletal remains... On occasion they do find enough scraps to decipher what they were wearing. I just thought since I see so much jewelry listed it was worth asking...

Quote Originally Posted by Newsleuth1 View Post
    Hi this is my first post but I happened to look on eBay and I think the 1975 yearbook is for sale for that class

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1975-Robert-E-...%257Ciid%253A1

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7