833 users online (124 members and 709 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Princess Blue: On Missing & Unidentified Websites

http://doenetwork.org/cases/137uftx.html

<FONT face=Arial>The Doe Network:
    Case File 137UFTX

Reconstructions of Victim
    Unidentified White / Mixed Female
    <FONT color=black size=2>
    • The victim was discovered on September 10, 1990 in Brazoria County, Texas.
    • Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics
    <FONT color=black size=2>
    • Estimated age: 17 - 21 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 4'11" - 5'3"; with a slight to medium build.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Two fractured ribs; and a "defect" on a bone beneath her left knee. The victim possibly had a tumor on her knee.
    • Other: Originally thought to be Hispanic, the new analysis indicates the young woman was White, with the probability of some Black traits. According to the forensic analysis, it is likely one parent or one grandparent was Black.
    • Dentals: Dental information available. There were several teeth with untreated carries, and two amalgam fillings. Noteworthy though, is that tooth #10, an upper left, lateral incisor, which is right next to her two front most teeth was surgically removed prior to death and the corresponding alveolar space was partially obliterated by mature bone.
    • DNA: IN CODIS
    • Jewelry: One pearl, beaded bracelet
      Six rings,
      One gold band ring with six clear stones
      One silver band with a scroll design,
      Two thin silver bands
      One silver-colored ring with a turquoise horse or unicorn,
      One 1975, size 9 1/2, Robert E. Lee, Houston, TX High School ring. This ring has a blue stone with a silver colored, inexpensive metal band. It is unknown whether or not there were ever engravings on the inner side of the ring's band. The ring was upsized twice, which would have removed evidence of previous engravings. However, it does have an inlaid, "L" which many students chose as an option that year that stands for the school mascot, Robert E. Lee himself.
    • Nickname: “Princess Blue”

Victim's Rings
    Case History
    The victim was located on a pile of debris at the end of a Brazoria County road (101) just east of Highway 288 inside the Manvel city limits on September 10, 1990.
    The skeleton was found by a man who had pulled off the highway to relieve himself. He stepped behind a barricade and saw a skull in an old tire.
    No purse, wallet, clothing or hair were located around the skeleton, six rings were on the fingers, and a bracelet around her wrist.
    The company that made Robert E. Lee High School's (now Lee High School) rings doesn't have records from 1975. The Lee class of 1975 had about 300 girls. Authorities would like to hear from any of the girls who lost a ring or gave it to somebody else.
    Toxicology tests yielded no trace of opiates in her bone marrow. However, it is unknown whether or not other drugs were present, tested for or could have been tested for.

Investigators
    <FONT color=black size=2>If you have any information about this case please contact:
    Manvel Police Department
    Detective Sergeant Jay Coffman
    281-489-1212
    Email
    or
    Brazoria County Sheriff's Office
    Investigator Richard Rosser
    281-756-2218
    Email
    or
    Harris County Medical Examiner
    713-796-9292
    Or
    Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
    800-346-3243

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
    Agency Case Number:
    TXDPS U0310014

NCIC Number:
    U-940003426
    <FONT color=black>
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
    Source Information:
    Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
    Chron Com
    My Fox Houston 6/7/07
    TXDPS

This site has some updates as compared with what was on this site about a year or so ago; however, it is missing a number of details including specifics about build and dentals. There is more detailed information in post 1, above.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/Un...sp?id=U0310014

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Unidentified Person's Details

Date Picture Updated: 4/9/2007

Case Number: U0310014Agency: Harris Co. Medical Examiner's OfficeDate Found: 9/10/1990Estimated Date of Death: UnknownCause of Death: UnknownRace: WhiteSex: FemaleAge: 16 - 22 Height: 4' 10" - 5' 2 " Weight: Unknown Eye Color: UnknownHair Color: UnknownState Found: TexasCountry Found: USAClothing: Jewelry: a gold band with 6 clear stones, 2 thin silver bands, a silver band with a scroll design, a 1975 Robert E. Lee High School ring , a silver ring with a turquoise unicorn and a pearl-beaded bracelet.Miscellaneous: Dental information available. Drawings depict artist's conception of what this person would look like with short hair and with long hair.

Additional Pictures

Date Picture Updated: 4/17/2007

Date Picture Updated: 4/17/2007

Date Picture Updated: 7/9/2007

I have not been to this site in awhile, but did we ever find any yearbooks for Robert E. Lee High School? Has there been any communication with any of the class presidents? Princess Blue was found in Sept. 1990 right? Class presidents generally round everyone up for class reunions. I wonder if there is any one female that consistently does not come to the reunion and for which the reunion committee can never find contact information?

I believe this girl went to that high school at some point. She may be from a class as far back as 1985 and she may be from the 1993 class. All the known information about her is "best guess" except her DNA and her jewelry.

Is there more than one Robert E. Lee high school? I'm sure there is, I'll go google.

Salem

www.someoneknowsme.com

Princess Blue was the inspiration for our site.

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I have not been to this site in awhile, but did we ever find any yearbooks for Robert E. Lee High School? Has there been any communication with any of the class presidents? Princess Blue was found in Sept. 1990 right? Class presidents generally round everyone up for class reunions. I wonder if there is any one female that consistently does not come to the reunion and for which the reunion committee can never find contact information?

I believe this girl went to that high school at some point. She may be from a class as far back as 1985 and she may be from the 1993 class. All the known information about her is "best guess" except her DNA and her jewelry.

Is there more than one Robert E. Lee high school? I'm sure there is, I'll go google.

Salem
    Salem, we got the 1975 yearbook and have copies of it on a google document site. Originally, people were going to take different blocks to research and find all they could on every person in the 1975 grad case. But, sadly people got busy doing other things. There is actually quite a bit of info that some of us have uncovered and RKnowley was primarily responsible for that. She rocks!

RKnowley and I and perhaps a few others try to keep her threads alive, and she is never far from our hearts. I enjoyed working with you and the other wonderful group when we first started out over a year ago. We made a darn good team!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    www.someoneknowsme.com

Princess Blue was the inspiration for our site.
    Jaded, I will never forget when you first started skm and how our beloved Princess Blue inspired you to do it. I have such good memories of us all working so diligently together. Those were some of my most memorable times on websleuths, and I would so love to continue our search here. We even have a forum here thanks to our dear Christine!

With my recent back surgery and the craziness that is my life right now, I feel bad that I haven't devoted the time to the site, nor to the hunt.

I really think that I need to get some co-admins who would like to take over for me for awhile over at skm. Any volunteers? Seriously, I feel like I am just doing a horrible job with all the drama in my life right now.

I also have skm pens. I ordered 500 of them. They're actually really nice. I leave them at businesses to raise awareness of the site.

With my recent back surgery and the craziness that is my life right now, I feel bad that I haven't devoted the time to the site, nor to the hunt.

I really think that I need to get some co-admins who would like to take over for me for awhile over at skm. Any volunteers? Seriously, I feel like I am just doing a horrible job with all the drama in my life right now.

I also have skm pens. I ordered 500 of them. They're actually really nice. I leave them at businesses to raise awareness of the site.
    Awe, Jaded I wish I could help you. I have a bit on my plate as well or I would consider, friend.

Cool that you have skm pens! When you can why not post a pic of one for us to see?

what all do you need an admin to do, and how much time does it take? I might be available, but won't knw for a week or so. Doc is talking hospitalization again, but I am fighting it , so I have to wait to see who wins before I can commit. If you can give me an overview, I can let you know whether or not I feel capable right now.

Quote Originally Posted by barb0301 View Post
    what all do you need an admin to do, and how much time does it take? I might be available, but won't knw for a week or so. Doc is talking hospitalization again, but I am fighting it , so I have to wait to see who wins before I can commit. If you can give me an overview, I can let you know whether or not I feel capable right now.
    Barb, I can't help you with your questions about skm, but I wanted to wish you well concerning your health.

RKnowley and I would love it if you could help us find out which of the missing young girls'/ladies' DNA are in CODIS per a post from a while ago if you are still willing or able to help us with that. I understand you need to take care of yourself, and that may be priority one. I really wanted to tell you that I am sorry that I didn't get back with you sooner, and that whenever you are ready we would gratefully accept your help.

Barb - I second Lion's well wishes and hope all went well with the doctor and continues to go well for your health.

Lion - how did you narrow it down to one school? Was there only one Robert E. Lee high school in 1975? When I google I got at least a hundred hits. Overwhelming.

I would be happy to help go through the year book. I'm thinking maybe this young woman got the ring from her mother or her aunt? I'm sure that is what everyone else is thinking also. Let me know how to go about pulling names from the yearbook.

Jaded - I'm sorry I can't help with your site. I remember when you started it also. I wish you well with your back and any other health issues. Like you and Lion, I have plenty of drama in my life also. How does that happen? I'm such a quiet person......

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by barb0301 View Post
    Nothing more than making sure no spammers get through and maybe taking responsibility for a state or two to make sure that missing/UID are on the forum.

LR, I'll post the pics of the pens.

I hate that I can't spend as much time as I want working on PB. I think my kids will all be gone next week and I hope to pick up where I left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Barb - I second Lion's well wishes and hope all went well with the doctor and continues to go well for your health.

Lion - how did you narrow it down to one school? Was there only one Robert E. Lee high school in 1975? When I google I got at least a hundred hits. Overwhelming.

I would be happy to help go through the year book. I'm thinking maybe this young woman got the ring from her mother or her aunt? I'm sure that is what everyone else is thinking also. Let me know how to go about pulling names from the yearbook.

Jaded - I'm sorry I can't help with your site. I remember when you started it also. I wish you well with your back and any other health issues. Like you and Lion, I have plenty of drama in my life also. How does that happen? I'm such a quiet person......

Salem
    Hi Salem. About a year ago or so we were able to obtain a copy of a pic of the actual ring from the side view. It clearly says "Robert E. Lee High School" and "Houston" on the ring. There are many REL high schools throughout the nation, including one also in San Antonio. But, there was only one REL high school in Houston. So we are sure it is the correct high school. REL changed its name to Lee High School since 1975.

Please PM RKnowley about how to get a hold of the google docs of the 1975 grads. I don't know how to do that. I have the tech ability of a three year old at best--lol. Much work has been done, but we need help. Thank you so much for offering to take a look.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast