913 users online (123 members and 790 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by capps View Post
    You know,I just read a website on Manson's life.He sure had a crummy life,right from the day he was born.I'm not making excuses for what he did,but it sure shows how important parenting is,and how children need love,respect, an nurturing.Manson did not get any of that,and look what he's turn into. Makes one wonder if he had a little bit of love in his childhood,if things would have been different. It's sad really.
    Charles Manson was sent to live with an aunt and uncle in W. Va. when he was a teen who did care for him - but by then I think it might have been too little too late. The aunt and uncle attended the same church as my mother's family. My mother has a photo of herself with Charles. It was used on national TV news cast when all the stuff hit the fan. Reporters researching his past went to my grandmother's home and asked about him. She had a photo and they asked to use it. She agreed - but they used the infamous "black bar" across my mom's eyes. My mom really liked Charles and they were friends during that brief time. She said he was a very polite, very nice young man and she was allowed to "hang" with him. He went to church and did all the youth church things during that time and this is how she came to know him. I remember as a teen when all this stuff came to light and the news media was all a frenzy that my mom was very scared. To think that someone she knew could turn out to do the things he did. She kind of still is - it makes her very nervous when things come up about him on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by hipmamajen View Post
    I hope they do dig, I can't imagine that there AREN'T more bodies to find. I agree with whomever posted that they should re-search Spahn Ranch, too.

Catherine Share (Gypsy) has been out a while. She was recently interviewed on "Most Evil."
    Both Catherine and Barbara Hoyt have given interviews within the last few years. Both said they believe there to be more bodies other than the Hinman/Tates/LaBiancas/Shea. I believe this to be true as well. Manson once boosted he's killed "many" people. I'm sure both Spahn and Barker Ranch both have bodies.

Maybe they need to talk to Mr. TEX WATSON... Think he'd sing after all these years?
    /

"Would some power the Giftee gie us To see ourselves as others see us" R.Burns

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Both Catherine and Barbara Holt have given interviews within the last few years. Both said they believe there to be more bodies other than the Hinman/Tates/LaBiancas/Shea. I believe this to be true as well. Manson once boosted he's killed "many" people. I'm sure both Spahn and Barker Ranch both have bodies.
    The interview I saw where he said he hated liars and that was the one thing he couldn't abide by was someone lying to him - and that when someone at the farm was caught in a lie he would "take them out behind the barn." What do you suppose that might have meant?

Quote Originally Posted by less0305 View Post
    The interview I saw where he said he hated liars and that was the one thing he couldn't abide by was someone lying to him - and that when someone at the farm was caught in a lie he would "take them out behind the barn." What do you suppose that might have meant?
    As I said, I think he killed many. And, from all I've read on this "family", I don't believe it was Tex's ideas to kill - I think that came from Charlie. He wanted to be in control and there was no way he'd take someone else's idea on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    As I said, I think he killed many. And, from all I've read on this "family", I don't believe it was Tex's ideas to kill - I think that came from Charlie. He wanted to be in control and there was no way he'd take someone else's idea on anything.
    I don't think it was Tex either. I think this was all Charlie and his sadistic imagination.

From Gabby - Maybe they need to talk to Mr. TEX WATSON... Think he'd sing after all these years?
    Especially since he's found God and all.

I remember reading something somewhere in the past few years that Susan Atkins is now saying she didn't help kill Sharon Tate. She said it was all Tex. I don't believe that for a second.

Here's another Manson question.

In this book, the author says there is the possibility that Sharon and Jay's bodies were moved from the location where they were killed. I believe he said that Manson family members went to Cielo Drive hours after the murders and moved the bodies to the porch (they apparently wanted to hang them up). Then they changed their minds and moved them back. The author says there is blood evidence to support this.

What do you think? Although these people were/are nutjobs, this seems a little far fetched to me. Has anyone ever heard that or read it? I've seen the pictures of the bodies and they look like that's exactly where they were killed.

http://www.amazon.com/Sharon-Tate-Ma...5782365&sr=8-3

Also, this book is being sold for $149. I have it and didn't pay more than $10 bucks for it. Crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by capps View Post
    You know,I just read a website on Manson's life.He sure had a crummy life,right from the day he was born.I'm not making excuses for what he did,but it sure shows how important parenting is,and how children need love,respect, an nurturing.Manson did not get any of that,and look what he's turn into. Makes one wonder if he had a little bit of love in his childhood,if things would have been different. It's sad really.
    It really is.

My sister is reading a book right now about psychopaths/sociopaths. I forget the name of it, but its author contends (and backs up with case studies) that while sociopaths are often born - vilolent sociopaths are, to an extent, created.

IE - If you're born with a sociopathic personality disorder but are raised in a family where you are shown love and affection, you will still probably develop into the kind of person who commits crimes, but they will be "white collar" type crimes. Likewise, if you are born with such a disorder and raised around violence and neglect, you will develop into an adult who commits more violent crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMom2003 View Post

In this book, the author says there is the possibility that Sharon and Jay's bodies were moved from the location where they were killed. I believe he said that Manson family members went to Cielo Drive hours after the murders and moved the bodies to the porch (they apparently wanted to hang them up). Then they changed their minds and moved them back. The author says there is blood evidence to support this.

What do you think? Although these people were/are nutjobs, this seems a little far fetched to me. Has anyone ever heard that or read it? I've seen the pictures of the bodies and they look like that's exactly where they were killed.

Also, this book is being sold for $149. I have it and didn't pay more than $10 bucks for it. Crazy!
    It's been rumored that Charlie and one of the girls (I can't remember which one) went back after the murders to see what was done, but I don't believe it. There was never any evidence of this having happened - only speculation.

I've never heard Sharon or Jay had been moved. Sharon's blood was found on the porch due to Susan writing "pig" in Sharon's blood on the door leading out to the porch. Sharon and Jay were both found with rope around their necks, but weren't hung. There were exposed beams in the family room area of the home where they were killed. The rope was thrown over the beam and they were both tied with it - probably to keep them secured while the killers took control of the place. After Steven Parent was killed outside as he left from visiting the caretaker, Jay was the next to die.

This case has always fascinated me. I read everything I could on it years ago and wrote some papers for a criminal psych course I took. I've always wondered how Charlie was able to almost brainwash these kids he said "society threw away."

I don't think they were moved either. IIRC, the author says that Sharon's blood type was found in the bushes at the front porch. I know it was Sharon's blood that was used by Atkins to write Pig at the front door. It wouldn't be that big of a stretch to see how Sharon's blood could have ended up in the bushes from one of the killers having it all over them.

I was just curious if anyone else had heard or read that before.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMom2003 View Post

I think this is the same book I read! I fully believe that Charlie and one or two of the family went back to the house. He admitted that he did in a book that he helped write. That is how the eyeglasses that LE investigated for so long got into the house. It was called "Manson, In His Own Words" or something like that.

For the record, I never said that I personally thought that Charlie was any less responsible for the murders. But, I do think he had an issue with Tex trying to usurp his "headship" in the family. They were definitely in competition. And all the nonsense about Tex being pure as the driven snow before he met Charlie is BS. He was heavy into drugs when he worked for Braniff Airlines in Texas. I just think Tex needs to be looked at for more murders also. Not just Charles Manson.

Yeah judging from the crime scene photos it would appear the position of the bodies,at least to my untrained eye is pretty consistent with the location and the manner in which they were killed as described by their murderers...but Ive heard the stories of them being moved then put back where they were found when they discovered it was impractical to hang them from the porch too...who knows.

Experts Plan More Tests on Charles Manson's Ranch

~snip~

A team from Tennessee's Oak Ridge National Laboratory will analyze soil for chemical markers that match those released during decomposition of human bodies.

Officials say they will decide whether to dig after these test results are revealed around April 25.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,342989,00.html

Investigation at Death Valley ranch where Charles Manson hid

INDEPENDENCE, Calif. (AP) -- National Park Service officials say the Death Valley ranch where Charles Manson was arrested will be closed for a second time this year to search for possible human remains.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast