Hilton - 1995 murder movie

I have put in a request to my library for it. No way will I buy it.

Hilton's movie plot has already been done before by serial killer Robert Hansen in Alaska. Hansen was the one that would fly the women to some remote hunting location via his private plane then hunt them.
Very freaky..

Good catch, MeoW333. Robert Hansen was active from 1980 to 1983 so GMH may have known about him and his murders when he coached Raul to make this the plot of his 1995 movie.

I wonder if Hilton knew of him too.. for him to be helping make a movie plot about a serial killer.. maybe he did his own research. What i really want to know is how many decades he's been at this. Maybe it started out as an fascination/obsession that grew to the point where he was killing on his own. Then would be to figure when did that start. That way we can get an idea if there are any unsolved cases that can be tied to him.

Most here think he is a traditional serial killer and this has been going on for decades.

I have a differing view - I believe the stealing behavior has been going on during the winter months since he got into trouble for using the collecting funds for Veteran scam about 1995. The soliciting appears to be how he supported himself during the winter months when his normal work - self-employed home improvement laborer - was slow. Sometime during the period, he found a new line of work - telephone solicitation work - which would not have slowed down during the winter months. The time frame for this work is unclear from reports. Later, he did home improvement work again for the man who ultimately gave police his identity, John Tabor. He was fired by Tabor and thrown out of the home Tabor had provided in September, 2007 - one month before the Bryants were murdered in October, 2007. I believe Hilton was an active killer only when he did not have another way to support himself. I would expect that there are other victims between when the Bryants were murdered and Meredith Emerson was murdered that haven't come to light yet - probably in the southeastern US.

I finally watched the movie "Deadly Run". The filming was very low quality and most of the actors were pretty bad. It seemed like a B movie but not worthy of a following. The main character Bobby Wilson played by Danny Fendley was ruthless and unbelievably lucky. Married, 2 kids, rich. He slugs, tasers, and abducts a drunk blond with his plane to a remote area with a hunting lodge type house. He shoots her hand with a crossbow and hunts her most of the night. She loses him and finds the above house, but he's in it with lots of guns. She runs out and falls in a pit. He shoots her. Next victims are 2 drunk strippers, they take the plane to same area, and are in the house when Bobby hears shots. There are 3 hunters who he chases off his land with a pistol in his jeans waistband and no shirt. Back to the house, the strippers fight him somewhat, one runs out and Bobby shoots her in the back, makes the other help him dig a hole to bury the shot one alive. The 3 hunters see this and he chases them after the one stripper hits him on the head with the shovel. They've lost their guns and can't start one guy's truck, piling into the other's car. Bobby starts the truck and eventually hits them and their car explodes. Meanwhile the stripper starts his plane and crashes it. The girlfriend and the father of the first girl and a cop figure out who Bobby is. Bobby blows up the police helicopter that comes to his property with a rocket launcher. He shoots the bereaved father after a confrontation in a parking garage. The girlfriend comes to date and kill him. He tasers her and they end up via his jeep at the property. He chases her with a target painted on her shirt to a ranger's truck and he shoots the ranger. She shoots Booby( I can't recall where that gun came from) and runs to a rock ledge. Bobby appears, she shoots him enough to kill him.
Bobby was sadistic, gutsy, well built, lucky. Everyone else was very stupid and unable to recognize either danger or escape opportunities.
There was a lot of tension in the movie and the dialog was amateurish.
I haven't compared GMH's every known move to the events in this movie yet, I was just glad when the awful thing ended.

Kudos to you for watching it, in the name of investigation! I guess we could certainly not expect anything well done or high class associated with the likes of Hilton or Rael.

Hiker, if you read the transcript( the interview by LE, when he was leading them to Meredith's body), do you still think that Hilton is a recent killer, especially given his expertise as to what type of knife is best for removing the heads of his victims?

Rael on CNN said GMH wrote some of the lines for the movie and picked the cast. Conmen always think they're superior to everyone else. There's some interesting comments about Rael at the Tallhassee Democrat forum on Cheryl Dunlap.

Panglossian, you deserve an award for sitting thru Deadly Run!

Hiker, if you read the transcript( the interview by LE, when he was leading them to Meredith's body), do you still think that Hilton is a recent killer, especially given his expertise as to what type of knife is best for removing the heads of his victims?
Recent killer - no. Been at this for decades - also no. I honestly believe this guy has been doing this for about 5 to 8 years - and then only when he didn't have a job or wife / girlfriend to take care of him. The transcript convinced me even more that he is a sociopath who saw people's lives as an acceptable trade-off for his getting $300 from their ATMs - not a serial killer who killed solely for the thrill. In order to get a huge thrill, he would have to recognize the worth of a human life - and I have real doubts GMH is capable of doing that - unless the life is his own.

True, but he is still a serial killer it just doesn't fit all the known profiles.

Thanks for the accolades! LOL
Thinking about it- it's main emphasis was about power.
Despite the guy picking up drunk women, there wasn't any sex.
He watched the strippers at the club to pick who he would hunt. I wonder how many times Rael and Hilton had to go to the clubs to research for that scene.

He only stalked/hunted the first girl and the last girl, her friend. The other 9+ killings were necessary or sadistic, opportunistic, but not planned.

He and GMH both had incredible luck by eluding close calls but the guy would kill everyone who got close. We don't know if GMH did this. The Dawson remark leads me to now consider this a possibility.

The ranger scene was brief and quickly ended with the shooting of the ranger. I definitely had the impression GMH insisted on that scene. It was odd and there was no ranger presence in any other.
The guy kept leaving the viewer with the sense of no hope with the killing of any potential rescuer. GMH lied to Meredith and gave her hope of freedom. That wasn't ever used in this movie.

All the different weapons used follow: pistol in jeans, crossbow. rocket launcher, shotgun, tazer, truck as a ram, the house full of weapons and knives that were mostly shown to the victim. Lots of handcuffs. No baton.

We also don't know if GMH acted out closer to the time this movie was made in 1995 instead of beginning this behavior recently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back