1177 users online (222 members and 955 guests)  

Websleuths News

This is about 5 miles from where I live

/

"Would some power the Giftee gie us To see ourselves as others see us" R.Burns

I hate cockfighting! I think it's cruel and it breaks my heart. I know some people think I am nuts for thinking that way but I can't help it.. My neighbors are huge cockfighters and they will lose hundreds of bucks every weekend at the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    I hate cockfighting! I think it's cruel and it breaks my heart. I know some people think I am nuts for thinking that way but I can't help it.. My neighbors are huge cockfighters and they will lose hundreds of bucks every weekend at the fights.

Sadie, I totally agree.. Cruel... I didn't realise they still did this.. I can't stand any type of animal cruelty... dog fights etc. Ranks right up there with child abuse in my way of thinking.
    /

Yes, sadly, cockfights are thriving everywhere. It isn't just the Hispanics in my area, either, although they comprise the largest segment of fans.
    I want to raise about 8 chickens for organic eggs for my husband and myself. I brought home a video from the library about chickens and 15 minutes of it dealt with raising cocks for fighting. It showed this guy who moved into a semi rural community and suddenly had hundreds of roosters that he was breeding for fights. The neighbors were subjected to all the crowing, day and night, and ended up suing to get the roosters out. This makes me wonder how high up this is on the list of priorities for LE.

The suspects, most of whom don't speak English, were processed at the scene. Deputies expected to find weapons and other contraband.
    It will take an long time to process that many people who can't speak English. I hate cock fighting....it's as bad as dog fighting.

I had no idea it's still legal in louisiana

Every Sunday In Hawaii...

After church..in many many towns here on the Big Island...

~snip
    At 2:20 p.m., officers from the department's Vice Section, Criminal Intelligence Unit, Kona Patrol Section, Area II Ice Task Force and federal agents from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the Drug Enforcement Administration executed a search warrant at a 9.6-acre property on Napoopoo Road in Honaunau.

That's where they found more than 100 people attending an illegal cockfight.
    ~snip

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/...ws/local05.txt

/