Student Stops Out-Of-Control School Bus, Gets Detention

White Rain

Reaction score
SEASIDE, Calif. — A 15-year-old girl who stopped an out-of-control school bus she was riding on was handed a Saturday detention instead because she was skipping school.
Marina High School student Amanda Rouse was on a bus with 40 elementary school students Wednesday morning when the driver fell out of her seat after a turn and hit her head.
Rouse jumped up and applied the brakes, bringing the bus to a halt after striking two parked cars. No one was injured.
She said had asked the bus driver for a ride because she felt sick at school. more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,338270,00.html

Huh. That doesn't seem right somehow.

it could be worse. at least she wasn't carrying skittles at the time.

I would think the driver should be cited for careless driving. The teen felt sick at school, doesn't sound like she was purposely skipping. Think of the lives she possibly saved by being on that bus.

How totally stupid and inappropriate. Instead of thanking God that someone was on the bus who could actually drive, they're punishing the girl. I'll bet she's the school hero to at least her friends and elementary kids now, and I hope she continues to skip if she's sick.

it could be worse. at least she wasn't carrying skittles at the time.

LOL...OMG, that is so funny.

Just when you think you've heard it all (the earlier Skittle's thread), something like this comes along. It wasn't too long ago when someone did something like this they would have been awarded the key to the city, and other awards! What in the &ell is wrong with people?

I agree with her grandma.

No good deed goes unpunished!

And that's what's sad... instead of teaching our children that they do good when something like this happens... we teach them instead that it's better to mind your own business and let a school bus full of children get injured or worse... because your reward will be suspension... Sad... so very, very sad.

She is in trouble with school because she made the wrong decision," said Rouse's grandmother, Sally Correll. "But I can't help but believe that she was where God wanted her to be."
Amen grandma. ;)

My question is ....How the h-e-double hockey sticks
did the driver fall out of the seat?
If this bus driver was driving so dangerously that even
she fell out of the seats, how the heck are the kids
safe?

My question is ....How the h-e-double hockey sticks
did the driver fall out of the seat?
If this bus driver was driving so dangerously that even
she fell out of the seats, how the heck are the kids
safe?

Don't ask questions. You might get detention.

Chalk one up for the homeschool/private school argument.

I think the bus driver should be the one in trouble. Agreeing to drop off a student at any place other than their destination without an OK from a parent or school official is a big no-no. Not to mention falling out of the driver's seat while driving..... I wonder if this district has privatized bus drivers?

I think the bus driver should be the one in trouble. Agreeing to drop off a student at any place other than their destination without an OK from a parent or school official is a big no-no. Not to mention falling out of the driver's seat while driving..... I wonder if this district has privatized bus drivers?

I was wondering the same thing! And why wasn't the bus driver wearing a seat belt? I don't get how she fell out of her seat??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back