Three Servicemen Die Mysteriously In Their Sleep

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://wowktv.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=35457
13NEWS EXCLUSIVE: Military Men Mysteriously Dying
[SIZE=-2]Posted Monday, March 3, 2008 ; 09:42 AM[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Updated Wednesday, March 12, 2008 ; 05:28 PM[/SIZE]

Editors note: Family members of servicemen mentioned in the following story would like to speak with other families that may have shared similar experiences. If you would like to get in touch with them, please e-mail Sara Gavin
The last time Janette Layne saw her husband Eric was January 25th.
"He would normally stay up watching TV at night because it was hard for him to sleep and I went ahead and went to bed. The next morning when I got up, I found him on the couch, he was in the same position he was in when he went to sleep and he was already gone," Layne said.
A soldier from Kanawha City, Eric Layne left behind an 18-month old son and a baby girl on the way.
Meanwhile, Logan County resident Cheryl Endicott's son Nicholas died January 29th while being treated at a military hospital in Bethesda. He too reportedly went to bed and never woke up. (more at link plus pics and comments)

Wow, that really needs investigating. They all lived within a hour of each other, they were being treated with some of the same medicines for the same symptoms, and they were all recently in Iraq. It does sound like it's related to their medications in some way.

Having the same exact symptoms of tremors and excessive weight gain sound odd and suspicious to me. I wonder if they had these certain symptoms before going on the medication. Unless there's something wrong with a batch of medication that's sent to that area of Virginia, I'd wonder about being exposed to something in Iraq or vaccines. One person who commented in the article wondered if the soldiers had also been complaining of joint pains or other symptoms. Maybe they were just put down as PTSD.

Having the same exact symptoms of tremors and excessive weight gain sound odd and suspicious to me. I wonder if they had these certain symptoms before going on the medication. Unless there's something wrong with a batch of medication that's sent to that area of Virginia, I'd wonder about being exposed to something in Iraq or vaccines. One person who commented in the article wondered if the soldiers had also been complaining of joint pains or other symptoms. Maybe they were just put down as PTSD.

You've also got to wonder if they were at some point treated at the same military facility.

Pardon my ignorance, but if they are from the same area, would they all have trained and then have been deployed to the same areas in Iraq? Maybe they were all in the same unit? (I don't even know if "unit" is the correct term.)

ETA: My pc is giving me major scrolling problems on that page, so I'm still reading it all. Maybe the answer is there.

So these 3 were two marines and one soldier. Hmmm.

FYI: There are 2 "follow-up" segments below the main article.

I so wish i could remember a thread another poster (Lurker) and i were involved in a few weeks (ago) where we started discussing a soldier's death in his sleep in Iraq and he had adopted a couple of dogs and those dogs were eventually sent to his family back home.

the reason i wish i could find the thread was the man died in his sleep (allegedly) at christmas.

then we noted another story where another soldier had died in his sleep in Afghanistan. in his sleep. at christmas.

we mused as to whether they were suicides.

now i'm interested to see if there could be any relationship to this thread.

what on earth is happening? :confused: :confused: :confused:

anyone recall the thread i'm speaking of? it started off in the news which makes you smile forum but we asked it be transferred to another forum because it was becoming apparent although the story of the dogs' rescue did make one smile, there was something very strange going on. :(

ETA referenced poster's name.

I so wish i could remember a thread another poster and i were involved in a few weeks (ago) where we started discussing a soldier's death in his sleep in Iraq and he had adopted a couple of dogs and those dogs were eventually sent to his family back home.

the reason i wish i could find the thread was the man died in his sleep (allegedly) at christmas.

then we noted another story where another soldier had died in his sleep in Afghanistan. in his sleep. at christmas.

we mused as to whether they were suicides.

now i'm interested to see if there could be any relationship to this thread.

what on earth is happening? :confused: :confused: :confused:

anyone recall the thread i'm speaking of? it started off in the news which makes you smile forum but we asked it be transferred to another forum because it was becoming apparent although the story of the dogs' rescue did make one smile, there was something very strange going on. :(

Floh I sure do! It popped into my head and I thought this was referring to that!

Here's the link if anyone is interested!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60153&highlight=yacht+club

There were two soldiers, both died in their sleep and IIRC they were serving in Afghanistan - it happened around christmastime...

JJ, great find. I too thought these cases were part of the ones previously reported So we have at least five now? And I'm pretty sure I've been hearing of this happening for about a year now and just didn't connect it together. I don't know where to start looking for the other cases.

It might be a good idea to combine the threads, JMO.

Floh I sure do! It popped into my head and I thought this was referring to that!

Here's the link if anyone is interested!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60153&highlight=yacht+club

There were two soldiers, both died in their sleep and IIRC they were serving in Afghanistan - it happened around christmastime...

You're the bee's knees! well done and thank you.

i, too, thought this thread was about the same soldiers and now i realise it wasn't and there are more mysterious deaths in the forces.

there's seriously something afoot, IMO.

please, anyone who is interested in this thread you really MUST look at the link kindly provided by JinxieJada!

JJ, great find. I too thought these cases were part of the ones previously reported So we have at least five now? And I'm pretty sure I've been hearing of this happening for about a year now and just didn't connect it together. I don't know where to start looking for the other cases.
It might be a good idea to combine the threads, JMO.

Yes. please mods. if it can be done. with a new title? this is seriously puzzling in the extreme. i wonder if it's also happened in any coalition forces serving in Iraq or Afghanistan or both?

ETA: unfortunately the original article in the second thread is — "Article Not Available"

Just located an article on sleep apnea research. Certain brain cells that control breathing die off as we age and don't regenerate. Certain diseases such as Parkinsons make people more vulnerable to this. IIRC, most who suffer from Gulf War Syndrome suffer Parkinson like symptons. From the below link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4745341.stm

Scientists believe they may have solved the mystery of why some people stop breathing fatally in their sleep.

They say a cumulative loss of cells in the area of the brain that controls breathing is to blame - triggering a condition called central sleep apnoea.
However, they believe many such deaths in elderly people are misdiagnosed as heart failure. The study, by the University of California, Los Angeles, is published in Nature Neuroscience. (more at link)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back