Millions of Bees Loose on CA Highway 99

This happened a few miles from me... what the article doesn't tell you is how they caught most of the bees... they set up the bee boxes on the side of the road... and they flew right over to them and settled inside! They say that bees smell other bees and gravitate together.

This happened a few miles from me... what the article doesn't tell you is how they caught most of the bees... they set up the bee boxes on the side of the road... and they flew right over to them and settled inside! They say that bees smell other bees and gravitate together.

Wow! Do they automatically blend into other hives? I think ants do the opposite and immediately attack any ant that isn't from their own hill.

Wow! Do they automatically blend into other hives? I think ants do the opposite and immediately attack any ant that isn't from their own hill.

I didn't get the technical details (too busy eating corned beef and cabbage! LOL!) but that's the impression I got.

They gravitate towards the queens, not other bees. The beekeeper probably brought more queens or possibly the queens were still in the boxes. It's very simple.

Well that explains why I had two bees in my car just hours apart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back