GUILTY CA - Andrew Bailey, 2, Shingle Springs, 15 March 2008

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
Two-Year Old Boy Found Dead After Abduction

SHINGLE SPRINGS (CBS13) ― A two-year old boy was found dead in Amador County after being abducted by his father in Shingle Springs, according to the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office. Authorities had issued an Amber Alert after Andrew Bailey, 2, was reported missing early Saturday morning.

Charles A. Bailey, 50, allegedly attempted to kill his girlfriend in Shingle Springs. The El Dorado County Sheriff's Office says that Charles fled the area with Andrew, his son, in a 1995 white Honda Passport around 7:00 a.m. Saturday.

~video and pictures at link~

http://cbs13.com/local/amber.alert.boy.2.677902.html

Two-Year Old Boy Found Dead After Abduction

SHINGLE SPRINGS (CBS13) ― A two-year old boy was found dead in Amador County after being abducted by his father in Shingle Springs, according to the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office. Authorities had issued an Amber Alert after Andrew Bailey, 2, was reported missing early Saturday morning.

Charles A. Bailey, 50, allegedly attempted to kill his girlfriend in Shingle Springs. The El Dorado County Sheriff's Office says that Charles fled the area with Andrew, his son, in a 1995 white Honda Passport around 7:00 a.m. Saturday.

~video and pictures at link~

http://cbs13.com/local/amber.alert.boy.2.677902.html

Fifty-year-old Charles Bailey is suspected of going on a rampage early Saturday morning, attacking his girlfriend with an ax at her Shingle Springs home on Wild Turkey Drive, then kidnapping their son and fleeing south. El Dorado County authorities responded to a domestic violence call around 6 a.m.

Bailey was taken into custody around noon Saturday at a Sonora gas station by the Tuolumne County Sheriff's Department after deputies identified him through an Amber Alert for the child, issued by El Dorado County authorities.

The little boy's body was discovered about six hours after Bailey's arrest, following a four-county manhunt. The Martell crime scene was processed by FBI agents at the request of the El Dorado and Amador sheriffs.

http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/790884.html

How sad. Why do I read this stuff? My heart breaks for this little boy....and his Mother. I can't imagine losing my child this way.

Really, what is left to say about these AWFUL crimes against children??

This happened in my area. When I heard the Amber Alert, it sounded merely like a non-custodial parent stealing their child. I assumed that, while this should be stopped and the perp caught, I figured that the child was safe. Sadly, I was mistaken and the worst possible outcome occured.

This is why parental kidnappings should be taken as seriously as any other abduction. It shows instability at the very least.

Scary!

What is it with these guys?

This happened in my area. When I heard the Amber Alert, it sounded merely like a non-custodial parent stealing their child. I assumed that, while this should be stopped and the perp caught, I figured that the child was safe. Sadly, I was mistaken and the worst possible outcome occured.

This is an eye opener for me I always felt that if they were at least with one of the parents they would be safe and always looked more at stranger abductions
Don't know why i would think that in this world :confused:
Too sad my heart goes out to the mom

What a monster that so called 'father' is:furious: :furious:

Rest in eternal peace, little Andrew.
May you get the justice you deserrve.

From March 2008:

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20080319/NEWS01/80694159

Bailey faces charges of first-degree murder in the alleged kidnapping-death of Andrew Anthony Bailey, who would have turned 3 years old May 24. A special allegation was added to the murder charge for possible use of a deadly and dangerous weapon, "a screwdriver," in the commission of the crime...

The tragic events began last Saturday shortly after 6 a.m. when Bailey reportedly attacked Melson, his girlfriend of about six years, with an ax inside the fifth-wheel trailer he shared with her and their son Andrew, according to El Dorado County sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Jim Byers. The trailer sits behind Melson's parents' home on Wild Turkey Road in Shingle Springs. Melson reportedly escaped Bailey's violent frenzy at about 6:50 and ran down the hill to a neighbor's house even as her head and upper body were bleeding from numerous wounds...

Responding deputies soon learned that Bailey had already fled the scene, driving a white 1995 Honda Passport, but not before he apparently abducted Andrew... El Dorado County sheriff's detectives think Bailey murdered his son within 30 minutes of fleeing his Shingle Springs home before heading south into Tuolumne County, then dumped his body behind the Martell store on his way to Sonora.

And then what happened? I have no idea. Couldn't find anything about a trial, plea deal, POI suicide or anything else after March 2008, so I'm bumping it in hopes someone else will have better luck finding some kind of resolution to this terrible tragedy.

September 2015:

For most of us, it takes a moment or two to recollect the details — but that day in March 2008 is indelibly seared in Merrily Melson’s mind. That’s the day her baby died.

She won’t even say his name, the man who stabbed her child more than 50 times with a screwdriver...

It was about 3 a.m. March 15 when Melson heard Bailey slip out of their bed...

Bailey was in the bathroom gathering drain cleaner and ammonia, which he had purchased together with heavy-duty gloves and a drywall ax, which has a hammer on one end, a blade on the other, Melson would learn later.

“The receipt the cops showed me where he bought all these things — he bought them on my birthday, Feb. 22,” she said...

Charles Bailey is in state prison now, serving two life sentences with no possibility of parole after being convicted in El Dorado County Superior Court. He was arrested after a woman friend whom he called while fleeing kept him on the phone long enough for her boyfriend to use another phone to alert authorities; the call was traced to a phone booth at a gas station in Sonora, where Bailey was nailed with a taser and taken into custody.

Much more at link:
http://www.mtdemocrat.com/prospecting/local-womans-journey-through-hell-part-of-national-movie/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back