678 users online (105 members and 573 guests)  

Websleuths News

On the Third Coast

MO - Pamela Reynolds, 59, Independence, 10 March 2008

17 March 08

Independence police are still asking for the public's help in locating a northwest Independence woman who has been missing for a week.
    Pamela Reynolds, 59, is on medication for physical problems and is legally blind, police spokesman Tom Gentry said.

Gentry said the woman's neighbor notified police that she was missing. Her daughter told police she last saw her mother at the Conoco station at U.S. 24 and Northern Boulevard in Sugar Creek at 4 p.m. Monday, when her mother began walking back to her home.

Reynolds is described as 5-foot-5 and 300 pounds, with shoulder-length, strawberry blonde hair and a light complexion.

Anyone who has seen her is asked to call Independence detectives at 816-325-7330.

On the Third Coast

More details

21 March 08

The search continues for an Independence woman who disappeared on March 10.

Pamela Reynolds, 58, was last seen at about 7 p.m. Friends said Reynolds and her daughter got into an argument. The daughter asked Reynolds to get out of the car near Northern Street and U.S. Highway 24.

"She is legally blind. She could not walk very far on her own. She can't walk well at all. She has two canes she uses," said Donna Pittman, who is a friend of Reynolds.

KMBC's Donna Pitman reported that Reynolds got out the car without her canes. Friends believe she went to a Conoco station. She was last seen on tape from the station going west on U.S. Highway 24.

A vigil will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at 10138 Golf St. in Independence.

How sad is it that the daughter droped her mom off knowing that she couldn't walk with out a cane or very far even if she had it.
    I hope they find this poor lady. I would hate to have to live with that forever.

Wenonah, NJ
    Family: Body That Of Missing Blind Woman
    Daughter: Police Rule Out Foul Play In Death

POSTED: 5:47 pm CDT April 10, 2008
    UPDATED: 6:35 pm CDT April 10, 2008

Family members of a missing blind woman told KCTV5 News that her body was found Wednesday.

Pamela Reynolds, 58, disappeared last month.

She was last seen walking near U.S. Highway 24 and South Northern Boulevard after getting into an argument with a relative.

Reynolds, who was legally blind, got out of a car and started walking home but never made it.

Wednesday, a woman found a body behind a house at East 6th Street South and South Northern Boulevard, and Reynolds' daughter said it was her mother.

"I could go to her when I got upset and stuff, and I really miss her," Della Martin said.

Martin picked up her mother's purse and identification at the Independence Police Department Thursday.

"It was not foul play. She was not murdered. They've ruled that out," Martin said.

Volunteers were organizing a vigil for Friday night.

Her relatives established a memorial fund for Reynolds.

Contributions could be made at:

American Sterling Bank
    535 South Sterling Avenue
    Sugar Creek, MO 64054

I wish to convey my condolences to the family.
    (Mods: May want to move this to Located/Found)