GUILTY AZ - Gayle Patrick, 66, Pima County, 11 March 2008

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=8024260&nav=HMO6

16 March 08

The Pima County Sheriff's Department is asking for the public's helping in locating a missing woman.

Deputies say there are suspicious circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Gayle Katherine Patrick. The 66-year-old was last seen on Tuesday evening in the area of the Irvington and Old Spanish Trail.

Sgt. James Ogden, a department spokesman said authorities recovered some of her property within city limits, but he would not elaborate. Her vehicle, a 2001 Silver Chrysler Concorde with an Arizona handicap license plate reading DYD 69 is missing.

Friends of Patrick say she is a retired school teacher who moved to Tucson a couple years ago, they say she is an active member of her church Temple of The Presence Church.

Anyone with information should call 88-CRIME.

no pic at link

This article made me think that "handicapped" tags are a sign to carjackers (and the like) that someone might not be able to fight back well, especially if they are older.

:(

This article made me think that "handicapped" tags are a sign to carjackers (and the like) that someone might not be able to fight back well, especially if they are older.

:(
Never thought about that Taxi but I think you are right. Might as well put a neon sign up!!

Just saw on the local news that Ms. Patrick's body has been identified. :(
May she rest in peace!

The body found in the car of a missing Tucson woman has been identified as that of Gayle Katherine Patrick, 66.
An autopsy Wednesday concluded that Patrick was shot to death, said Sgt. James Ogden, a Pima County Sheriff's Department spokesman.
Details on when or where Patrick was killed and what the motive may have been were not released Wednesday because of the ongoing investigation, Ogden said. Authorities do not have any information on suspects.
(more at link)

http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/230547

How sad and bizarre! I wonder what the dispute was over health products......

Thanks for the update, thefragile7393

Below is a link to info on the healthcare product that Gayle was buying. A quick google search shows the most expensive price to be about 1600.00. So the price paid was about right. I wonder if a charge was made to Gayle's CC without her knowledge? Or maybe Gayle had buyers remorse and wanted her money back.

http://www.aquachi.info/index.htm

The investigation also showed that Patrick had purchased two of a health-care product from Dominica on March 11 — the last day Patrick was seen alive — for about $3,000, O'Connor said. The device — called an Aqua Chi Ion Energy Spa — claims to remove toxins from the body through the feet, O'Connor said.
Detectives have evidence of the purchase, but O'Connor couldn't elaborate on what that evidence was.
Dominica, of the 4200 block of North Rillito Creek Place, near North Campbell Avenue and East Limberlost Drive, sold the products from her home, O'Connor said. For several weeks, she and Patrick had a business relationship in which Dominica was providing Patrick with healing products, he said. Investigators don't know how the two met each other.
The $3,000 purchase was the largest made by Patrick, O'Connor said.

I am thinking buyer's remorse. These stories just make me feel so bad! Disabled women, trying to be independent. :shakes head: Rest in Peace, Gayle.

From February 2009:

http://tucson.com/news/tucson-woman...cle_37da1220-01e6-5b8b-97cd-0bcef58c9e48.html

A 53-year-old Tucson woman who admitted last month to shooting and killing one of her customers was sentenced to 22 years in prison Tuesday.

Kathryn Diana Dominica will have to serve every day of the sentence imposed by Pima County Superior Court Judge Michael Cruikshank, although she will be given credit for the 334 days she has already spent in jail.

Dominica pleaded guilty to second-degree murder last month in the death of Gayle Patrick...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back