Data Theft Hits Big Grocery Chain

From the link:
The company is aware of about 1,800 cases of fraud reported so far relating to the breach.

This is just becoming more and more frequent. It's happened to me 3 times at least. May karma get these thieves 100 times over. :mad:

Check your credit free annually! It's so easy to do. The site is www.annualcreditreport.com

It is scarey isn't it taximom,you're right it is happening too often.Luckily,I don't shop at those stores. Where next ...

I pay Discover Card $3 a month and they monitor my credit rating for me. If I'm ever caught in a fraud, they'll pay off what/whoever it is... even if it isn't their card. You almost have to have someone looking out for you in this day and age... because if you don't, it'll be too late.

Magic, $3.00 a month seems like a small price to pay for that service. I'm going to have to check into it!

Thanks for the link Taxi, I'll have to keep that link.

I just got a letter from University of Utah Health Clinics saying that my son's patient info was among 4800 that was on a laptop that was stolen. Supposedly it only contained names addresses and medication. Well I bet insurance info is on there. I can see the potential for fraudulent medical treatment and drug scripts being able to happen.

Recently a friend of mine had her identity stolen from a woman who did the books for an oncology group. How low can someone be,to steal from cancer patients? She did get caught,but I don't think there is enough punishment for the likes of her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back