1117 users online (224 members and 893 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Dawn Higdon, 14, Ridgecrest, 2 Aug 1988

Missing Since: August 2, 1988 from Ridgecrest, California
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: August 23, 1973
    Height and Weight: 5'1, 130 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Higdon has the name "Dusty" tattooed on her upper left arm.

Details of Disappearance

Higdon was last seen at her family's residence in Ridgecrest, California on August 2, 1988. Authorities believe that she left her home of her own accord. Higdon has never been heard from again. She was reportedly sighted in New York City, New York in 1993, five years after she vanished.

Higdon has allegedly been seen in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada in recent years as well. She may be involved in prostitution. Her case was reclassified from a runaway to endangered missing fifteen years after her disappearance. It remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Ridgecrest Police Department

760-371-3713

Dawn Renee Higdon

Higdon, 14, ran away from her Ridgecrest, California home on August 2, 1988. In January 2010, she was identified as deceased. No further details are available.

http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved.html

I have family that lives in RC and I have lived there a while too..its pretty small and remote. I Have looked for information on this case with no luck. It appears that her death occurred the day that she went missing, and that the remains were found in 1990, yet it took until 2011 to confirm it....I am wondering if her death is considered a homicide , have they figured out the cause of death? the area is a very "homey" place where everyone knows everyone and helps their neighbors, its a very small town mentality...I have had time thinking that it was a local who murdered her....Does anyone else have anything further?

It seems that because the state screwed up this case is wrapped in a lot of secrecy and nothing is being reported...that has me wondering....