Home for sale: $400

hmmmm, no photo, wonder why? :waitasec:

I don't get it. I google-earthed it and it seems to be in a rural area. I can't tell what shape it is in though. Typo? Weird!

hmmmm, no photo, wonder why? :waitasec:

Given the area, it's pretty likely that that's a burned-out shell of a crack den.

I can say this, having gotten lost in that part of Detroit once.

Given the area, it's pretty likely that that's a burned-out shell of a crack den.

I can say this, having gotten lost in that part of Detroit once.

No no, it's warm (burned out), cozy (small) with an open floor plan (shell). Don't you know real estate lingo? :crazy:

How they even gonna sell that? No doubt there's squatters in that lil house.

What is going on is they are trying to get people to contact them ... they will then say its a typo but they can help you find a house anyways.

I've searched on realtor.com for some time for homes and land in Kentucky
and have found many "cheap" houses. No telling what kind of condition they are in or what kind of area either.

Ok being from the Detroit area -

They have certain areas that are under revitalization. The areas these homes are in were once in cracked out, prostitute laden areas. (Cass Corridor Comes to mind) which is now GORGEOUS!!

They have since begun to be revamped, and are sold for literally pennies on the dollar along w/ abandoned buildings, and factories (which are then converted to lofts, condos and artists studios, offices etc some of which are NOW amazingly beautiful.)

The nice thing, is that the city absorbs most of the cost, and at least in one area that I know of, the purchaser has NO taxes for the next five years after purchase, as well as gets rehabilitation money to put towards the cost of rehabbing the building/dwelling!

Doing more research, that home (Like TONS in Detroit as well as Michigan) is in foreclosure, which brings another thought, often times, the city will sell properties for again pennies on the dollar just to get them rehabbed and/or demolished. (In certain instances and even in the suburbs (Warren area comes to memory) they (cities) will even help with the down payment) It's estimate from Zillow.com is 68kish and if you go to the city of Detroit's Equalization office website it has an SEV value of a little under 50k.

Depending on the property, this is how lots of people make money being a detroit landlord, buy something dirt cheap and then rehab it and rent/lease out to Section 8 tenants. HUD will do and/or absorb most of the cost of the work, and they (landlord/investor) is guaranteed a check every month via section 8.

Zoom info can be found here - http://www.zillow.com/search/RealEstateSearch.htm?addrstrthood=6646+SEMINOLE&citystatezip=DETROIT%2CMI#src=url

Information on it being foreclosed upon can be found here - http://www.streamfx.com/CW/12-5-2007/REO-Michigan7.html Actually at that link you will see LOTS of homes in the city of detroit and their foreclosed upon price, the house was originally listed for almost 7k, then dropped, if you follow the links at zillow, you'll see the cost of the house is basically what property taxes are for the year, with it being foreclosed upon, and being in a not so good area, although the city is trying to revamp, and alot of the neighborhoods are becoming "associations" so they can do this amongst themselves. (If you go into the link below and scroll to the east, you'll see brand new (as in revamped) homes where some are worth almost a couple hundred thousand....

Picture of the property (aerial view) http://www.zillow.com/HomeDetails.htm?zprop=62324593

Bad area does not equal dangerous, I actually feel that the worst parts of the city of Detroit are safer than most parts of the burbs...In those parts of Detroit, it's usually an ongoing situation that creates violence (notice I said usually and most parts not ALL) and being just a passer through, or even if you are going into the area (some of the best bars are in these locations because they're out of the way, and you can go w/o being hassled, bothered etc, because it's ALL regulars) as long as your minding your own, trouble usually stays away....But Detroit is funny in that sense, you'll have a beautiful block, then a really "ghetto" run down block, pass a couple houses, and then go back to brand new looking homes, lofts and condos.

Don't forget the "mansion" districts, Edison, Indian Village,Lafayette Park, The River District (riverfront condos, lofts, and the like), East English Village, Palmer Park etc.

Hope that helps give some insight!

Jinxie is right detroit can have a nice block than a bad one. Personally I stay clear of detroit if possible. I am the same way with flint, I only go if I absolutely have to. I think parts of flint is much more dangerous than detroit.

There are foreclosures all over Michigan, Mortgage companies are giving them away just to get rid of them. We are not moving like originally planned just because we refuse to give our house away by selling it way below appraisal.

Jinxie is right detroit can have a nice block than a bad one. Personally I stay clear of detroit if possible. I am the same way with flint, I only go if I absolutely have to. I think parts of flint is much more dangerous than detroit.

There are foreclosures all over Michigan, Mortgage companies are giving them away just to get rid of them. We are not moving like originally planned just because we refuse to give our house away by selling it way below appraisal.

LOL I will go to the worst area of detroit at say 4am(ish) w/o an issue. But Flint? Heck no! It (Flint) scares the HELL out of me...and that's saying something!!! Pontiac is another one that is terribly iffy for me too.

I havent been to pontiac in years, I use to love some of their bars down there in my younger days. Flint is scary especially around hurley hospital area. With Kwame running detroit and the police its kinda scary to think what detroit might be like in the future. Flint loves Williamson but they seem to forget he was in prison for awhile with fraud and embezzlement. He knows many of my family members, I dont like what I have heard about him at all.

LOL I will go to the worst area of detroit at say 4am(ish) w/o an issue. But Flint? Heck no! It (Flint) scares the HELL out of me...and that's saying something!!! Pontiac is another one that is terribly iffy for me too.

That's funny, I was going to say the same exact thing! :)

Jinxie Jada, are you saying that the dreaded gentrifiers are taking over? Seems everytime that happens the poor have to be totally ousted. Watch you'll have a cyber cafe in that $400 house I bet and next door an art gallery before ya know it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back