TN TN - Rachel Conger, 30, Paris, 13 March 2008

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=8032024&nav=menu374_1

18 March 08

Tuesday morning, police said they are looking for a missing woman.

Investigators in Henry County said Rachel Conger hasn't been seen since Thursday. She was last seen with her husband Paul.

The couple was having relationship problems, but was trying to make up.

Sunday police found Paul's body in a wooded area. He had apparently shot himself.

Henry County investigators are asking if anyone has any idea where Rachel may be to please call police.

no pic at link

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=8030382

17 March 08

A Henry County man is dead, the apparent victim of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

The body of Paul Conger, age unknown, was found Sunday morning in some woods.

His wife, Rachel, 30, has been missing since last Thursday when she was seen with her husband in his truck.

According to a Henry County Sheriff's Department news release, the couple spent Wednesday night together with their daughter.

The couple apparently had been having marital problems and were attempting to reconcile.

no pic at link

http://www.wsmv.com/news/15618216/detail.html

18 March 08

The Henry County Sheriff's department said they, the Tennessee Highway Patrol, Henry County Rescue Squad and Callaway County, Ky., officials are focusing their search for a missing woman in the Land Between the Lakes.

Police called Rachel Conger's cell phone, which her husband answered Thursday morning, and the signal bounced off a cell phone tower near that area.

Officials said they believe 30-year-old Rachel Conger is the victim of a murder-suicide at the hands of her husband, Paul Conger.

Paul was found dead on Sunday from a self-inflicted gunshot wound about 500 yards down the street from his home in a wooded area.

Authorities were using ATVs, helicopters and horses in the search for Rachel.

The couple disappeared on March 13.

Channel 4 talked to Rachel's parents, and they said the couple had domestic problems during their 10-year marriage. Rachel moved out of the couple's house about two months ago. The missing woman has a 13-year-old daughter.

Those who have information on this case are encouraged to call the Henry County Tennessee Sheriff's Department at 731-642-1672.

pic

It does sound like he murdered her and then took his own life. I wonder why he didn't kill himself at the same place that he murdered her? I hope that she was afraid of him and ran somewhere safe. Maybe she hasn't heard that he killed himself yet so is still hiding. That would be a happy ending to this story. A 13 yr old girl needs her mom.

We believe she was murdered, we found out from people she knows that she was telling them, "Hey, if I ever go missing...Look here, and here, and here." My step daughter remembers accounts of abuse back when she was 5 years-old. We never knew he was abusive until the night she and he disappeared.

I believe he killed himself away from her because he believed he was going to get away with the crime, and when he came back to see the search teams had found the truck he took his life as well.

If she was still alive, after 9 days we would have heard from her by now. She was never the kind of mom to let anything hold her back from seeing her daughter and there is really no where that she could be hiding.

I am so very sorry for your loss, Southie. I hope you are able to locate Rachel and give her a proper memorial and burial.

Hugs,

Hoppy

There are very few people that I have crossed paths with in my life that have made the impression on me that Rachel has. She is the kind of person that I could sit with for hours just talking.

She had told me of the abuse, and I told her many times that no man had a right to put their hands on her in anger. I never dreamed that it might come to this.

I was looking forward to meeting her daughter and am sorry that it didn't happen.

Amber, if you ever read this there is something you should know. I cared for your mother dearly and would have done anything for her. I just wish that I could have done more to prevent this. You see, I am the one that made that phone call to your mother that he answered. I knew the history of abuse and when he answered the phone I hung up. I was afraid he would take it out on her.

So I feel like I should have talked to him more and maybe he might have given me a clue to her whereabouts, or maybe even talked him out of it. This will haunt me for the rest of my life and there will never be a day in my life that I won't think of your mother.

She was so proud of you that she would talk about you for hours. You were the most important person in her life and I could tell just by listening to her, that you two were much more than mother and daughter. You were best friends.

You and your mother will be in my prayers, and I believe that she will be found.

Love always
afriend

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I know what it is like to have a friend or family member go missing. Hopefully Rachel will be found soon, the pain of not knowing what happened to them is your worst nightmare. I will keep Rachel in my prayers.

kaelee

Oh bless that little girl's heart. I hope they are able to find her mother. I wonder if Tim Miller and Co would come and help. Would LE cooperate with Tim? This girl deserves to find her mom and this story will touch Tim's heart.
Does LE seem to be trying to find Rachel?

Oh bless that little girl's heart. I hope they are able to find her mother. I wonder if Tim Miller and Co would come and help. Would LE cooperate with Tim? This girl deserves to find her mom and this story will touch Tim's heart.
Does LE seem to be trying to find Rachel?

From what I have read, it seems that she has a lot of support from her home town and LE and a SAR unit from Texas was there over the weekend. I don't know if they are affiliated with Tim Miller or not.

From what I have read, it seems that she has a lot of support from her home town and LE and a SAR unit from Texas was there over the weekend. I don't know if they are affiliated with Tim Miller or not.

Looks like it was United Response Search and Rescue Team (URSAR) that was there over the weekend searching for her. They are a different organization than Tim Miller's Texas Equusearch, but highly deserving of recognition for the work they do. Great info on their website.

URSAR team is a wonderful volunteer organization that I am happy to say I am the Case Manager. Although we don't conduct a lot of out state searches, we do offer all families support and guidance. This organization was instrumental in local searches, prayer vigil and mutal assistance with LE for my missing brother. We are not affiliated with Texas Equusearch. I talk to at least 2-3 people every day that have loved ones missing.

kaelee

URSAR team is a wonderful volunteer organization that I am happy to say I am the Case Manager. Although we don't conduct a lot of out state searches, we do offer all families support and guidance. This organization was instrumental in local searches, prayer vigil and mutal assistance with LE for my missing brother. We are not affiliated with Texas Equusearch. I talk to at least 2-3 people every day that have loved ones missing.

kaelee

kaelee,

Thank you so much for the information and thank you, also, for all that you do for missing persons, there just seems to be so many missing adults that have found the internet is about the only place to find attention for their cases. Do you run into the same with the people you talk to?

Yes, I do sometimes. When we do searches we meet with the families to discuss the cases, talk to the last people who saw them, and anyone else who may be involved.

Yes, I do sometimes. When we do searches we meet with the families to discuss the cases, talk to the last people who saw them, and anyone else who may be involved.

Kaelee,

Thanks for all you and your organization do. I spent quite some time on your website yesterday, and was quite impressed. I am sending it to a family member of a misssing person, so that they can send his flyer to you for posting. His case is listed here on Websleuths at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61297

Again, thanks to you, all the members and volunteers of URSAR Team, for everything you do for the lost and missing. :clap::clap::clap:

Barb

WOW When googling for other things it is amazing the cases of missing people that you come across

Still this case has no closure

http://bringrachelhome.blogspot.com/

The Husband killed himself and would appear that he may have killed Rachel first and left her somewhere. Another domestic situation

That left a beautiful young girl of 10 Amber without her mother :(

Amber if you are reading this my prayers and thoughts are with you ((((((((hugs))))))))
I hope you find your Mum soon

x

In March this year on the 13th Rachel Conger will have been missing for ONE YEAR

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=384422633

:( Please can we relook at this

I agree that this needs to be look into further. It happened not far from where I live. I'd love to let Amber have some closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back