736 users online (74 members and 662 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    78

    WI - Ann Nelson, 71, real estate agent, murdered, Cambridge, 18 March 2008


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,761
    That is terrible, my prayers for her family. Is there any word on a motive? If i recall i remember reading about another case in which a real estate was murdered possibly out west? Does anyone remember about that one?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    This has happened quite a few times in recent years. Two agents were murdered in Cobb County Georgia. Another in Texas. Some were assaulted and robbed throughout the US. The position is very vulnerable as you have to show the property as you are commissioned sales. Letting the office know where you are or where you are showing properties doesn't protect you. It only finds your body after.

    Most agents are independent and getting copies of drivers licenses prior to a showing is not realistic. I was an agent and only worked on referrals but with the market such that it is that is not realistic either. On site agents are sitting ducks...listing agents are very vulnerable. Buyers agents have a little more protection as this usually comes from referrals.

    The idea of a brokerage firm being the first line of defense for their agents is ludicrous. The brokers get their fees upfront and set up imaginary safety seminars. They get their cut from the mulitple listing services when you sell after you have paid them.

    I truly don't think people realize the danger and the vulnerability. Please don't let the names of the companies sway you into false belief about what really goes on. This realtor was in a very unsafe position.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    There was one that happened about a month ago. I wonder who that was and if they solved it. I saw a thread here about it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chico, CA
    Posts
    23,127

    Ill. man charged with killing Wis. real estate agent at showing

    An Illinois man was charged Thursday with killing a 71-year-old real estate agent whose body was found near a smoldering mattress in a home she was showing him.

    The criminal complaint alleges that James A. Hole choked Ann B. Nelson with her scarf and beat her with a fireplace poker Tuesday after she said something he didn't like, then set the house on fire with the still-conscious grandmother of 16 inside.

    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=6032869

    So senseless....71 years old and she sounds like a firecracker, always on the go.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,542
    That's horrible. I always figured there was danger involved in this profession. I remember when hubby and I were looking at houses and he could only come after 6pm when he got off work so we planned to meet with the realtor at a specific house at 7pm. When we got there she was already inside waiting for us and it was so dark outside already and I mentioned it to her that I would of NOT shown a house at night & she just said yeah but didn't seem to concerned.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    From the article.. "JEFFERSON A convicted sex offender and transient was charged Thursday with killing a Cambridge real estate agent Tuesday by beating her with a fireplace poker, choking her with her own scarf and setting a fire to destroy evidence."

    If I read one more article that begins with "A convicted Sex offender....."

    Honestly!! I do not care how packed our prisons our Keep them in there so they are not spreading and teaching their filth!!

    For all I care put 5 of them to a freaking bunk and let them eat bread and water maybe throw in some Peanut butter so the ACLU doesn't have a fit.

    I am tired of hearing people be compassionate for these scum bags.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,403
    Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving View Post
    An Illinois man was charged Thursday with killing a 71-year-old real estate agent whose body was found near a smoldering mattress in a home she was showing him.

    The criminal complaint alleges that James A. Hole choked Ann B. Nelson with her scarf and beat her with a fireplace poker Tuesday after she said something he didn't like, then set the house on fire with the still-conscious grandmother of 16 inside.

    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=6032869

    So senseless....71 years old and she sounds like a firecracker, always on the go.

    I'm happy they nailed the *******!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    From the article.. "JEFFERSON — A convicted sex offender and transient was charged Thursday with killing a Cambridge real estate agent Tuesday by beating her with a fireplace poker, choking her with her own scarf and setting a fire to destroy evidence."

    If I read one more article that begins with "A convicted Sex offender....."

    Honestly!! I do not care how packed our prisons our Keep them in there so they are not spreading and teaching their filth!!

    For all I care put 5 of them to a freaking bunk and let them eat bread and water maybe throw in some Peanut butter so the ACLU doesn't have a fit.

    I am tired of hearing people be compassionate for these scum bags.

    Well, at least there is zero to very little compassion for sex offenders here at WS!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom View Post
    Well, at least there is zero to very little compassion for sex offenders here at WS!
    I did not mean people here at WS..
    I meant people who advocate for "prisoners rights" and let these dirt balls back onto the streets.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    I did not mean people here at WS..
    I meant people who advocate for "prisoners rights" and let these dirt balls back onto the streets.

    Oh, I know you didn't mean people here...from your post, it sounds like it's the ACLU in part that you're upset with.

    I think it's interesting that this jerk said she said something he didn't like, so he killed her. The perp was a ticking time bomb! It was just a matter of time before he would do this to anybody...he is a sociopath.

    IMO
    Last edited by IdahoMom; 03-21-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: to add a thought

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    From the article.. "JEFFERSON A convicted sex offender and transient was charged Thursday with killing a Cambridge real estate agent Tuesday by beating her with a fireplace poker, choking her with her own scarf and setting a fire to destroy evidence."

    If I read one more article that begins with "A convicted Sex offender....."

    Honestly!! I do not care how packed our prisons our Keep them in there so they are not spreading and teaching their filth!!

    For all I care put 5 of them to a freaking bunk and let them eat bread and water maybe throw in some Peanut butter so the ACLU doesn't have a fit.

    I am tired of hearing people be compassionate for these scum bags.

    Does anyone else think his name is quite deserving?

    "James A. Hole"

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post



    Does anyone else think his name is quite deserving?

    "James A. Hole"

    I saw that too! Perfect!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,761
    She was still alive when he set the house on fire. He needs to die a slow painful death. All these sex offenders should be taken out back and shot. They can't be cured, they are a danger to society. He killed a senior citizen; heartless SOB..

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chico, CA
    Posts
    23,127

    1 million bond for Ill. ex-con in Realtor's slaying

    Bond is set at $1 million for an Illinois ex-convict charged today with killing a real estate agent as she showed him a home in Jefferson County.
    The criminal complaint says James Hole told authorities he became upset with Realtor Ann Nelson when they discussed the price of the house and she asked why he was looking at a house that he wouldn't buy.

    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=6032869

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. IA IA - Ashley Okland, 27, West Des Moines, 8 Apr 2011
    By Shin Masamura in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-11-2016, 09:16 PM
  2. OR OR - Donna Kuzmaak, 23, Portland, 21 March 1979
    By dotr in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2015, 04:14 PM
  3. *ACTION* WS'rs w/ Orlando Real Estate & Rental Agent Connections
    By BondJamesBond in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 02:11 PM
  4. CO - Real Estate Agent Raped While Showing Off House
    By mssheila in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 01:10 AM
  5. Bikini wearing real estate agent sells
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 04:31 PM

Tags for this Thread