GUILTY WI - Ann Nelson, 71, real estate agent, murdered, Cambridge, 18 March 2008

That is terrible, my prayers for her family. Is there any word on a motive? If i recall i remember reading about another case in which a real estate was murdered possibly out west? Does anyone remember about that one?

This has happened quite a few times in recent years. Two agents were murdered in Cobb County Georgia. Another in Texas. Some were assaulted and robbed throughout the US. The position is very vulnerable as you have to show the property as you are commissioned sales. Letting the office know where you are or where you are showing properties doesn't protect you. It only finds your body after.

Most agents are independent and getting copies of drivers licenses prior to a showing is not realistic. I was an agent and only worked on referrals but with the market such that it is that is not realistic either. On site agents are sitting ducks...listing agents are very vulnerable. Buyers agents have a little more protection as this usually comes from referrals.

The idea of a brokerage firm being the first line of defense for their agents is ludicrous. The brokers get their fees upfront and set up imaginary safety seminars. They get their cut from the mulitple listing services when you sell after you have paid them.

I truly don't think people realize the danger and the vulnerability. Please don't let the names of the companies sway you into false belief about what really goes on. This realtor was in a very unsafe position.

There was one that happened about a month ago. I wonder who that was and if they solved it. I saw a thread here about it. :(

An Illinois man was charged Thursday with killing a 71-year-old real estate agent whose body was found near a smoldering mattress in a home she was showing him.

The criminal complaint alleges that James A. Hole choked Ann B. Nelson with her scarf and beat her with a fireplace poker Tuesday after she said something he didn't like, then set the house on fire with the still-conscious grandmother of 16 inside.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6032869

So senseless....71 years old and she sounds like a firecracker, always on the go.

That's horrible. I always figured there was danger involved in this profession. I remember when hubby and I were looking at houses and he could only come after 6pm when he got off work so we planned to meet with the realtor at a specific house at 7pm. When we got there she was already inside waiting for us and it was so dark outside already and I mentioned it to her that I would of NOT shown a house at night & she just said yeah but didn't seem to concerned.

From the article.. "JEFFERSON — A convicted sex offender and transient was charged Thursday with killing a Cambridge real estate agent Tuesday by beating her with a fireplace poker, choking her with her own scarf and setting a fire to destroy evidence."

If I read one more article that begins with "A convicted Sex offender....."

Honestly!! I do not care how packed our prisons our Keep them in there so they are not spreading and teaching their filth!!

For all I care put 5 of them to a freaking bunk and let them eat bread and water maybe throw in some Peanut butter so the ACLU doesn't have a fit.

I am tired of hearing people be compassionate for these scum bags.

An Illinois man was charged Thursday with killing a 71-year-old real estate agent whose body was found near a smoldering mattress in a home she was showing him.

The criminal complaint alleges that James A. Hole choked Ann B. Nelson with her scarf and beat her with a fireplace poker Tuesday after she said something he didn't like, then set the house on fire with the still-conscious grandmother of 16 inside.

So senseless....71 years old and she sounds like a firecracker, always on the go.

I'm happy they nailed the !

From the article.. "JEFFERSON — A convicted sex offender and transient was charged Thursday with killing a Cambridge real estate agent Tuesday by beating her with a fireplace poker, choking her with her own scarf and setting a fire to destroy evidence."

Honestly!! I do not care how packed our prisons our Keep them in there so they are not spreading and teaching their filth!!

For all I care put 5 of them to a freaking bunk and let them eat bread and water maybe throw in some Peanut butter so the ACLU doesn't have a fit.

Well, at least there is zero to very little compassion for sex offenders here at WS!

Well, at least there is zero to very little compassion for sex offenders here at WS!

I did not mean people here at WS..
I meant people who advocate for "prisoners rights" and let these dirt balls back onto the streets.

I did not mean people here at WS..
I meant people who advocate for "prisoners rights" and let these dirt balls back onto the streets.

Oh, I know you didn't mean people here...from your post, it sounds like it's the ACLU in part that you're upset with. :)

I think it's interesting that this jerk said she said something he didn't like, so he killed her. The perp was a ticking time bomb! It was just a matter of time before he would do this to anybody...he is a sociopath.

IMO

:clap: :clap:

Does anyone else think his name is quite deserving?

"James A. Hole"

She was still alive when he set the house on fire. He needs to die a slow painful death. All these sex offenders should be taken out back and shot. They can't be cured, they are a danger to society. He killed a senior citizen; heartless SOB..

Bond is set at $1 million for an Illinois ex-convict charged today with killing a real estate agent as she showed him a home in Jefferson County.
The criminal complaint says James Hole told authorities he became upset with Realtor Ann Nelson when they discussed the price of the house and she asked why he was looking at a house that he wouldn't buy.

Bond is set at $1 million for an Illinois ex-convict charged today with killing a real estate agent as she showed him a home in Jefferson County.
The criminal complaint says James Hole told authorities he became upset with Realtor Ann Nelson when they discussed the price of the house and she asked why he was looking at a house that he wouldn't buy.

Incredible. Did he think she would just accommodate his pricing structure? I really think his intent was to rob her and she didn't go with his early on rhetoric and that is why the overkill.His little spiel didn't float.

Prayers for her family.

I know the judge, the DA and even the defense attorney in this case. This community is small - largely rural and this DA does not stand for this at all. My guess is that this is the only "stranger" murder that will occur in this county this year.

Trust me - this guy will plead to no less than life. If he goes to trial, trust that he will be convicted and then it with be life w/o parole.

Incredible. Did he think she would just accommodate his pricing structure? I really think his intent was to rob her and she didn't go with his early on rhetoric and that is why the overkill.His little spiel didn't float.

Prayers for her family.

I think his intent was to rape and/or kill.

I think his intent was to rape and/or kill.

You know you are correct. No matter how much logic we try and put to this the bottom line is he intended to kill her. The side conversations are only to distract from the reality.

You know you are correct. No matter how much logic we try and put to this the bottom line is he intended to kill her. The side conversations are only to distract from the reality.

With his prior as a sex offender, I do think he planned this crime out as well. His story about be coming enraged when she questioned affording the home might seem plausible, but with a prior crime I don't believe that he didn't intend to kill.

In this jurisdiction, it won't matter either way. They go for the highest charges and do not let people off easy. They are not afraid to try cases, and certainly will go to the wall on murder. Wambach the DA is very experienced - he has also been the DA at least 20 years. He is tough and his staff is good.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back