Tax Stimulus Rebate

They have finally posted the schedule for receiving the tax rebate.

Here is the article: http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/Advice/SeeWhenYouWillGetATaxRebateCheck.aspx

Tammie in Miami

....someone told me that if you normally have your refunds automatically deposited into your bank acct, you get the rebate sooner......i hadn't heard that, but by reading the article you posted, it's true.....

had to really dig, to find this thread, but glad i searched it out......thanks, Luzer

Hey, you are welcome. I love it that they will direct deposit for you if you had direct deposit for your refund. Hurry up, May 19, for me. Hahahahahahaha

Tammie in Miami

Am I checking the schedule for my SSN or dh's? His is the first name on the tax form, so I'm assuming it would be his. :( Of course, mine is at the beginning and his is at the end! lol

ETA: Thanks for the update!! :blowkiss:

I wonder too where you fall in the schedule if you have to pay taxes. I've read the irs site and see the schedule for direct depositers and paper check receivers. I did pay file our taxes electronically and pay via ACH transfer, but not sure if that counts as direct deposit.

I wonder too where you fall in the schedule if you have to pay taxes. I've read the irs site and see the schedule for direct depositers and paper check receivers. I did pay file our taxes electronically and pay via ACH transfer, but not sure if that counts as direct deposit.

Did you get a regular refund yet? Was it direct deposited? If so, this will be too.

All I have read is if you had a direct deposit of your refund, you will receive the rebate by direct deposit. Otherwise, you would get a check mailed to you.

I imagine you would fall under this category. Maybe you will get a letter from the IRS telling you when and how you will be paid. That was supposed to happen to everyone, but I haven't seen the specific letter yet, just the first letter talking about the rebate.

Tammie in Miami

ours should be direct deposited tonight, after midnight.....that's going by hubby's SS# ....his name is always first on our returns, & his number is how i've always been able to search out info thru the IRS.....

eta...below is the updated info, which looks to me like the other one....in any case, it states it's updated info from the IRS

http://www.savvysugar.com/1592332/

Awww man mine got bumped up to May 16th. It was the 12th. That's ok I plan on saving it and bringing it back to the states with us this summer anyway. We will see if my hubby and kids can keep their grubs off it though...:waitasec:

For the question of the person who didn't get a rebate and wondered if they would get direct deposit.

Direct Debit or ACH to pay your taxes is not the same as direct deposit. If you filled out the section on the 1040 with the direct deposit information the stimulus will come direct deposit - if not it will be mailed.

It really depends on what software you used if you had this option.

Hope that helps!

"Remember, in order to qualify for the Stimulus Payment, you
must have filed your 2007 tax return more than 6 weeks ago."

Q. I filed my return on time, but I haven’t received my stimulus payment, even though the payment date listed for my Social Security number has passed. Why?
A. In general, the payment schedule only applies if your return was received and the IRS finished processing your return before April 15. If you filed your return on time, but close to the April 15 deadline, the IRS may not have finished processing it before April 15.
Processing times for tax returns and stimulus payments vary. If you are getting a regular income-tax refund, the IRS will send you that refund first. Normally, your stimulus payment will follow one to two weeks later.
If you are not expecting a regular tax refund, your stimulus payment should arrive a minimum of six weeks after you file.

Q. I filed after April 15 and the payment date for my Social Security number has passed. How long will it take for me to get my stimulus payment?
A. It will generally take a minimum of six weeks after you file your return to get your stimulus payment.
all of above info is from the www.irs.gov site

I take this to mean that you can't check on it online unless you filed more than 6 weeks ago. Ours does not come up because we filed on 4/15

Awww man mine got bumped up to May 16th. It was the 12th. That's ok I plan on saving it and bringing it back to the states with us this summer anyway. We will see if my hubby and kids can keep their grubs off it though...:waitasec:

How did it get bumped??

The link isn't working for me, kept getting an error message after entering our info and clicking. I talked to our accountant to verify I didn't make a mistake with the entries and I didn't. Went back to the IRS web page and this link was just added to their site today (you are GOOD and FAST), there must be a kink in it. Has it worked for anyone else? Especially the other's whom haven't received their stimulus yet? We filed our taxes in late Feb.

I keep getting this message. We are sorry, but we cannot provide the status of your Stimulus payment. I have tryed it with 3 diffrent ssn#.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back