1051 users online (213 members and 838 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PA - Joshua Yevak, 19, & Cayla Turner, 17, murdered, Pottsville, 4 March 2008

19 yo Joshua Yevakm and is 17 yo girlfriend were found yesterday in the basement of a neighbor. They both had been shot to death. The neighbor has been arrested, and said he covered them with a blanket, so he wouldn't have to look at their bodies while he did laundry. Unreal pos 53 yo man is in jail now.
    His sister said Joshua had known the man for years, and trusted him.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-...,5271845.story

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowerSinger View Post
    The neighbor has been arrested, and said he covered them with a blanket, so he wouldn't have to look at their bodies while he did laundry.
    Oh well, that makes it OK then...

Unbelievable!
    Just thinkin' out loud....

What a *******. I hope the image of what he did stays etched on his brain permanently ... he won't be able to cover that up with a blanket so he can't see it any more

I found the below comment interesting. If Turner disappeared on March 3rd. When did Yevakm go missing?

Police believe the deaths could have occurred as early as March 3, when Turner went missing.

The guy looks like a psycho in the photo. How horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    I found the below comment interesting. If Turner disappeared on March 3rd. When did Yevakm go missing?

Police believe the deaths could have occurred as early as March 3, when Turner went missing.
    I interpret this as meaning that she was REPORTED as missing on March 3. Unless his family was used to hearing from him everyday, he might not have been officially "Missing" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by luthersmama View Post
    I interpret this as meaning that she was REPORTED as missing on March 3. Unless his family was used to hearing from him everyday, he might not have been officially "Missing" at all.
    Interesting because on Josh Yevak's Myspace site a friend posted on March 3rd he can't keep calling her so much. She was trying to visit with her grandmom and he called this girl six times. I wonder if they both were murdered at the same time. That's a crying shame two young kids like that.

He Didn't Seem Like A Murderer

Neighbors of this man can't believe this. He was this nice, quiet man that lived alone, and pruned people's bushes. It always astounds me that people think they know what a murderer looks like. I also don't think this was his real Uncle. His own sister said he knew the man for years and trusted him. I'd have said "This is our Uncle. He trusted him". More at link.http://pahomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=24523

I wonder why he killed them?

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    I wonder why he killed them?
    Lord only knows SuziQ. An old dude like him hanging around with young kids. Who knows? Obviously he's out of his mind as he changed his story so many times, but in a bat s*it crazy way. One article I read said he had that shotgun on his bed with him when the cops came in. Not real sure about that.

Southwestern Maine is home but I'm not there nearly often enough
    Sounds like a guy who's nice when sober but quite different when drunk. Wouldn't need much of a motive then. As for hanging around with "kids" well, maybe Yevak's relationship with his own father was not fulfilling and he saw a father figure in the old man, happens quite often.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6037153

(snips)
    Two teens found fatally shot in a man's basement had been dead for more than two weeks, according to the Schuylkill County coroner.
    Yevak's sister contacted police between March 9 and 15 after becoming suspicious of Nickle, who had been acting strangely since the two teens were last seen March 3.

Such an odd case, i wonder what the motive was; or did the man just snap? 3 weeks is a long time to keep bodies nearby it's a wonder he could bear the smell.

Nickle on ‘different level’

http://www.republicanherald.com/site...d=529074&rfi=6

.........snip...........

Scott Thornsley, an associate professor of criminal justice at Mansfield University and a national media commentator on violent crime and criminal behavior, said the alleged killer may have been out of control during the time the crime was committed, but attempted to regain that control afterward.

“I would expect that his actions surprised even himself,” Thornsley said by telephone. “It’s my theory that something triggered him into a rage and when he sobered up, he probably just did not know what to do with the bodies, so he attempted to control the situation by, in a sense, doing nothing and keeping them within his comfort zone.”

Thornsley, who has been consulted in several national high-profile investigations such as the Green River killings, the Scott and Laci Peterson murder case and the Washington, D.C., sniper cases, said the fact that Nickle’s account of the murders changed so often in his confession to police is damaging.

“If he had said he had a blackout and he didn’t know what happened, that would be one thing — almost an alibi of sorts — but when his story starts to change so often, that begins to hold less and less water; it starts to throw up some huge red flags,” Thornsley said.

“For every passing hour that he lives with what happened, with those bodies in his basement, and fails to do something, to alert police about what happened and tell them that he simply got drunk, then woke up and found two people dead on his floor, well, he loses that credibility of mitigating circumstances,” Thornsley said.

...................more at link ........................

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh View Post
    The guy looks like a psycho in the photo. How horrible.

I agree! Psycho, that's a good word for him!

Why did the psycho have to kill them???

Sad, very sad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast