GUILTY PA - Joshua Yevak, 19, & Cayla Turner, 17, murdered, Pottsville, 4 March 2008

ShowerSinger

Reaction score
19 yo Joshua Yevakm and is 17 yo girlfriend were found yesterday in the basement of a neighbor. They both had been shot to death. The neighbor has been arrested, and said he covered them with a blanket, so he wouldn't have to look at their bodies while he did laundry. Unreal 53 yo man is in jail now.
His sister said Joshua had known the man for years, and trusted him.

www.mcall.com/news/local/all-pottsville-mar21-cn,0,5271845.story

The neighbor has been arrested, and said he covered them with a blanket, so he wouldn't have to look at their bodies while he did laundry.

Oh well, that makes it OK then... :doh:

Unbelievable!

What a . I hope the image of what he did stays etched on his brain permanently ... he won't be able to cover that up with a blanket so he can't see it any more :mad:

The guy looks like a psycho in the photo. :furious: How horrible.

I interpret this as meaning that she was REPORTED as missing on March 3. Unless his family was used to hearing from him everyday, he might not have been officially "Missing" at all.

Interesting because on Josh Yevak's Myspace site a friend posted on March 3rd he can't keep calling her so much. She was trying to visit with her grandmom and he called this girl six times. I wonder if they both were murdered at the same time. That's a crying shame two young kids like that.

Neighbors of this man can't believe this. He was this nice, quiet man that lived alone, and pruned people's bushes. It always astounds me that people think they know what a murderer looks like. I also don't think this was his real Uncle. His own sister said he knew the man for years and trusted him. I'd have said "This is our Uncle. He trusted him". More at link.http://pahomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=24523

I wonder why he killed them?

I wonder why he killed them?

Lord only knows SuziQ. An old dude like him hanging around with young kids. Who knows? Obviously he's out of his mind as he changed his story so many times, but in a bat s*it crazy way. One article I read said he had that shotgun on his bed with him when the cops came in. Not real sure about that.

Sounds like a guy who's nice when sober but quite different when drunk. Wouldn't need much of a motive then. As for hanging around with "kids" well, maybe Yevak's relationship with his own father was not fulfilling and he saw a father figure in the old man, happens quite often.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6037153

(snips)
Two teens found fatally shot in a man's basement had been dead for more than two weeks, according to the Schuylkill County coroner.
Yevak's sister contacted police between March 9 and 15 after becoming suspicious of Nickle, who had been acting strangely since the two teens were last seen March 3.

Such an odd case, i wonder what the motive was; or did the man just snap? 3 weeks is a long time to keep bodies nearby it's a wonder he could bear the smell.

http://www.republicanherald.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19416241&BRD=2626&PAG=461&dept_id=529074&rfi=6

.........snip...........

Scott Thornsley, an associate professor of criminal justice at Mansfield University and a national media commentator on violent crime and criminal behavior, said the alleged killer may have been out of control during the time the crime was committed, but attempted to regain that control afterward.

“I would expect that his actions surprised even himself,” Thornsley said by telephone. “It’s my theory that something triggered him into a rage and when he sobered up, he probably just did not know what to do with the bodies, so he attempted to control the situation by, in a sense, doing nothing and keeping them within his comfort zone.”

Thornsley, who has been consulted in several national high-profile investigations such as the Green River killings, the Scott and Laci Peterson murder case and the Washington, D.C., sniper cases, said the fact that Nickle’s account of the murders changed so often in his confession to police is damaging.

“If he had said he had a blackout and he didn’t know what happened, that would be one thing — almost an alibi of sorts — but when his story starts to change so often, that begins to hold less and less water; it starts to throw up some huge red flags,” Thornsley said.

“For every passing hour that he lives with what happened, with those bodies in his basement, and fails to do something, to alert police about what happened and tell them that he simply got drunk, then woke up and found two people dead on his floor, well, he loses that credibility of mitigating circumstances,” Thornsley said.

...................more at link ........................

Sounds like a guy who's nice when sober but quite different when drunk. Wouldn't need much of a motive then. As for hanging around with "kids" well, maybe Yevak's relationship with his own father was not fulfilling and he saw a father figure in the old man, happens quite often.

More like he was buying the beer for the kid. When Yevak's parents were looking for the kid they approached Nickle's whom they have known for fifteen years. He said "I think they got aced". Nickle had two DUI's and other charges over the years. Comments from Yevak's family at link.http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-b1_5murders.6326102mar23,0,2422546.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back