GUILTY FL - Aundre Barnes, 19, & Jessica Upton, 18, murdered, Lakeland, 21 March 2008

Yikes, Mel! I'm sorry to hear that. What a mess!

Mel, that has to be awful for you. I'm sorry. These are just kids.

One of the victims was almost 30 years old. Hardly a kid... I really had a hard time understanding this story? His girlfriend was having an affair and he came in and shot them as they slept? Well, either way it's a sad situation and a sad unnecessary loss of life.

One of the victims was almost 30 years old. Hardly a kid... I really had a hard time understanding this story? His girlfriend was having an affair and he came in and shot them as they slept? Well, either way it's a sad situation and a sad unnecessary loss of life.

Sadie, Jessica Upton was 18 years old. Aundre Barnes was 19 yeras old. They were both shot in the head. Monquelle Anderson is 18 years old and is the accused. I don't see anywhere in that article that it says anyone is 30 years old. There was a time listed as 3:30. Maybe that's where you saw that? Basically Miss Upton had a relationship with Anderson and then was in bed with Barnes. Two kids murdered in cold blood by a kid. I know they are of legal age, but to me they are still young so I use the term "kids".

Sadie, Jessica Upton was 18 years old. Aundre Barnes was 19 yeras old. They were both shot in the head. Monquelle Anderson is 18 years old and is the accused. I don't see anywhere in that article that it says anyone is 30 years old. There was a time listed as 3:30. Maybe that's where you saw that? Basically Miss Upton had a relationship with Anderson and then was in bed with Barnes. Two kids murdered in cold blood by a kid. I know they are of legal age, but to me they are still young so I use the term "kids".
One of the article said Aundre was 19, and the other said 29.

The second article was so difficult to understand - It sounds like Miss Upton moved in with one person (as a roommate) and maybe he was expecting something else, and was upset that there were other men in Miss Upton's life.

:confused: The whole thing is so bizarre. Monquelle the shooter was such a polite and quite kid it is really hard to understand how. I guess she had lots of boyfriends and let Monquelle move in after meeting at arby's and he thought she was with him only then and jealousy. I just don't know how he with the way he was could murder 2 people unreal
if you met him and talked to him it is just incredible

Sadie, my apologies. justche now pointed out what you saw. I'm sorry, Sadie.

This is my first thread to post. I did because I knew the shooter guess you just don't know what lies inside people
I am so freaked out over sawed off shotgun where did that come from
unreal
The other guy has a long record on file at polk co sherrif i do believe he is 29 infact I am sure
The other 2 were 18 as with the friend he called before he did it

This is my first thread to post. I did because I knew the shooter guess you just don't know what lies inside people
I am so freaked out over sawed off shotgun where did that come from
unreal
The other guy has a long record on file at polk co sherrif i do believe he is 29 infact I am sure
The other 2 were 18 as with the friend he called before he did it

I'm sorry this hits so close to home for you!

Oh no problemo filly..no apologies needed here! I just didn't understand the story is all. I was confused lol. I get it now though after re-reading! :blowkiss:

Sadie, my apologies. justche now pointed out what you saw. I'm sorry, Sadie.

Yes it does hit home and really makes me think differently
I would had never dream this could happen with such a sweet quiet polite kid no way to see this coming makes me look at other cases differently when people say oh he was such a nice person in this one he was

Yes it does hit home and really makes me think differently
I would had never dream this could happen with such a sweet quiet polite kid no way to see this coming makes me look at other cases differently when people say oh he was such a nice person in this one he was

Some times the quiet polite ones are the trickiest - because you never really know what they are thinking.

From April 2010:

http://www.theledger.com/article/20100401/news/4015096&tc=yahoo?p=all&tc=pgall

The 20-year-old Lakeland man had urged a judge to give him the death penalty for using a sawed-off shotgun to kill his ex-girlfriend's new lover while he slept.

But a jury recommended Thursday that Anderson spend the rest of his life in prison.

On Wednesday, the jurors had found Anderson guilty of first-degree murder in the slaying of Aundre Barnes, 29, and second-degree murder in the death of Jessica Upton, 18.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back