Reaction score
Breaking news from Charlotte, NC:

Homicide unit investigating 4 deaths

[SIZE=-1]12:27 PM EDT on Monday, March 24, 2008

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By WCNC Staff
E-mail Us: NEWS@WCNC.com
[/SIZE]

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Homicide detectives are on the scene of what appears to be a quadruple homicide in southwest Charlotte, sources tell WCNC.
Police are investigating the deaths of four people found inside a unit in Tree Top Condominiums at 7000 High Meadow Lane off Archdale Drive.
CMPD spokeswoman Julie Hill said dispatchers received a 911 call at 5:47 a.m., asking police to check on the welfare of two people in one of the units.
When police arrived, they found four people dead. Sources tell WCNC the victims include three men and one woman.
Police have roped off a very large crime scene, which includes two entire apartment buildings.

From WSOC:

Police Investigating 4 Deaths In South Charlotte Apartment

POSTED: 12:40 pm EDT March 24, 2008
UPDATED: 12:44 pm EDT March 24, 2008

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Four people were found dead inside a south Charlotte apartment early Monday, police said.

Authorities have swarmed the Tree Top Apartments complex on High Meadow Road, which is off Archdale Road near Interstate 77. The entire complex has been roped off with crime scene tape.

Investigators won’t say how the people died. Also, they aren’t releasing the names of the victims and won’t say if they were related.

Police said they are interviewing the person who called 911 at 5:45 a.m.

Officers and firefighters in hazardous materials suits have gone into the building. There’s no word on why they have suited up.

That's a possibility, teonspaleprincess. Or maybe it hadn't exploded yet and they died from fumes? I don't have a clue about home meth labs, just guessing!

Meth lab was my first guess when I read that the authorities were in hazardous materials suits.

I did hear the police say that they had been to that very apartment several times before so it does sound drug related. (The complex was evidently a haven for drugs and illegal activity.)

A neighborhood person said that people were coming in and out of that apartment constantly, too. He said there was always girls around and guys traipsing around. It rather sounded like maybe he was hinting at a prostitution type situation.

The first link above has been updated:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Homicide detectives were not releasing key details late Monday night about a quadruple homicide.

Four people were found dead at the Tree Top apartments in south Charlotte Monday. Police believe they were shot to death, but, officers did not release their names or relationship, information about suspects, or officers' thoughts on possible motives.

(probably still drug related though, eh?) How sad.

Ah the Queen City. Nothing says the start of spring like a quadruple homicide. Guess they were shot and when the cops went in they found a meth lab or evidence that one had been there. I have not followed this on the news at all. One can get a bit overloaded reading about the crime around here. :eek:

The alleged murder is not currently incarcerated in NC. Any one good at looking up court records about Dominick O. Daise, DOB 1/13/1987?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back